NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

Sooo... Lando's quarters are in the portside docking arm?

Heh, yeah basically.

At least that's where it is in the actual movie set, as far as I can tell.

Or actually outside the ship

Landos quarters.jpg

J

Heh, yeah basically.

At least that's where it is in the actual movie set, as far as I can tell.

It's frustrating. The new trilogy and Solo have all been wonderful opportunities to fix the hasty errors of the past and tweak things to align internally and fit within the exterior, but noooOOOOoooo... If they'd fixed the main hold/day room to be aligned fore-aft on the centerline, and if they'd either altered the angle the corridors intersect it or bumped out lower-ceilinged alcoves to p/s to meet the ring corridor square, and if they'd remembered both port and starboard docking arms and their functions... *sigh*

For all the other errors, I liked the Holiday Special animated short for giving us a doorway/room in the forward-port quadrant of the ring corridor outside the ring, a reactor-access room aft of the maintenance room where Leia was doing repairs in ESB (both inboard of the ring), and a slope-ceilinged space in the aft that works as a preliminary engine quadrant, with the ring corridor opening square into it. This corresponds to the raised wedge on the upper aft hull with the radiators and such. And it all leaves us with ample space between the engine quadrant and the p/s docking arms for rooms outside the ring. The Behind-the-Magic CD-ROM gave us a partially glimpsed bunk in a room in that area in the port-aft quarter. I've always subscribed to the notion that those spaces were for the crew bunkroom (port) and the Captain's cabin (starboard), and the "wet room" (head and galley) in the remaining smallish room space across the hall from the Captain's cabin.

Given Lando seems to be flying this ship solo (pun unavoidable), plus a droid copilot, I have no problem with him reworking the crew bunkroom into his pad, and I can see him expanding a closet for his capes into the engine room space and moving systems around as necessary (style trumps efficiency, after all). But as one leaves the main hold, one needs to go past an outside-ring doorway, the portside arilock inner hatch, and then come to the outside-ring door to Lando's quarters, opposite the inside-ring door to the reactor-access room.

I've long liked Robert Brown's preliminary diagram of this as the best starting point for an actually-thought-out Falcon:

myplan.jpg

Or actually outside the ship

View attachment 815238

Oh, I hate the perpetuation of that deckplan. Not even talking about the BS resorted to to try to make things fit, it doesn't even match the set. As Steve has far more eloquently shown before, this is roughly what happens when you plunk the film set in an accurately scaled exterior:

red-tj.jpg

But yeah -- outside the ship.

Could it be where the original bedroom was in the Haynes book....in the Lando video he walks to the red X.....then theres a cut in the video & we see him outside his room....green X..(the corridor looks like the straight corridor for the docking door

Landos quarters.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 14.00.40.png

J

Last edited:
We can easily assume that there is a holodeck type of device installed inside the Falcon to give the illusion of a larger space inside a confined area, which would make most claims concerning the interior dimension of the Falcon invalid.
After all, she is a smuggler ship.

I want to see this movie... just for the falcon & nothing else,

I like this comment! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be where the original bedroom was in the Haynes book....in the Lando video he walks to the red X.....then theres a cut in the video & we see him outside his room....green X..(the corridor looks like the straight corridor for the docking door

View attachment 815351

View attachment 815353

J

I think we may be looking at the engines!!!

I have to admit the Lando design is finally growing on me. It is cool to have a variant of the Solo modified version. However, I doubt the movie will go into the detail necessary to explain the straight mandibles and raised jaw boxes. That part still bothers me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have to admit the Lando design is finally growing on me. It is cool to have a variant of the Solo modified version. However, I doubt the movie will go into the detail necessary to explain the straight mandibles and raised jaw boxes. That part still bothers me.

The original mandibles and lower jawboxes are still there underneath the outer shell panels. You can see them in the Bandai pictures of the kit with the "escape pod" module removed. Hard to tell if the mandibles toe-in, but we'll see.
attachment.jpg

The original mandibles and lower jawboxes are still there underneath the outer shell panels. You can see them in the Bandai pictures of the kit with the "escape pod" module removed. Hard to tell if the mandibles toe-in, but we'll see.
View attachment 815988
I guess I should specify, the jaw box angle is too high. If you look at it from the side, they are too high or stout in order to continue the line or angle to the tip of the mandibles. If you look at the 5ft from the side the angle of the jaw box would intersect way before the Lando escape pod tip.

I guess I should specify, the jaw box angle is too high. If you look at it from the side, they are too high or stout in order to continue the line or angle to the tip of the mandibles. If you look at the 5ft from the side the angle of the jaw box would intersect way before the Lando escape pod tip.

You're right, but the 5-footer mandibles and jaw boxes are now buried under a shell of plating on the new (older) Lando version. In other words, it doesn't matter what the line from the original model does because the shell on top is different and carries a straighter/higher line to the nose. Does that make sense?

You're right, but the 5-footer mandibles and jaw boxes are now buried under a shell of plating on the new (older) Lando version. In other words, it doesn't matter what the line from the original model does because the shell on top is different and carries a straighter/higher line to the nose. Does that make sense?
For sure. I guess we'll see.

From the trailers, it looks like the ship takes enough damage that pretty much any change to ANH can be justified. At least they're not pulling a Star Trek and just replacing an older Falcon with the Falcon-A. :lol

Just to add: from preliminary reports of the upcoming Bandai kit, the engines for the “shuttle” (or whatever the thing is) don’t seem to be permanent. You can take that front housing off the bulk of the ship, but then it seems you have to pop the engines in. Doesn’t look like the kit suppports having the engines fitted permanently.

Attachments

• C8EF0304-CF2A-43BA-B8F2-0003AE25C0E6.jpeg
    C8EF0304-CF2A-43BA-B8F2-0003AE25C0E6.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 140
  • F2123060-F197-47A1-84C0-08D366234777.jpeg
    F2123060-F197-47A1-84C0-08D366234777.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 148A52A1-C4BA-4ED8-A301-4B564256684D.jpeg
    148A52A1-C4BA-4ED8-A301-4B564256684D.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 29EA7629-0B09-417F-9B8D-5210C0511226.jpeg
    29EA7629-0B09-417F-9B8D-5210C0511226.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 1549BADD-7B31-4E8D-92F0-1524190B81C2.jpeg
    1549BADD-7B31-4E8D-92F0-1524190B81C2.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 17D8A7E6-BAB6-4294-89A0-52026FA87D54.jpeg
    17D8A7E6-BAB6-4294-89A0-52026FA87D54.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 7DAEA1CC-0F55-46ED-BD2D-2AC2AD46F26E.jpeg
    7DAEA1CC-0F55-46ED-BD2D-2AC2AD46F26E.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 1BEBFA37-EDAA-4221-A161-9EABD9E29AAB.jpeg
    1BEBFA37-EDAA-4221-A161-9EABD9E29AAB.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 153
  • FC6F5AF7-AFDC-43A5-99AF-2E5A931FE136.jpeg
    FC6F5AF7-AFDC-43A5-99AF-2E5A931FE136.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 125
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back