Disney in talks to buy Fox studio assets..

That's my understanding as well. I've also read that Comcast might consider negotiating a deal with Disney that would split fox's assets between Disney and Comcast, so that Disney ends up with the marvel licenses among other things.

Right now on a per share basis the deal is at $38 per share of Fox. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this in the mid $40/share once either Comcast or Disney blinks. The Murdoch family much prefers the Disney offer as it’s stock and cash and results in a much lower and deferred tax liability for them. Comcast is all cash and that’s going to create a huge tax liability for them.

That's my understanding as well. I've also read that Comcast might consider negotiating a deal with Disney that would split fox's assets between Disney and Comcast, so that Disney ends up with the marvel licenses among other things.

I thought that as well but I also think they both want SKY TV.

i thought there were "rules" set in place to were companies can only own/buy certain amounts to prevent a monopoly etc?? maybe im thinking of something else but it seems disney is gonna own EVERYTHING if there allowed to keep buying EVERYTHING. :confused

Maybe we could finally get the Theatrical versions of the Star Wars OT on blu ray!

I think that's the only reason they want it, and to also get even more Marvel characters, hahaha!

Surely that's not the only reasons obviously, but I'll bet are pretty big priority bullet points.

i thought there were "rules" set in place to were companies can only own/buy certain amounts to prevent a monopoly etc?? maybe im thinking of something else but it seems disney is gonna own EVERYTHING if there allowed to keep buying EVERYTHING. :confused

It depends on a lot of factors. In this instance, there is more than enough movie-making competition. Universal, Paramount, Warner, Sony, Netflix, and even Amazon is getting into the game. And a variety of indie and other movie-making sources. However, the DOJ did decide that Disney could not have Fox's sports network due to Disney's ownership of ESPN.

How can the us government give approval when it hadn't been submitted for regulatory approval yet? The Fox board just voted to accept the offer.

Can't wait to see the X-men and Fantastic Four added to the MCU,eventhough that might take a few years

Last edited:
How can the us government give approval when it hadn't been submitted for regulatory approval yet? The Fox board just voted to accept the offer.

The DOJ already gave it's approval provided Disney does not get to keep Fox's sports network due to their ownership of ESPN. This was discussed prior page.

IIRC, the FCC is not involved because Disney is not taking on Fox's broadcast licenses.

The only real obstacles are foreign approval. And, again, realistically that's going to happen.

@George
Yes, once the merger is totally 100% complete. They will be able to use X-Men and Fantastic Four also. I wouldn't expect to hear much about that until at least next Summer after Infinity War 2, or whatever they're gonna call it.

Hmmm...where have I seen company mergers like this before...? Oh, right!
Screenshot_20180730-011807_Google.jpg

I think the end of infinity wars 2 might be like the end of that two part stargate episode where time travel had altered earth, and they went back in time to sort it out.

Only instead of there being a fish in Jack's pond, there will be the fantastic four in new york and the x men, and Stark (if hes alive) will say "close enough".

Disney will get its way eventually and all franchises will be theirs...

You do not mess with The Mouse; just ask the Jonas Brothers:

*WARNING: The Mouse “gets real” and is uncensored in the posted video. There is no “safe space” in the House of Mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely - Get too big, and you will fail.
Man, I'm telling you. The list of what they don't own is getting shorter and shorter. Pretty soon it's going to be Standard Oil all over again. I don't understand how what they are doing isn't considered a monopoly? It's no longer a free market if you own all the cards.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back