U.S.S. Enterprise-B Captain's Chair

JoeRalat

Hello, I seen a thread about the Enterprise-A Chair,so why not post one with the Enterprise-B. From my research it maybe a found item. I found a few car seats that seem to match the design, but not 100% If anyone has any ideas for other seats, please let me know. Thanks

Here are some reference of the Seat from the movie.
C1.jpg
CaptChair-624x658.jpg
CaptChair3.jpg

Here are some car seats that seem to match. My thinking was it had to be a seat around the time the movie was made. So the movie release was the end point and I worked backwards. But I did look past the date..too

1.) 1996 GMC Sonoma
B2C2B593-75F3-4F77-9BE3-15F5BF23019F_6.jpg

2.) 1995 Chevy Blazer
18354169_3.jpg

3.) 1998-2002 GMC Sonoma
Unknown-3.jpeg
Unknown-4.jpeg

4.) Chevy S10 Blazer
!CFUqfMgEWk~$(KGrHqF,!lkE1F390t3UBNUtwPws+!~~_12.jpg

Keep in mind the Senoma and Blazer are probably the same. Just chevy/GMC. I'd stick with the 96 set and find some Rit-Dye or whatever.

My advice for old automotive seats REALLY cheap, check out your local junkyards. Most times you can get one for under $15.00. Sometimes for as cheap as 5 bucks.

Even if you find a match, how will you track one down?
You'd be surprised how organized the junk yard business has become. I went to one looking for a tailgate for my 1977 M880 (Dodge w200 Army pickup) and they were searching a 5 state region which included color, condition, price, yard/facility/company with it and more. Also included cross-match compatibility for similar parts.

I'm surprised. I don't have any personal experience, but my mental picture is that you have to go and scour the junkyard to find what you want. I guess I should get with the times and realize that the stock would be inventoried and easy to browse on a computer.

Its funny to look at this as an anal collector, trying to match up and find the exact model used. Im sure when they had to make some sort of set decoration, the studio/art dept/prop house just grabbed the first cheap thing they could find and ran with it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back