Is Starship Modeler's board down?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can anyone get on Starship Modeler's message board? It keeps saying it can't connect for me. The main site works, just not the board.

Stupid question but did you clear your cookies? My bank does that, for some reason after i log out there's times i have to clear my cookies before it lets me back into my account.

And I quote:

"11/05 It seems that our ISP moved the Discussion Forums (and everything else on starshipmodeler,.net) to new servers this past weekend, and the new address hasn't resolved for everyone quite yet. I access the forums the same way everyone else does - they're not hosted onsite - and I can get to them just fine. So - patience, I guess. It should just be a couple days before the rest of the world catches up to the move."

What's New on Starship Modeler

-MJ

Stupid question but did you clear your cookies? My bank does that, for some reason after i log out there's times i have to clear my cookies before it lets me back into my account.

If there's a cookie within a foot of me, it's been eaten. :lol Yeah I did that. It worked last night, but it's down again tonight.

it was a stupid question but you never know when someone might forget lol. Mmmm coookies. Sounds like they're having all sorts of issues there.

Well, I was able to access the site last night ( approx 9 hours ago now. ) And now I'm getting it too. I wonder how come the sites been down for days. Yet others like me have still been browsing.

The reason that folks had problems before Thursday was as Mike J. previously posted - their ISP switched Servers. It takes some IP's - not those used by SM - a little while to fully update their information. Particularly the smaller providers.

The current reason can be found here: What's New on Starship Modeler

11/08 There are more Discussion Forum woes - as anyone trying to log in has seen. The current "cannot connect to the database" error is a problem at the ISP which hosts the site - not with any of your browsers or connections. We're working on it.
Gotta love incompetent ISP's!

November 8, 2013 -- The Discussion Forums are currently offline. We are aware of the problem and are attempting to have it fixed. There is nothing wrong with your computer or internet connection - the fault is something the hosting service has done/ failed to do. Your patience is appreciated while we beat our aheads against a stone wall attempting to get them to remedy the situation.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back