Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

According to Amazon, my BS Shadow Trooper should be here today!

Its here!

IMG_20161029_141034-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, my shadow helmet will here Tuesday and I cannot wait. Based on how the helmet is, it'll make me decide if I want a normal Stormie to either Sand/ShockTrooper. I have my Anovos bucket that will stay classic. :cool

how did they do the eyes? mirror film cover over the green lens or vac-metallized like model car wheels?

The lenses are just flat green tinted lenses. The clarity is pretty good and they have some shine. In the right lighting they look darker than they are, but given how they're screwed into the inside of the bucket, it would be very easy to add some tinting or mirroring to darken them up.

Even after adjusting the internal head straps, its still canon accurate in so far as "I can't see a thing in this helmet."

I received my helmet from Argos here in the UK a few days ago. I love it! I've wanted a helmet since I was 11 year old watching Star Wars in 1977. This is the first time I've been able to afford something like this and, for the cost of it, I think it's fantastic!

I assembled the helmet thinking that it would be fine as it is. However, after looking at it for a few days, I'm getting the urge to improve things a little (I'm sure you all understand that urge!) so now want to get it apart again. It doesn't look easy and I'm keen not to break anything. Does anyone have any tips for getting it part once assembled?

Fyi - 20% off at Target with code 'KIDSGIFT'

Stacks with other discounts if you have them (I had a 15% off wedding registry coupon; 5% for using my target card & a 10% off you can get for downloading their kids wish list app.) came to $48.42 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my helmet today from Argos.....I know it's a toy priced at £70 but the build quality is terrible! I have marks and scuffs all over it.
The huge issue I have is that the top part i.e. the head is a different shade of white to the face and back???
Plus it was shipped in a bag with no protection so the outer box is crumbled and all the corners are crushed plus tears in the back of the box!
Terrible...avoid Argos in the UK!

I contacted Argos when mine was ready for delivery (in an attempt to change the delivery date) as we due to leave for a week's holiday on the same day. I was told the helmet was being delivered directly from the manufacturer/supplier so they couldn't change it. If that's true then the packaging, to be fair to Argos, is not of their doing. Mine was shipped in a bag as well but I was lucky as I had no damage.

I also have no marks or scuffs and all mine is the same colour. Sounds like you've got a bad one there trooper1975. It appears Argos have stock of them again now so perhaps you can return it for replacement?

Got my helmet today from Argos.....I know it's a toy priced at £70 but the build quality is terrible! I have marks and scuffs all over it.
The huge issue I have is that the top part i.e. the head is a different shade of white to the face and back???
Plus it was shipped in a bag with no protection so the outer box is crumbled and all the corners are crushed plus tears in the back of the box!
Terrible...avoid Argos in the UK!

Maybe some of those scuffs and scratches can be removed by using Novus polish

DSCN0773.JPGDSCN0759 (1).JPG

Here is a another comparison with the Master Replicas helmet, which if you recall is a little too symmetrical. I can't quite articulate what the Hasbro (IMHO) has over it...

I modified my Master Replicas by shaving the ears and raising the brow (the ears are only held with tape and fell off...put back wonky)

View attachment 678907View attachment 678908

Here is a another comparison with the Master Replicas helmet, which if you recall is a little too symmetrical. I can't quite articulate what the Hasbro (IMHO) has over it...

I modified my Master Replicas by shaving the ears and raising the brow (the ears are only held with tape and fell off...put back wonky)

Just insane that a Hasbro product beats the MR one - nuts! Even though both are symmetrical, the R1 version, for all of its flaws, just looks more...like a stormtrooper.
Also, anyone in Canada, it appears that the Shadow trooper is now up for order on Amazon.ca.

I managed to get one from Argos UK, like Trooper1975 my box arrived in a very bad shape - I don't however blame Argos for that, I blame Yodel who delivered it. They did not treat the package with any respect (I saw them just drop it on the floor from the back of the truck) - I have made a strongly worded complaint to them!

The helmet itself though... its a beauty! Mine is all the same shade of white and looks awesome from every angle - My only gripe is with the lenses - They are far too light a green and I can see the inside of the helmet through them! I will most certainly be sorting that out with some much darker green transparent vinyl.

BS Trooper Helmet.jpg

Plus looks pretty good on the Armour I am building
Trooper.jpg

Even though it is big my nose is still pressing up on the mic part of the front. Guess I'll need to remove it!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back