Mixing enamel paint help

MarkL057

Hiya guys,
Seems at every stage of planning this model I run into a hurdle.
I had ordered some pipettes and mixing pots for my revell enamel paint and revell colour mix.
I sucked up some paint which was fine. But when transferring to the empty pot it just spat it out with some air so no idea if my measures are right (was hoping to measure per drop)
And without thinking I used the same pipette in the colour mix so that's now gone milky colour so looks like I'm replacing this already! Is there a knack for it or should I just buy some more mixing pots with ml marks on the side?
Thanks in advance, Mark.

When mixing colors, I don't use pipettes, I use brushes. Fill up the brush with color A, drop into mixing bottle, grab my second brush and repeat with color B, and then use a different brush for the actual mixing. So for me, instead of measuring by the drop (which would take forever, honestly), I measure by the brush-full. If that makes sense.

SB

I use small stainless steel spoons to mix my paint
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSVP-Endura...894275&hash=item48992a9fc8:g:QocAAOSw32lYrFCe

They come in various sizes. I have a small set to mix around an once or less of paint and a larger set for models that require more paint
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAVY-GAGE-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They are easy to clean and you can keep track of the mix ratio when mixing colors and write them down so you can reproduce the color again. After mixing I usually paint a sample of the colors on a sheet of paper with the mix ratio for the particular model I am building so I will have a reference sheet to go back to. This is very helpful when looking for colors for other models as a guide

Hope this helps

When mixing colors, I don't use pipettes, I use brushes. Fill up the brush with color A, drop into mixing bottle, grab my second brush and repeat with color B, and then use a different brush for the actual mixing. So for me, instead of measuring by the drop (which would take forever, honestly), I measure by the brush-full. If that makes sense.

This is how I do it, too. I just wing it. It ain't rocket science.

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the late response, it had stopped emailing me notifications.
I ordered and am using 2ml plastic syringes, really easy to measure out the paint and working ok so far!
Thanks again, Mark.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back