Prop kit vendors across the Universe

MetaBlazer

Hey everyone,

I've been spending the better part of yesterday searching for vendors who are currently selling resin prop kits on ebay, amazon, and etsy. I've found a few that seem to be legit enough, some that no longer sell, and others that are very questionable with history of burning people in the past. I figured I reach out and ask you guys and gals for your opinion. So what vendors have you all found to be a great resource for resin prop kits?

If there is already a running list I apologize ahead of time for flooding the forum with redundant threads, and I really appreciate your input.

Asking if there is anything specific you are shopping for might be an easier question.

The only seller who I can say stay away from is Golden Armor, I think his Ebay user name is Chaucer44. Oh and Reel Art on Ebay is also another to stay away from.

Asking if there is anything specific you are shopping for might be an easier question.

Thanks for your input dropshipbob! I am really shopping for small(ish) artifacts and blasters from various sci-fi movies and shows. My hope is to find a resin kit for Korben Dallas' blaster as my next project. This forum has a bunch of threads describing re-casters and scammers to stay away from. It would be great to have an ongoing list of vendors to work with.

Well, one person I dealt with recently who makes a few different "blaster" type replicas is rgriesbeck. I bought one of his Blade Runner pistol kits and it's really nice! Plus he was a great person to deal with. Check him out, he might have something you like.

The only seller who I can say stay away from is Golden Armor, I think his Ebay user name is Chaucer44. Oh and Reel Art on Ebay is also another to stay away from.
What's wrong with Golden Armor? I was just about to get his Diet Pepsi Perfect kit but figured I'd check here first.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

By looking at his site, it looks like poorly cast warped products. It might be all recast but who knows.

Edit: some of the props are warped, mostly the larger ones like the R2. His smaller items might be great.

Last edited:
Hi all.
I too am.looking for kits. Hopefully reasonably priced ones.(But I also understand you get what you pay for too.)
I have a limited income due to a disability, but my one and​o ly collecting passion is props. I've had a dream for a few years now to have a big weapons wall.
There was a vendor I used but he stopped doing kits/props.
He used to have EVERYTHING.
SIGH.......

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

What's wrong with Golden Armor? I was just about to get his Diet Pepsi Perfect kit but figured I'd check here first.

Well, he was banned from the RPF years ago for recasting, and I believe he STILL sells some of the recast items. Most of his personal work leaves a lot to be desired, and his molding/casting work even moreso. Lots of pits and voids, wonky and/or soft detail, horrible seam lines, you name it. The problem I personally had with him was misrepresentation of items.

There was a thread here documenting how much work went into fixing his warped POS item,I forgot what it was.

It was epic!

Another one to stay away from is star fortress

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back