Error's costume contest probably late submission

Re: Red Sonja

This is awesome! I just did a huge order of rings off The Ring Lord, like... 10 minutes ago. I buy from them all of the time, LOVE them, but it was the first time I spotted their scale bikini kit. You're doing great! Scaling is tough work but well worth it.

wait wat i did not get their scale bikini kit! this exists? rofl ... it would probably be small scales anyway and a pattern i did not want but yes i do adore their products and intend to do a lot of scale projects in the future ..till i have big strong meat hands

wait wat i did not get their scale bikini kit! this exists? rofl ... it would probably be small scales anyway and a pattern i did not want but yes i do adore their products and intend to do a lot of scale projects in the future ..till i have big strong meat hands

Ya, looks like it's just a packaged pile of rings and scales with a choice of accent colours. They aren't the colour you probably want and are all small scales TheRingLord.com Chainmail Jump Rings jumprings Scalemail Jewelry Supplies and Wire - Scalemail Project Kits still looks neat though.

that is very pretty ..reminds me of a phoenix but yeah i am looking for a heavy armored look .. even the scales i ordered are not shiny reflective new looking ones but worn aged looking ones

996532_484128295012638_494046483_n.jpg lol my hands are just a little raw... just .. a lot maybe

Looking awesome! You really cranked that out fast. I can only imagine how bad your hands feel :D

What's next on the list?

thanks? wut?

Hah, I think he was talking about your speed and... cuteness?

Looks awesome! Chainmaille/scalemaille isn't exactly difficult, it's just hard on your hands. I'm 23, make chainmaille as a part time job/hobby AND work on computers all day, I've pretty much assumed my hands are going to snap off at the wrists in 20 years.

thanks everyone ! and Gibbtall i feel your pain .. i tattood for seven years ... and now i am obsessed with this ...very bad for these hands lol we cant trade pictures when doctors have to remove our fingers and replace them with our toes

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent work on the scales...looking forward to your progress. Was always fond of Boris Vallejo's Red Sonja paintings....larger scales too if memory serves.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Love the sketch! Your costume is looking fantastic! I bow to your amazing skills and can't wait to see the end results as I know it's going to be awesome!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back