MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I am going out on a limb here. I really loathe that sticker.
How does this stuff look?
e60fc6173df728a4d63bd63fa9388b15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Before I tell everyone one where I found this, you are correct about the lenticular material. Because even though that stuff looks 3D, it is actually 2D and as soon as you glue it down, it loses its 3D effect. Members that did glue it had to attach it under part of the decals that were not see through.

This stuff is an actual 3D surface (textured on one side only) and so long as only the small round parts are glued, this should not lose it depth of field. And maybe it won't be affected anyway because it is 3D. I will find out soon enough. I think I will test on the under side first and report back.

This is clear draw liner from IKEA. Cost about $8 for a roll and the roll has enough material to cover both sides of the Hover Board.

Dumb question. If the green stripes on the top surface are supposed to be the hook side of velcro, what about the stripes on the other side?
e83ad043883c5b0de248d912aeb0d157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hey guys!
This is just a quick test for the next and third custom of my Matty board.

cfceb4ad01d788bd272cad670b4269f3.jpg

I found some Sommers clear lenticular and add a transparent pink adhesive layer.
The result looks pretty good to me.
What do you guys think?

MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Looks great! :) But you should note: The pink lenticular material that was used for the Hoverboards, is not translucent. ;)

Thanks for the info! It's so hard to replicate [emoji28]!! We have to find different way but I have good hopes with this try.
I will post updates soon [emoji6]

Vormz as you can't glue this stuff, what are you using to attach it?

I am having the same issue with that textured mat I have. I can't glue that either. I am not looking at the same double sided tape used by scrapbookers to hold the parts together.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vormz as you can't glue this stuff, what are you using to attach it?

I am having the same issue with that textured mat I have. I can't glue that either. I am not looking at the same double sided tape used by scrapbookers to hold the parts together.

I have to do some tests but I might use the same clear double side tape I used before on my lenticular. The 3d effect is a bit decreased but not completely ruined.
If it doesn't work, I will just put some under the decals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to do some tests but I might use the same clear double side tape I used before on my lenticular. The 3d effect is a bit decreased but not completely ruined.
If it doesn't work, I will just put some under the decals.

Please post results for others to see.

Looking for suggestions on some sort of stand for displaying the hover board. Id like it to be clear like acrylic or plexiglass. Not sure if I was to get plexiglass and cut the pieces just right, if I could glue it together somehow. Any ideas or input would greatly be appreciated!

Looking for suggestions on some sort of stand for displaying the hover board. Id like it to be clear like acrylic or plexiglass. Not sure if I was to get plexiglass and cut the pieces just right, if I could glue it together somehow. Any ideas or input would greatly be appreciated!

You have a Matty Hover Board?

Mine came with a flimsy stand but the board is on an angle. Once you place MAGs on it, it tends to want to fall.

If you got some clear Perspex laser cut, you can ask the place to "flame" the edges. This is kind of like a cheaper way to polishing the edges and it comes up pretty good. They would also have the proper glue to glue the parts together. You can use Super Glue as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back