Suicide Squad

Yeah, even in my amateur status I would know to at least have something custom.

I don't know what the deal is, but it feels like WB is trolling us without even trying. No thanks to unreliable news sources, not that I ever frequented IGN or the others.

Lol wow. I knew it had to be a fanmade outfit, (fan assembled at least) There is zero chance for a big film studio to have an off the shelf outfit, off the shelf parts yeah but modded to say the least. I just cant believe someone snuck on set! It cant be THAT easy to get passed security, right? Unless they thought "Hey, look Smith in new wardrobe! Come on, filming is this way" :lol Time for better guards maybe?

uOM8OYg.jpg

WTF this just looks like bad cosplay

A bit underwhelming, especially with what Snyder and Wilkinson are giving to us on BvS. In the other hand, they look very... grounded ? Lots of tactical gear and "found items" (that are probably completely custom made but look like found item), which kinda makes sense. None of them are billionaires, they're criminals blackmailed into dangerous black ops missions so it fits the profile. Not digging the enchantress much, Harley looks like the right attitude, but if they were going for the arkham look, they could have keep in closer then, more black/red leather stuff. Croc could have been bigger, but getting an Arkham vibe too here. The rest is OK. Deadshot seems to have wrist guns, so that's something. Yeah definitely grounded, in a sense they could be from a kick-ass movie (minus Croc maybe) and not in a universe where Aliens fly and have laser eyes.

I normally don't poo poo on a movie before it comes out but I have lost all excitement in this. It honestly looks like a low budget b-movie

*Looks at Killer Croc*

Congratulations DC. You've officially made the tiny headed Goomba soldiers from the Super Mario Bros. movie look like Darth Vader in comparison.

suicide-squad-mariomovie4-jpg-472711d1430699929

Attachments

• Mariomovie4.jpg
    Mariomovie4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 229
I actually don't mind Deadshot, especially with the white mask, but the rest of them look like some hobos trying to cosplay as soldiers. The low-tech, cobbled-together look really makes no sense here. I mean, sure, they aren't billionaires, but they are backed and supplied by Amanda Waller and The Agency/whatever it's called.

I'm trying to withhold judgement until the actual movie comes out, but they're definitely not doing themselves any favours. I kinda feel like this movie is being made by people who have no emotional investment in the DC comics, and who were never fans of these characters prior to making the film.

I'm starting to lose hope for this movie :\

Couple questions...

Who's the Cholo gangsta, Japanese samurai, crescent moon girl, Native American guy, and Sabertooth look alike?

From ComicBookMovie:

Pictured from left to right are: Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens) as Slipknot, Jai Courtney (Terminator: Genisys) as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne (Paper Towns) as Enchantress, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop) as Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie (The Wolf Of Wall Street) as Harley Quinn, Will Smith (Men In Black) as Deadshot, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World) as Killer Croc, and Jay Hernandez (Hostel) as El Diablo.

If this was just a sci-fi flick I would totally be down for it but these are established characters that have a reputation in the comics. I actually like the DC tv universe better

I feel like I should cross post this to the super man, FF, and ghostbusters threads as well but...I'm really sick of the characters that are huge departures. Mostly it just offends common sense. As much as I enjoyed Heath Ledgers hobo joker, you're still paying millions to the rights for a character then completely changing almost everything about it. In the end they change so much that you could just call him the Trixster or something and keep the extra tens of millions spent on rights. Blow it booze and hookers or something for the crew.

It just annoys me that they lock down the rights to characters they clearly have no interest in making a movie about. They just want the name. The only thing that annoys me more is that most of us end up paying to go see it anyway just for the name, and justifying their choice to do that to characters that we, unlike them, actually liked.

Just to be pedantic for a moment, but Warner Bros. has owned DC since the 60's and thus is not paying squat for rights they own outright.

I dont mind it. Harley looks great tho but this 1 pic cant really show you what the movie will be like. I for one am still lookin forward to this one.

I gotta say, with each leaked bit of info, DC's managed to severely underwhelm me. Maybe the films will be better than the pre-release stuff, but man...they aren't doing much to excite me about any of this.

Also, there are more colors than just GREY, guys. Maybe y'all should look into it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back