JaycVenlo's Deadpool Movie build, methods and files

Ah I just saw this post, to answer this question I met someone who got to wear one of the actual movie suits (Justin Harder -> Artist who drew the end credits for the DP movie) he was lucky enough to be the same height and build as Ryan Reynolds. Anyways, I asked him about it when I met him at a comic con in Houston and he said there was an internal harness which had screws in the back, as evidenced by the pictures.

Any way you could elaborate on how you made the swords/scabbard? I was hoping to possibly try my hand at making a lighter one, the set I purchased is made of wood and is attached to my suit by backpack style straps. Not as stream line as the movie suit., El_fett one of the few people who have a pretty damn accurate replica suit is planning on attaching the scabbard via industrial velcro. Not sure how well that's going to go if I'm being hoarded at the Cons again this year.

Hi,

i am going to work on the attachment of the scabbard in the next 2 weeks. As you described, i will be using the 2 screw points on the suit and locking holes on the scabbard, or maybe visa versa. Maybe ill also be making an under harnass, because if its only attached to the fabric of the suit in will hang and pull the cloth downwards. We'll see.

I made my swords out of black 3mm sintra. Easy to use and pretty lightweight. See post#6 in this thread

Ah I just saw this post, to answer this question I met someone who got to wear one of the actual movie suits (Justin Harder -> Artist who drew the end credits for the DP movie) he was lucky enough to be the same height and build as Ryan Reynolds. Anyways, I asked him about it when I met him at a comic con in Houston and he said there was an internal harness which had screws in the back, as evidenced by the pictures.

Any way you could elaborate on how you made the swords/scabbard? I was hoping to possibly try my hand at making a lighter one, the set I purchased is made of wood and is attached to my suit by backpack style straps. Not as stream line as the movie suit., El_fett one of the few people who have a pretty damn accurate replica suit is planning on attaching the scabbard via industrial velcro. Not sure how well that's going to go if I'm being hoarded at the Cons again this year.

And here are some shots of the mask. from ilustrastudios. Cant believe the insane quality of this mask.
I did add some weathering for movie like effect.
deadpool mask 01.JPGdeadpool mask 02.JPGdeadpool mask 03.JPG

Attachments

• deadpool mask 01.JPG
    deadpool mask 01.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 276
  • deadpool mask 02.JPG
    deadpool mask 02.JPG
    344.6 KB · Views: 247
  • deadpool mask 03.JPG
    deadpool mask 03.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 318
Nice touch on the weathering! Yeah I think that's one of the best masks out there to purchase, it looks great!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Just curious but the shin guards you made, you've made them for a few others right? Crazy good job you did, they turned out great. Can't wait to see the end result

Just curious but the shin guards you made, you've made them for a few others right? Crazy good job you did, they turned out great. Can't wait to see the end result

No, these are the first shin guards i have ver made. one of a kind completly custom... :)

Anyways, I asked him about it when I met him at a comic con in Houston and he said there was an internal harness which had screws in the back, as evidenced by the pictures.

That's good info. Having extra stuff under the suit is something I don't even think about. They do a good job of fooling you with those movie suits. My son's swords just dangled around and shifted a lot since the strap was the only thing securing them.

And great progress JaycVenlo!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back