Help with Abner Ravenwood Journal

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

I've been working on a Ravenwood journal for some time now and have near perfected the pages. Does anybody have any good info on this journal cover though? Any knowledge as too what the cover itself was made from?

I had some of the inserts somewhere in digital format. Be awesome to see you have a piece of your Dad's work. Maybe someone here still has a kit they could copy for you.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had some of the inserts somewhere in digital format. Be awesome to see you have a piece of your Dad's work. Maybe someone here still has a kit they could copy for you.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I have the original pages but the problem is I don't have the inserts he made. They would fill the whole book but im not looking to do that yet. Just looking to make a blank one first until I get good with the fabric for the covers. Once I make a few and get good at them, then I will make a few with the inserts and words and sell in a very short run:). Not looking to copy dad's work just to finish what he started;)

Last edited:
I made my journal's cover from two different coloured pieces of book cloth.

This is the post in my own build thread where I made the cover and attached the signatures: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=194124&p=3058220&viewfull=1#post3058220
Beautiful work! Absolutely beautiful! I should be able to just pick some up from Walmart or JoAnns would probably be a better bet right after I get paid (I find I walk away from Joanne's a lot lighter in the wallet;) because in a seamster and like fabric hahaha).

Beautiful work! Absolutely beautiful!
Thank you very much! I had lots of fun making my journal, I'd not done any book binding before so it was a new skill to learn and I also really enjoyed all the research into possible inserts for the journal. If you need a book binding guide, I swear by the ones SeaLemon has up on YouTube. Try this one on case binding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_rU-yOPd4

I should be able to just pick some up from Walmart or JoAnns would probably be a better bet right after I get paid (I find I walk away from Joanne's a lot lighter in the wallet;) because in a seamster and like fabric hahaha).
That I cant help you with, I'm in the UK. Just make sure it's proper book cloth and not just general fabric, book cloth has a backing to it designed for gluing.

Don't forget to post build progress shots :D

Thank you very much! I had lots of fun making my journal, I'd not done any book binding before so it was a new skill to learn and I also really enjoyed all the research into possible inserts for the journal. If you need a book binding guide, I swear by the ones SeaLemon has up on YouTube. Try this one on case binding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_rU-yOPd4

That I cant help you with, I'm in the UK. Just make sure it's proper book cloth and not just general fabric, book cloth has a backing to it designed for gluing.

Don't forget to post build progress shots :D

Dude I LOVE those videos! That's what I used to bind my home-made journals, and my Tom Riddle Diaries..

I will definitely contact you when I need to buy fabric as I haven't used book fabric before. I've actually only bound books and used leather as a cover...

Hey guys,

I've been working on a Ravenwood journal for some time now and have near perfected the pages. Does anybody have any good info on this journal cover though? Any knowledge as too what the cover itself was made from?

Just dropped you a line, I should have everything you need. :)

Some of the best projects I ever worked on were with your dad.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back