New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

As long as the rod/bearing fit works better than the last run I’m completely in. I remember some had problems with the inner set for te bearing being domed and the rod ended up going in crooked.

Is your run going to include a clamp and clamp card, or will I need to be hitting up Roman, Slothfurnace, and Roy separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very excited over here. Thank you again everyone! The prototype is a great idea ,- did you say you were casting some parts yourself?

Wrong project. Everything on the v2 will be cnc machined.

My shared stunt saber (which is a different project altogether) will be cast, and yes, I'm going to do the castings myself
Sorry, thanks! Props came from the same mold and since this launched near the slow down of that one I think I got confused.

You know what blows my mind? I keep thinking how there's pics of Hamill on the sand storm set showing George the Graflex. They were literally on the floor shooting when they realized they needed a new lightsaber.

Depending on the schedule of set ups, and if they did close-ups first or not, the V2 was basically detailed and handed off as a belt hanger in a short amount of time. It may have been within the day-- it could have been within an hour or so. What was the state of it at the end of ESB production where it was a practice dueling saber and maybe a tool on Echo Base? Was just the clamp card added? Mystery chunk and cone knob? How much paint was already gone?

One of the best props ever could have been refinished to completion in minutes with whatever scrap was handy.

80aa6ef8a5504bf65e6f683df46f4e57.jpg

f32d99742494e1dba219ba0866fc0e26.jpg

Best I’ve got

I love that we have analyzed this prop for this many years and there is still so much we are learning about it! Can't believe I took a break and missed this thread until now! I am loving all the new info and of course will be getting one of the new run! Now should I sell my Gen 2 or not...

One of the best props ever could have been refinished to completion in minutes with whatever scrap was handy.

I think this is why I like this prop so much. Not because of some in-universe, side-story, spin-off, it's-canon-until-we-say-it's-not nonsense given to it later; it was something, as you say, made in potentially minutes for no other reason than some last-minute, half-assed attempt at maintaining continuity from ESB.

I love it because it it lacks any kind of intention or thought put into it. It wasn't designed in any way to appear as it does in RotJ. It looked like junk becase it was junk!

The intention was always there to make a new lightsaber for Luke. This we know from notes of a preproduction meeting in 1981 I think when they literally forgot he lost his old one in the ESB. It was decided he should have his own new style to symbolise he’s his own man now. And that it should be a different colour blade. What’s ambiguous as you say is how it came to be this design.

The intention was always there to make a new lightsaber for Luke. This we know from notes of a preproduction meeting in 1981 I think when they literally forgot he lost his old one in the ESB. It was decided he should have his own new style to symbolise he’s his own man now. And that it should be a different colour blade. What’s ambiguous as you say is how it came to be this design.

Actually if I recall correctly, the blade was supposed to be blue; but they changed it to green because it stood out better in the Tattooine scenes.

The Blade was always supposed to different per the conversation I mentioned. Look up the section Leapin Lazerswords in the Making Return of the Jedi book.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back