Prop Store's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction 2018

PropStoreViki

Facebook-Banner-for-Stephen-SoloJacket.jpg

Prop Store is pleased to announce our record-breaking Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction is back! We've partnered with ODEON Cinemas and BFI IMAX to bring you over 600 lots of amazing original iconic props, costumes and production material from over 150 films and television shows.

The Live Auction will take place on Thursday September 20th 2018 at the London BFI IMAX in Waterloo, with a two-week free entry Preview Exhibition running from the 6th - 20th September.

Bidding will be available online, by phone or in person and you can register here: http://bit.ly/2n2oBWZ

Don't miss all the sneak peeks over the next weeks of what's coming up by keeping an eye on our various social media platforms!

Facebook-Banner-for-Stephen-SoloJacket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really tempted to buy the catalog just to browse and look at for reference purposes but I'm not sure I can justify the 80$usd shopping to Canada

Yeah the shipping really is a killer on this. I've wanted a few of their catalogues but each time I check shipping it's like"nah I'll be right". :(

Ben

It's especially hard to justify when they have a Los Angeles CA location. I think all the auction and storage warehouse must be in London, since I have never seen anything from LA. Though, it'd be much more reasonable to purchase and ship items from California to the rest of the US and Canada than it is from Foggy London Town.

It's especially hard to justify when they have a Los Angeles CA location. I think all the auction and storage warehouse must be in London, since I have never seen anything from LA. Though, it'd be much more reasonable to purchase and ship items from California to the rest of the US and Canada than it is from Foggy London Town.
The annoying part is the catalog that they send from the LA office is twice the cost of the catalog to send

Email their shipping deptment guys for a better quote. Sometimes it can be cheaper then the quote off the site. You could always have a member from the U.K. or LA to pick one up and ship it too

Just like Monkey67 mentioned, the price for the shipping might differ from the actual estimate and it is best if you contact the shipping department from the office you are closer to. In your case that would be the Los Angeles one. The email for all shipping inquiries is shipping@propstore.com and if you'd like to talk to our LA team in particular you should message shippingla@propstore.com. They are going to look at all the available options and work out the best solution to your shipping problem! If all else fails, we do have an online catalogue that is free to download for all and is going live on the website from the 31st of August.

Just like Monkey67 mentioned, the price for the shipping might differ from the actual estimate and it is best if you contact the shipping department from the office you are closer to. In your case that would be the Los Angeles one. The email for all shipping inquiries is shipping@propstore.com and if you'd like to talk to our LA team in particular you should message shippingla@propstore.com. They are going to look at all the available options and work out the best solution to your shipping problem! If all else fails, we do have an online catalogue that is free to download for all and is going live on the website from the 31st of August.

Thanks for the reply Viki. I can't at the moment but I will definitely in the future buy the last few catalogues, so will keep that in mind when I do. ;)

Ben

hey, is there another thread where the items are discussed? there are a lot of interesting items and I was very curious to read what experienced people had to say about them. :)

hey, is there another thread where the items are discussed? there are a lot of interesting items and I was very curious to read what experienced people had to say about them. :)
I mean they are the props from the movie there is not much to say other than that.
Prop Store of London takes good photos to so you can get good reference shots of the stuff they put up

Some things are being seen in more detail than they ever have before. The recent images of Indiana Jones’ m1917 revolver have helped me flush out some details for a front sight I’m working on.

Some aspects about Indy’s hat have also been confirmed, such as the fact the sweatband was folded in order to make it sit more snuggly on Harrison’s head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean they are the props from the movie there is not much to say other than that.
Prop Store of London takes good photos to so you can get good reference shots of the stuff they put up

well I don't agree and I thought that people would discuss it more. I think the explainations are not always great, it's not very clear sometimes if it's a hero prop, if it was actually used or not. and some items are really something I thought would be discussed. for instance that darth vader helmet, is it the same king as the one that cast from original had access to and is it a really great opportunity to have another one? things like that.

well I don't agree and I thought that people would discuss it more. I think the explainations are not always great, it's not very clear sometimes if it's a hero prop, if it was actually used or not. and some items are really something I thought would be discussed. for instance that darth vader helmet, is it the same king as the one that cast from original had access to and is it a really great opportunity to have another one? things like that.
Oh that stuff will definitely be discussed but it will probably be in other threads devoted to those particular items or movies

Oh that stuff will definitely be discussed but it will probably be in other threads devoted to those particular items or movies

It would be rather chaotic to have multiple, simultaneous discussions about a variety of nuances of a bunch of props, all in a single thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a prop in the auction you want to discuss you just start a new thread about it. :)

This is the first time I follow the auction that much and I must say that I really hate the reserve system. The starting price is always half the lowest range of the estimate price and I guess the reserve is just that low estimate price. (it's clearly visible on the Qui Gon Jinn's lightsaber with one bidder and already twice the starting price) I really wonder what's the use of that.
anyways, for sure the lots are really nice! :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back