Bandai 1/72 Red Five X Wing finished

Hey, congrats on an awesome job! You've done just the right amount of weathering for this scale. If I didn't know it's the Bandai kit you could easily have passed it of as a much larger model!

Cheers,
Steve.

Hey, congrats on an awesome job! You've done just the right amount of weathering for this scale. If I didn't know it's the Bandai kit you could easily have passed it of as a much larger model!

Cheers,
Steve.

Thanks for the compliment.

I was worried my weathering might be too heavy handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell happened with photobucket?!

Had to reload all my images from a different host.

Uggh

Really appreciate the time , effort and skill that went into this beautiful build .
I have a ' seemingly ' awkward question though , and apologies if this has been answered before here , or elsewhere . Thing is , I've been absent from this hobby for over 30yrs ( just got back into it in 2016 ) , so I was wondering " when did the cockpit/canopy area " become that blue/grey colour on the xwing ? . It seems to be a new ( ? ) thing to me . I mean , I don't remember seeing it so strikingly different to the rest of the fuselage colour in the OT films when they first came out . Any help/knowledge regarding this would be much appreciated .

Cheers Ged

Really appreciate the time , effort and skill that went into this beautiful build .
I have a ' seemingly ' awkward question though , and apologies if this has been answered before here , or elsewhere . Thing is , I've been absent from this hobby for over 30yrs ( just got back into it in 2016 ) , so I was wondering " when did the cockpit/canopy area " become that blue/grey colour on the xwing ? . It seems to be a new ( ? ) thing to me . I mean , I don't remember seeing it so strikingly different to the rest of the fuselage colour in the OT films when they first came out . Any help/knowledge regarding this would be much appreciated .

Cheers Ged

The compositing FX in the film tended to wash out a lot of subtle colors making them look grey.

The original model does have that greyish blue tint though.
However If i had to redo this X-Wing I would probably go with a more grey than blue.

5d2381f44b6346ea6811e5f598ecbb70.jpg

Last edited:
DARTH SABER ,
Thanks for the explanation and example re; xwing canopy colour/s . Been following some of your other terrific Bandai builds . Thankyou for sharing .

Cheers Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back