Need an artist for Decal work

TZY

Hi Guys,
Im working on producing a kit and need some art work made that will be used as decals for the kit. They will need to be in the form of vector files for scaling.I have lots of reference pics and will supply them. Please contact me to discuss the job if your interested . Or ..if anyone has information that can point me to persons who can do this work ..please let me know .
Thanks.

Hi guys,
Format.. color 2D I suppose.Illustrator works for me . Not sure what you mean there entirely.
They are for the Tank Girl Tank ..movie of the same name. There are markings and stickers on the tank. ..some generic and some custom It will be 1/35the scale so thats why I need them in a vector format to scale. I can send image caps to illustrate and give images of parts that the decals will attach to.
I have a thread started in general modeling on the Tank girl Tank
Thanks T

maybe post some links to the art work you want created.. so people can even decide if they want to take on the job?

Oh.. maybe provide a link to your other thread too? (so people dont have to look for it)

Hi Guys,
Im working on producing a kit and need some art work made that will be used as decals for the kit. They will need to be in the form of vector files for scaling.I have lots of reference pics and will supply them. Please contact me to discuss the job if your interested . Or ..if anyone has information that can point me to persons who can do this work ..please let me know .
Thanks.

Having recently created the new Millennium Falcon decal kit - YT-1300 Corellian Freighter decals, by Acme, I have a little bit of experience with this type of thing,…
(these are still available by the way,.. shame less plug)

Q?,...

1) Is this kit going to be professionally produced or is this a "garage kit",.. limited run?

2) Art work licensing issues need to be considered. Who has the copy-write to the finished art?

3) What is your reference? Is this copy write art to begin with or public domain art?

4) How are you planning to print them? This may or may not impact how they are created Ie, what software is used. Pro design software (Adobe products) vs non pro (Coral draw etc)

5) Deadline. How much time does the graphic designer have.

6) How many decals / how complicated are they - i.e..were do they go on the model - over what surface / curved, flat, wrap, etc.

7) What is your budget (this is rhetorical - DO NOT answer here)

8) how many revisions do you anticipate (this can be guess - estimated based on art complicated-ness (is that even a word?)

9) Do you have a proto type model built to use for decal scale / position testing?

Just some things to consider.

Hope this helps,

best regards,

maybe post some links to the art work you want created.. so people can even decide if they want to take on the job?

Oh.. maybe provide a link to your other thread too? (so people dont have to look for it)

Here is a link to the thread. There are markings on the wheels and flames sides of the rear of the tank.There are stickers and checkered markings on the turret and rocket launcher. I have lots of image caps ..These are a few... Ive scaled them down...larger ones are available .
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233650

Decal markings.jpg

Having recently created the new Millennium Falcon decal kit - YT-1300 Corellian Freighter decals, by Acme, I have a little bit of experience with this type of thing,…
(these are still available by the way,.. shame less plug)

Q?,...

1) Is this kit going to be professionally produced or is this a "garage kit",.. limited run?
Its going to be a garage kit. Limited run ... dependent on interest

2) Art work licensing issues need to be considered. Who has the copy-write to the finished art?
Unknown.. Not a problem to my knowledge.
3) What is your reference? Is this copy write art to begin with or public domain art?
Unknown.
4) How are you planning to print them? This may or may not impact how they are created Ie, what software is used. Pro design software (Adobe products) vs non pro (Coral draw etc)
In the past made on my color printer with decal paper.
5) Deadline. How much time does the graphic designer have.
No deadline ..Mesh work to be printed yet for master. mesh is scaled . specs available if needed.
6) How many decals / how complicated are they - i.e..were do they go on the model - over what surface / curved, flat, wrap, etc.
See attached pics in post.. more available upon request.
7) What is your budget (this is rhetorical - DO NOT answer here)
Negotiable
8) how many revisions do you anticipate (this can be guess - estimated based on art complicated-ness (is that even a word?)
None ...if they get it right the first time .. thats a joke ... not a criticism
9) Do you have a proto type model built to use for decal scale / position testing?
prototype yet to be made .. is available as 3D model if needed. However if its a vector image i can scale it. Most of the decals are flat surface mounted. Maybe one problem area with the circle patten that is on the sides of the tank and rolls over to the top surface of the tank either side of the turret

Just some things to consider.

Hope this helps,

best regards,

Questions answered above.
Thanks

TZY, the reason I asked about format is because I've used OpenOffice DRAW for my personal vector artwork but is doesn't seem to transfer easily to other tools... but of course, anyone can have Oo_Org suite so I can easily share what I do. I'm not a pro but thought I might be able to assist...

TG is one goofy (but enjoyable) movie, btw...
R/ Robert

I think once you find someone here capable of creating vector art from your bitmap photos, you will find the price for that type of work outside your scope for your project. Unless you have a strong budget and even if that's true, it will probably be better to outsource.

Try elance etc....

Just my OP, good luck with your project;)

TZY, the reason I asked about format is because I've used OpenOffice DRAW for my personal vector artwork but is doesn't seem to transfer easily to other tools... but of course, anyone can have Oo_Org suite so I can easily share what I do. I'm not a pro but thought I might be able to assist...

TG is one goofy (but enjoyable) movie, btw...
R/ Robert

Yeh ...this was one those kits ive always wanted to build and enter into an IPMS show in the tank category just to watch the armor guys heads spin.
Contact me if you think you might be interested in the project.

Yaris,
Thanks for the heads up on it being expensive . Ive been producing kits for about 6 years now and have come to expect it if I want to put out a good product.You suggest outsourcing it. Any recommendations welcome

Yeh ...this was one those kits ive always wanted to build and enter into an IPMS show in the tank category just to watch the armor guys heads spin.
Contact me if you think you might be interested in the project.

Yaris,
Thanks for the heads up on it being expensive . Ive been producing kits for about 6 years now and have come to expect it if I want to put out a good product.You suggest outsourcing it. Any recommendations welcome

I sent you a private message but not heard back as of yet.
R/ Robert

Just a quick post . Sorry to all those who who have contacted me for not getting back to you sooner. Ive been slammed getting ready for Wonderfest and will follow up after the show . If any of you are going please look me up on Kit Kongs table.Glad to talk with you there.
Thanks for the support .
T

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back