Battle starship

I think everyone following this thread is running out of adjectives.

WOW
Fantastic
-> Absolutely Great <-- Selected
Amazing
-> Awe Inspiring <- Selected
Incredible
Mind Blowing

The scale you are working at is Awe Inspiring. Those fighter are Absolutely Great.

How about Super Wagaly. I don't think thats a word, so it sounds good to me.

Haha LeoL!

There's also,

Awesome
Cool
Totally (fill in the blank with any of the above)

But you are right. We are running out of unique or new ones.

and one more...

* ... speechless.

Sometimes I take a look at the latest progress and ... * ... then after awhile I maybe pick one of the adjectives listed. :lol

I'm also lost for words so I think it's time they added a new emoji

JAW DROPPING
View attachment 754510

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWsv1bOahI

All the best.

Katsuhiko Fujihira

You are most welcome Katsu-san! However the thank you goes both ways and heavily in your favor. Thank you for sharing your life joys here with us my friend.

Katsu-San it's a real pleasure to see your work, you are a genius with your hands, making such fantastic models from junk you are an inspiration to others.
That was a very nice video you posted, it's my honour to be a part of your build, if only to be watching and a real honour ( as we all probably feel ) to be called your friend.
My wife says ahhh what a very very nice man and deserves one of these ( X ) yes it's a kiss from my wife.

keep posting, looking forward to the next update.

It's nice to meet the man behind the curtain! Your posts bring a lot of joy and even a sense of friendship here. Your unique model builds were among the first that got me hooked on the RPF years ago. So the appreciation is mutual. Thanks, Katsu-san.

Last edited:
I always like watching folks do what they're really good at - whether they make things, or paint/draw, or perform - they make it look so easy. As amazing as your finished models are. seeing them being built is even more so.

And I really enjoyed and appreciate your video.

Hey, the guy in that video looks just like you.....

hehe. I think its really great to be able to see your work and just talk to people like you who live so far away. So very inspiring.

Usually, I feel like you are very close to me but Yes, you are supporting me from the other side of this planet.
Web net has many issues but thank god we can do this.

Katsu-San it's a real pleasure to see your work, you are a genius with your hands, making such fantastic models from junk you are an inspiration to others.
That was a very nice video you posted, it's my honour to be a part of your build, if only to be watching and a real honour ( as we all probably feel ) to be called your friend.
My wife says ahhh what a very very nice man and deserves one of these ( X ) yes it's a kiss from my wife.

keep posting, looking forward to the next update.

:$ Wow, thank you so much and please send my best regards to your wonderful wife, lucky man!:love
(The last time somebody offered me a kiss was about 30 years ago. I can die for now.)

You are very welcome Katsu-san.. And thank you for every update on this amazing build...

Jim.

Thank you always, Jim-san.

It's nice to meet the man behind the curtain! Your posts bring a lot of joy and even a sense of friendship here. Your unique model builds were among the first that got me hooked on the RPF years ago. So the appreciation is mutual. Thanks, Katsu-san.

You are welcome and thank you for letting me share my work. That's makes my joy of build doubled.

I always like watching folks do what they're really good at - whether they make things, or paint/draw, or perform - they make it look so easy. As amazing as your finished models are. seeing them being built is even more so.

And I really enjoyed and appreciate your video.

You have been keep supporting me ever since I joined the RPF.
Thank you Tom-san.

Looks I'm little nervous in the video. :facepalm

Arigatou gozaimasu , Katsu- San :thumbsup

Kochirakoso arigatougozaimasu. gedmac66-san.

My best wish is to meet you someplace in person and have some drink together.
That will be a fantastic day.

Here are some updates.
Continuing to build canon bank.

I was tried to color inside of the housing with etchant liquid.

qrbnF0Q.jpg

Looks like it colored blue and dark brown.

7VTlnOJ.jpg

Since it's not the paint job, I can bent this to make it a housing.

OeNtYr2.jpg

Roughly assembled for the test fitting.

WR7Cnf3.jpg

Achitj8.jpg

KsK0PvX.jpg

Coloring inside is barely visible.
It's OK, let's think of it as an experiment for experience.

zD7PRHW.jpg

Those yellow green wall lights are look cheap.
May be red or orange would be better.

This part will be finished in a few days.

Thank you very much for looking.

Katsu.

Last edited:
Fantastic. And don't worry about it not being too visible. Think of it as a nice surprise to anyone who studies it closely enough.

BTW for the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie, when they made the armor for Théoden, the costumers stamped the leather INSIDE of his breastplate with the golden sun.

This is as much as the audience ever sees of the inside. - they did it for the actor, to help him feel more like the character.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a2869e0e2a111ad7a1fc07b46d93994c/tumblr_inline_nk99goE0LI1qa2jxx.gif

Very nice details on the panels it's a shame the colours don't stand out more, they would have been made to look removable

Fantastic. And don't worry about it not being too visible. Think of it as a nice surprise to anyone who studies it closely enough.

BTW for the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie, when they made the armor for Théoden, the costumers stamped the leather INSIDE of his breastplate with the golden sun.

This is as much as the audience ever sees of the inside. - they did it for the actor, to help him feel more like the character.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a2869e0e2a111ad7a1fc07b46d93994c/tumblr_inline_nk99goE0LI1qa2jxx.gif

Tom-san, you really understand the thought of mine. I have made several models till now and those models have some parts that will never ever be able to see after I finished the model. May be you knew that already. It's there and by that is satisfied me.

Very nice details on the panels it's a shame the colours don't stand out more, they would have been made to look removable

Thank you, Bengrim09-san, It's a shame to me too. But it's OK. It will be a good experience for the further color scheme.

Wow!

It's really coming together

I kind of like the yellow-green. It is kind of reminiscent of Space Battleship Yamato lighting

Thank you very much, blakeh1-san.
I'm afraid that it's looks too fancy...

The last major part I have to take care of is the inside strips of twin hull.

lxxlK2Y.jpg

As usually I do, I drew some sketch today.

At the beginning, I drew some rough sketch of overall view.

S5nWiLI.jpg

hU9QjR4.jpg

And then, a bit more detailed one with some measurement.

qBCIkc8.jpg

This work is more interesting than finding kit parts. It also saves time as compare to my experiences.
Also, interestingly, you can also experience unexpectedness like arranging some kit parts. In many cases,
it will often result in interesting than you thought it might be.

Thanks always,

katsu

I have spent the last couple of days getting things back together after Harvey, and I am happy to say that your update is the icing on the cake. Things are starting to feel normal again. :) Many blessings for you and your beautiful family.

I see Bacliff is near by Houston and I saw there suffered flooding in network news. Are your families and house OK? I guess it may be hard to get things back after the desaster like that. Take care of you and your family.

I would frame your rough sketches and hang them on my wall. :)

Haven't posted that you're doing awesome recently, so you're doing awesome!

-Rog

I see Bacliff is near by Houston and I saw there suffered flooding in network news. Are your families and house OK? I guess it may be hard to get things back after the desaster like that. Take care of you and your family.

Thank-you. Half of Bacliff flooded. We were blessed to be on the other half. We had almost no damage to our home. Even today, parts of Houston are still flooded, and it will be weeks before those areas will be able to start re-building. My family and I were very lucky.

I would frame your rough sketches and hang them on my wall. :)

Haven't posted that you're doing awesome recently, so you're doing awesome!

-Rog

Thanks for the comment. Rog-san.
Hang my rough sketch on a wall? Bad idea!! :(:lol

Thank-you. Half of Bacliff flooded. We were blessed to be on the other half. We had almost no damage to our home. Even today, parts of Houston are still flooded, and it will be weeks before those areas will be able to start re-building. My family and I were very lucky.

I'm so relieved to hear that.
I knew the area of Texas is 680,000 square kilometers while the total land area of Japan is 370,000 square kilometers.
I feel terrible about the size of flooding this time.

katsu

Here's a progress of last 12 hours.

Finished the canon bank.

Added a few more detail for the canon.

nnT6bOy.jpg

h3f6lQl.jpg

Put the connection tube to the fire control room.

ZjZQlyy.jpg

t5yljNf.jpg

Sealed+ the canon bank and made a housing for this.
As you see, I removed the previous green light and put the orange one instead.

hDdVZc4.jpg

TVB22KR.jpg

Also I mad a pedestal of the control room.

nGJIjrg.jpg

WfUsEuL.jpg

4YhISal.jpg

3aDLMlr.jpg

WZedCJZ.jpg

TicmO0c.jpg

Here's a canon bank.

vFaGP4Q.jpg

FtlEHlU.jpg

oKIXLec.jpg

wwfgEyM.jpg

Overall look

4YhISal.jpg

PDT3rBH.jpg

SMhECqQ.jpg

This is it.

By the way, I named this ship CYCLOPS after her ugly face.

b0003180_9514510.jpg

Thank you very much for looking,

Katsu

IMG_1001.PNGLove the cannons, everything is coming together nicely
she's no Cyclops, she's a beautiful ship
very nice work as always katsu-San

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back