ZVEZDA STAR DESTROYER heavy conversions by Nikter

nikter

Hello, friends, I'm sharing my work for last 2 month, hope you like it. It is not finished yet

20170212_193156-2.jpg20170304_003041.jpg20170304_003058.jpg20170304_003122.jpg

with all my improvements this fantastic Zvezda kit looks even beter, more like Anigrand ar RC model
20170304_002943.jpg
LIST OF CHANGES:
-side trenches are twice bigger than in Zvezda's kit, closer to ESB version
-most of decks are improved with many tiny details, it makes impression of bigger size
-the neck part upgraded with extreme small parts and trash hangar
-the engine area is totally remade for new height and also improved wih new parts

all my new parts are being casted to make super-detailed conversion kits.

If you are interested in buying my upgraded painted and lighted model, please, write me here in comments or to my mail tereshkin-89@mail.ru

Last edited:
I like the added greeblies to the superstructure. I'll be doing that on my second build this summer.

How are you widening the engine block? I realize it's all mocked together right now, but the angle of the engine block (top and bottom) does not look like it matches the new hull angles (top and bottom).

Impressive work so far...

I like the added greeblies to the superstructure. I'll be doing that on my second build this summer.

How are you widening the engine block? I realize it's all mocked together right now, but the angle of the engine block (top and bottom) does not look like it matches the new hull angles (top and bottom).

Impressive work so far...

I used original part as a base so the angle is same as should be, I'll make first casts in a month and show you built model)

Just some friendly observations, while I do think the Zvezda's walls are little bit too thin, maybe doubling them might be a wee bit much? I'm no expert, just my opinion. Granted they are at slightly different angles, but here's a comparison. Anyways, awesome work! Love the added detail on the neck and engines, it looks fantastic.

Wall comparison.jpg

Love the added details you made on an already impressive kit!

It is hard to tell from the photos- did you correct the bridge angle to match the superstructure instead of having it align with the main hull senterline as with the stock kit? I am working on that part now with my kit...

Last edited:
Just some friendly observations, while I do think the Zvezda's walls are little bit too thin, maybe doubling them might be a wee bit much? I'm no expert, just my opinion. Granted they are at slightly different angles, but here's a comparison. Anyways, awesome work! Love the added detail on the neck and engines, it looks fantastic.

View attachment 712445

I just noticed in your comparison pic that the Zvezda superstructure slops much more radically than the studio model.

That's likely a trick of perspective and field of view, Robiwon.

And I agree, the wall height appears to be a bit over-corrected, perhaps. Also, given the extensive attention paid to the trenches and engine bay, I'm wondering how the bridge angle will be corrected. That "trick of perspective" really makes it stand out to me.

And I agree, the wall height appears to be a bit over-corrected, perhaps. Also, given the extensive attention paid to the trenches and engine bay, I'm wondering how the bridge angle will be corrected. That "trick of perspective" really makes it stand out to me.

I agree that the wall trenches look to high. The engine part looks fine to me.

...given the extensive attention paid to the trenches and engine bay, I'm wondering how the bridge angle will be corrected. That "trick of perspective" really makes it stand out to me.

Doesn't look like he's attacking the bridge angle from those pics. Hey, Robiwon, where is that comparison pic from? I've seen lower res pics use that shot, but never something that showed the individual lights so well. Been struggling to find some good reference on the wedding cake and trenches for lighting, as sadly they don't, for obvious reasons, light her up when Avenger is on tour and there doesn't seem to be good documentation on it.

Doesn't look like he's attacking the bridge angle from those pics. Hey, Robiwon, where is that comparison pic from? I've seen lower res pics use that shot, but never something that showed the individual lights so well. Been struggling to find some good reference on the wedding cake and trenches for lighting, as sadly they don't, for obvious reasons, light her up when Avenger is on tour and there doesn't seem to be good documentation on it.

I just googled Avenger Star destroyer side profile, and photoshopped it in real quick with the OP photo lol nothing fancy. Think this was the source: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ideview.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080927200455

I haven't done any scientific or forensic investigating, but to my eyes, the engine area of Zvezda is pretty darn close to the right height. I think, and could totally be wrong, but to me it looks like the original model has trenches that slowly taper and get wider at the front than they are in the back. I suspect that was purposely done to help convey an even longer and larger ship from certain angled shots. At least that's my theory. I think the back is fine. But to scratch tapered trenches could be tricky.

Bill

Here's a side view of mine. If Zvezda would have added juat a bit more to the height of the side trenches, they would be perfect.

Nikter: Although your sides might be a bit tall, I think you've done an awesome job with yours. The added detailing looks really good and I salute you for rebuilding that entire rear area....no way would I have had that much patience:)

Robert

Thanx for your comments)
The height of trenches is a question.
Look at this screenshot from ESB, my trenches height looks close to itScreenshot_2017-03-08-11-54-30.png

It's an effect of the perspective... the trench in foreground seems bigger, but the trench in the background looks pretty small. I think the side photo posted above by Robert clarify the trench height matter.

The three foot miniature from ANH was built with a taller trench in the front compared to the rear. This forced perspective was done because well, the model was only three feet long and needed a greater sense of scale.

But again, great work on your SD there nikter. I think I've been following your build on FB too, unless someone else is doing the same mods.

Here's a side view of mine. If Zvezda would have added juat a bit more to the height of the side trenches, they would be perfect.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/bigvade/IMG_1167_zpsfwlvodon.jpg

Nikter: Although your sides might be a bit tall, I think you've done an awesome job with yours. The added detailing looks really good and I salute you for rebuilding that entire rear area....no way would I have had that much patience:)

Robert

Again, at the risk of derailing, Robert, looks like you did a correction to the bridge angle - it looks like you left the tower alone and titled the bridge module itself, is that right?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back