Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

It is a little hard to see, but I filled in the text in the safety lever area with a clear two-part epoxy. Want to hit it one more time with a file and then I'll mask off the safety area, repaint it and then reweather it. Should be pretty hard to see after all that.

jyn-erso-blastech-a180-pistol-progress-4.jpg

Art, if you want those parts machined metal, I think we could arrange it based on your models.

Art, if you want those parts machined metal, I think we could arrange it based on your models.

Thank you for the offer. I want to test out some local machine shops here (I desperately need a local machinist), but if that falls through, I'll definitely ping you

One note I want to make is that I see a lot of people using the Battlefront model for this gun which includes a sling mount on the left side. I assume that was there for the riflle variant of her gun, but I haven't been able to find that in the movie so I am not including that on my pistol. Not only that, but as someone previously mentioned, since Jyn holsters her pistol on her right side, that sling mount would be jamming into her thigh constantly.

You can see in this image from the film that the mount (and the small plate under it) seen on the Battefront model aren't present.

jyn-erso-a180-pistol-movie-variant.jpg

My plan is to stick as close to what I can see on the screen used piece as possible... so yes, I am going to be filing the little hump flat off this part so the receiver shroud will fit.

Looking great man!

I'm working on a cnc/metal version also... I also am shooting for film version not game.
Is there a clear photo from the film showing this flat? I'm having a hard time seeing. The game clearly has it flat but i couldn't really see any ref from the film.

Also Art if you are interested i scanned my p08 and brought it into fusion while back. Its a low rez scan but its pretty helpful for rough test fitting of modeled parts. Hit me up if your interested. I'm going to do another vid series again like i did for reys blaster. Its cool to see others working on them as well. FYI The scan looks better than it actually is in this vid cause its has the texture applied. The acutal mesh is much muddier and soft but again is pretty good for testing the fitment. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRw-J6FAcly/?taken-by=s2jesse

Looking great man!

I'm working on a cnc/metal version also... I also am shooting for film version not game.
Is there a clear photo from the film showing this flat? I'm having a hard time seeing. The game clearly has it flat but i couldn't really see any ref from the film.

Also Art if you are interested i scanned my p08 and brought it into fusion while back. Its a low rez scan but its pretty helpful for rough test fitting of modeled parts. Hit me up if your interested. I'm going to do another vid series again like i did for reys blaster. Its cool to see others working on them as well. FYI The scan looks better than it actually is in this vid cause its has the texture applied. The acutal mesh is much muddier and soft but again is pretty good for testing the fitment. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRw-J6FAcly/?taken-by=s2jesse

Wow! That scanner you created is SUPER cool! I wish I had your model when I built these pieces! I just did it the old and boring way (with calipers on the gun).

Let me see if I can find any photos of the piece being flat. I know I saw it when I was going through the movie, but I am not sure I saved those shots.

Wow! That scanner you created is SUPER cool! I wish I had your model when I built these pieces! I just did it the old and boring way (with calipers on the gun).

Let me see if I can find any photos of the piece being flat. I know I saw it when I was going through the movie, but I am not sure I saved those shots.

Thanks i think its just more a proof of concept to see how useful scanning will be. Its a little too low res to go off alone but it does give you a heads up if part of your model is penetrating etc. Its a good sanity check. Still mainly using the old calipers also and even making a few hand made test fit parts. Pm me tho if the model will still help you at this point. Looks like your already passed the need tho.

Jesse

Thanks i think its just more a proof of concept to see how useful scanning will be. Its a little too low res to go off alone but it does give you a heads up if part of your model is penetrating etc. Its a good sanity check. Still mainly using the old calipers also and even making a few hand made test fit parts. Pm me tho if the model will still help you at this point. Looks like your already passed the need tho.

Jesse

I think I have, but watching your videos sure makes me feel link a rank amateur!

OK... I think I can pretty safely call the weathering of the base pistol complete. Thanks to those of you who reached out and especially to the person who sent me some ref. I couldn't have take it this far without you.

As usual, the pistol looks much more beat-up in person than in these shots.

While most of the weathering is light file and steal wool, at the back of the receiver, I went a bit hard and heavy with a piece of bar stock to give the feel of the rifle stock having been placed on and taken off the pistol many times. It left much harsher marks in a very specific vertical pattern and it is there on purpose.

I left these at full size (click on them and they should be huge) so you can actually see the details.

View attachment jyn-erso-base-pistol-a180-weathering-complete-right-side.jpg

View attachment jyn-erso-base-pistol-a180-weathering-complete-left-side.jpg

View attachment jyn-erso-base-pistol-a180-weathering-complete-front-back.jpg

Doh! Just saw that there is a set screw in the top of the barrel as well as the bottom!

jyn-erso-blaster-pistol-a180-set-screw-top.jpg

Wow Art, impressive job with the modeling and mods so far! I totally missed that little wire on the trigger in my previous research on this prop - could you please share any reference that clearly shows this? Glancing through the older images in this thread I see some hints of it, but nothing very clear.

I wonder if it was a repair for a broken hinge/pin on the trigger? The cast metal isn't particularly strong.

Wow Art, impressive job with the modeling and mods so far! I totally missed that little wire on the trigger in my previous research on this prop - could you please share any reference that clearly shows this? Glancing through the older images in this thread I see some hints of it, but nothing very clear.

I wonder if it was a repair for a broken hinge/pin on the trigger? The cast metal isn't particularly strong.

No clue what that wire is for... I just used the cutoff nail part of a rivet.

Here is one of the better photos showing it. Now... if you want something "clearly" showing it... ehhh... that is tough.

jyn-blaster-trigger-greeblie.jpg

2nd to the last mod on the pistol... and a scary one for me. I cut the 4mm slot for the rifle guide as it clearly goes back into the pistol and is held in place by the take-down lever.

The last thing will be to cut the take-down lever in half and thread the remainder to accept the M3 screw coming from the right side.

jyn-erso-base-pistol-a180-rifle-guide-notch.jpg

And here is the shot that makes you feel confident that you didn't just screw up the whole thing. The small detente hole that helps hold the take-down lever in place lines up beautifully with the new notch.
jyn-erso-base-pistol-a180-rifle-guide-notch-2.jpg

Looking great!!

I bought a 8" Luger with the extra sight back the days, when this was believed to be the correct version for Jyn's blaster...will this work as well or do I definately need the 6" version?

Looking great!!

I bought a 8" Luger with the extra sight back the days, when this was believed to be the correct version for Jyn's blaster...will this work as well or do I definately need the 6" version?

I think you could MAKE it work, but it would likely take some additional effort on your part. The 6" barrel is definitely the right size for her blaster.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back