Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Very nice combo of the last 2.5 mins of R1 with the first 6 mins of a ANH...

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to add some of the iphone screenshots i got while viewing...new to the forum. Quick instructions on adding photos from a mobile?

I like this. Also on second viewing, I think I really like Vader's movements at the end of Rogue 1. I think it was just his walk down the ramp in his first scene that bothered me. He looks great in the fight scene and for me it's a good bridge between old and new. He's swinging a lot and the saber looks light, but there's still some economy of movement. No dancing, just business.

I think it flows quite well. Yes Vader was pissed and slaughtering rebels, but at that point he knew the cat was out of the bag. And perhaps seeing the princess calmed his nerves slightly . And Threepio saying there is no escape now was perfect. Verifies that they were involved in some sort of skirmish.

Any thoughts on why Vader didn't just murder the princess' whole crew?
Very nice combo of the last 2.5 mins of R1 with the first 6 mins of a ANH...

https://vimeo.com/196357074

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to add some of the iphone screenshots i got while viewing...new to the forum. Quick instructions on adding photos from a mobile?

During the Rebel attack on Eadu. Jyn climbs up onto the platform, grabs a blaster from a trooper's hand and pushes him off the platform, Wilhelm.
That is not a Wilhelm. The person recording the scream possibly was trying to emulate it, though.

Haven't read the thread, and not gonna.

Vader's first foray was weak. Voice was bad and "Don't choke on your aspirations." ...!? Give me a ****ing break.

He was great at the end though...

Vader's first foray was weak. Voice was bad and "Don't choke on your aspirations." ...!? Give me a ****ing break.

I thought so at first too, but thinking back on th OT, Vader does have some cheesy lines. Also as I said earlier, his sass and how he carried himself was very reminiscent of clone wars Anakin.

And he didn't seem tall enough.

Don't be too proud of the ominously awesome Death Star model you've constructed... I find your inability to accept the party-city-Vader from this movie is disturbing... He'z got da red eyes right???

Ohhhh I can't wait till you nitpick the DS my brother!

In fact... THAT is what I want for Christmas! LOL!

Break down every scribed line on the OG model compared to the new cgi model!

I see some obvious differences from the get go... but... what say you sir archivest?

I thought so at first too, but thinking back on th OT, Vader
does have some cheesy lines. Also as I said earlier, his sass and how he carried himself was very reminiscent of clone wars Anakin.

Yeah you know he had been holding on to that one for just the right circumstance , but as he walked away afterwords he thought "that sounded so much cooler in my head ! "

And he didn't seem tall enough.

Rob, what did you think of the rest of the film? If you're short on time, give us your mini-review.

The Wook

Why wouldn't the door open when the rebel fleet troopers were trying to get away from Vader?
Is it official somewhere where it explains that? Is it the damage to the ship from battle or is it Vader Force holding the door from opening?

I got to watch it a second time and I think my first opinion still stands. I really really like this movie. I like this movie leaps and bounds more than Episode 7, and other than the score being very weak at times, it did everything right for me.

Now a lot of folks are bringing up Tarkin and Leia. The creature effects were less convincing than the CGI Tarkin to me.. this is coming from a practical effects make-up guy.
Leia was an abomination and I think it would have been better served to keep her facing away from the camera. Everyone in that theater knew who she was, she didn't need to turn around to give that line, and some folks made an audible gasp when she did.

Why wouldn't the door open when the rebel fleet troopers were trying to get away from Vader?
Is it official somewhere where it explains that? Is it the damage to the ship from battle or is it Vader Force holding the door from opening?
It's called dramatic effect..... do you really need everything on screen explained?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed Rogue One, got better on the second viewing even though I knew what was coming. Stands just below ESB for me in order of preference.

Just want to say too, I love reading everyones reviews on here, it's the most hilariously nitpicky set of opinions on teh intarwebz.

I've seen a couple of posts in this thread that Biggs had a cameo. That's not true, is it?

I mean, it doesn't work with the timeline, at least according to the deleted scenes at Toshi Station.

The Wook

As of now the Biggs Toschi Station scene isn't canon as it isn't in the actual film. There was an actor who appears in a still photograph for R1 who is a dead ringer with his helmet although I missed seeing him at Yavin. So I suppose the jury is still out. They also had a Porkins.

Is this the guy?.....looks like a beard too

15622091_1838454609709898_6872664731674103195_n.jpg

I'd say,.....if they wanted Biggs they would have used SW footage of 'Biggs',....Wedge etc

IMG_7978.png

J

Rob, what did you think of the rest of the film? If you're short on time, give us your mini-review.

The Wook

I like it overall...

Of course totally cool to see old school hardware on screen again. Infusing of new designs was not over the top or distracting. Weird not having the opening scroll and fanfare. Sort of just "fell in" to the story, and took a while to begin to feel like a Star Wars story. But I liked the overall story structure of how the Mads character basically grew a heart and engineered the Achilles's Heel. (along with the additional detail as to how it would work to destroy the station). Lends more credence to Luke's ability to blow it up.

Mentioned above, I like the last 5-10 minutes and how well it connected with ANH.

Watched it at Cinepolis here in Orange County. Poor experience...

Multiple white starbursts all over the screen for the duration of the film due to a defect in the digital playback. Theater refunded only 50% of the ticket price since we watched the full film. I spent 15 minutes out of the auditorium negotiating with the managers over this. Ordered a second round of drinks and desert; server totally forgot. The moment he came with the bill (and apologized for forgetting), he was blocking my view of the Death Star firing on Scarif.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back