MPP on the Bay

Yep... that he won in an auction that he paid $60 for... like I said... he's in it for the money....

From what distant galaxy do these auctions hale, one wonders? I may need to try and book passage on a freighter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads-up, Fusion ... my correct screen-accurate MPP just went up in value - profoundly - parfaitelumiere did you not mention you had a beach cabin at the French Riviera, as Fusion suggested? :)

Chaïm

I have a 20K euros value home and a bit of props, and some fees I don't even know how I will pay, I gave good ideas or advices to people who earned money with them, buty get nothing in return, so I' m still a poor man with no money.

Personally I enjoy giving free advice and tips if it helps others achieve their lightsaber goals though at times I can relate eventhough you own a house, ... I have to pay rent to house my extensive collection, rent which I much rather had spent on more lighsaber props instead ... that said ... luckily ... the sun will come out tomorrow, bet you're bottom dollar there'll be sun :)

Chaïm

I have a 20K euros value home and a bit of props, and some fees I don't even know how I will pay, I gave good ideas or advices to people who earned money with them, buty get nothing in return, so I' m still a poor man with no money.

Again, I feel your pain. I have a 15 year old, and expect that by the time he graduates from college and finally leaves his messy room at the age of 26, there will be about 20,000 euros of equity value left remaining in my house as well. Might need to develop those Jedi mind tricks or the future; and hope that the clerks at the mortgage company don't have Toydarian blood. :)

MPP's, Graflex, flash guns...It's like playing the stock-market. If the value to the buyer who pays $1,700 is there...then the seller wins. But the goal for all of us I would suppose...is the end-user value vs. the luck of the find. If someone is willing to pay $1,700...then more power to them. Me...I'll stick to the $500 range and take my chances trying to find a deal.

I really hate playing the stock market. Unfortunately, the world doesn't do a good job at giving you many other options...

My goal right now is to relive my second childhood while engaging in an activity that actually succeeds in pulling the teenager away from the LCD screen for a while and down into the electronics shop to hang around with dad. Hard to put a price on that, but I think we just found an upper limit, value-wise.

There is another one up for auction on the Bay now! Correct looking shroud type, this time. Too good to be true condition. Is this real, too? I haven't seen one of these for sale in all the short time i've been looking. Now it's fairly raining the things. Expensive rain. But rain, nonetheless. So is this real? What has opened the floodgates, I wonder?

What has opened the floodgates, I wonder?

A not so accurate, but genuine MPP fetching over $1700 opened the floodgates. My guess is as long as the prices are high, more will start popping up. Great time to be a seller, not so much if you're the buyer. Unless you have deep pockets.

There is another one up for auction on the Bay now! Correct looking shroud type, this time. Too good to be true condition. Is this real, too? I haven't seen one of these for sale in all the short time i've been looking. Now it's fairly raining the things. Expensive rain. But rain, nonetheless. So is this real? What has opened the floodgates, I wonder?

The shroud is correct but there's a couple of other things that are 'wrong' with it: the front of the flash is an incorrect flat variant and the end cap is a smooth, non ringed variant in the centre black piece. Also not quite sure what's going on with the clamp sleeve... it might be a replacement of some sort.

Let the masses of replicas make their impact on the market.
Price will get a hit as it happened with the Graflex.

And buying without the real deal seen will get much more dangerous.

Good to hear it's vintage. The shroud would be the real reason to buy it but that'd be one expensive shroud.

Double edged sword. If they were not bringing stupid money, none would be available. If any ever come available, it will only be because they are commanding stupid money.

I'm informing my young patawan that at current market rates he would to have to wash the family car once a week for about two years to pay for one of those.

I like your math fusion!!! Haha...what I haven't figured out is how to get the car washed properly!

I think the hard part on this is the actual fact that folks are paying the $ at those levels. Don't get me wrong...I am 100% in that these are valuable, and I will have one one day. But, as long as someone pays $1,700 for one...the next 10 people are going to price it...at $1,700. Had a guy on a used site offered a "Graflex" (said real, working unit) for $200...I sent him a message and said "I will buy it for $200 cash". His response was "well, I just looked on e-bay and saw they are worth a lot more...so I am going to bump the price up". I promptly told him that he was selling a "Graflex 2.0" and it wasn't the real thing...he stopped responding.

My idea...let's all stop buying the ones at $1,700 for a couple of Months...then fight over the lowered prices!!! Hahaha.

LoL. The little dude did his moms car over the weekend. Never occurred to me that you would actually need training in how to make something clean.

Just remove all visible dirt, alright? Kids got vision problems; next stop, the optometrist. In retrospect, my biggest mistake was assuming that, "just pretend it's your car and make it look how you would want it to look," would result in anything getting clean. I mean, I HAVE seen his room lately. :)

Anyway, eBay is a simultaneous blessing-curse. On the one hand, it affords access to things you may never otherwise ever be able to find. On the other hand, everyone on the planet thinks they should get full 1%er retail for everything thing they own. Which I guess they can, since everyone else on the planet is out there shopping.

I blame easy credit; it's all the Banksters fault. They are driving up the price of vintage light saber hilt kits along with everything else. :-$

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back