eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

This is nothing new with the guns. A lot of countries have pretty strict laws concerning realistic gun replicas. Unless you're already in the business of replica guns it doesn't really make a lot of sense to start manufacturing them. This sounds like another stall tactic from EFX.

With how frequent real shooting incidents happen in the US, I can understand a company being leary of approving licenses for realistic gun replicas. They may just feel there is too much legal risk or bad publicity if one of their licensed replicas is somehow involved in a shooting. There was the recent shooting in Sacramento when the guy just had a cell phone. A realistic replica could easily be confused for a real gun. It would be hard to confuse one of the toys with a real gun unless you only see it in silhouette.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

A recent release was the Nerf version of Poe's blaster. It is, unlike a lot of their Nerf Star Wars weapons or other of Hasbro's replica blasters in recent years, amazingly accurate to its source -- which is a barely-modified SIG Sauer pistol. No drastic underscaling or messed up proportions. So it's not about "OMG GUNZ!". Especially because, of all the OT blasters, the Scout blaster pistol was one of the few totally not based on a real-world firearm.

I find it far likelier to be something to do with LFL or the Archives... Or even Disney not wanting to give eFX any more fodder for the hole they've dug themselves into.

But the Nerf blaster is bright orange. I think the idea is not to release something that could be mistaken for a real firearm. I'd bet money it has a lot to do with it. Just not worth it to them.

But the Nerf blaster is bright orange. I think the idea is not to release something that could be mistaken for a real firearm. I'd bet money it has a lot to do with it. Just not worth it to them.

On top of that the FO E-11 kit from anovos comes in bright orange too.

This sounds like another stall tactic from EFX.

Thats exactly what it is, yet another poor EFX excuse to delay delay delay. After nearly FOUR years!

There are plenty of alternativesthey could offer, discount/part refund, different 'free' item, etc. etc. They just pretend there’s no solution.

Cheers

Jez

Regarding one of the excuses EFX has voiced recently - that Disney has objected to the inclusion of the Scout pistol with the "Legend" helmets. This again smacks of unprofessionalism from EFX, given the FOUR years of development - and is something any reasonable company should be able to resolve via a bit of planning, offering alternatives etc.

I have been in contact with Disney regarding this debacle and they are apparently 'working on a solution', so am pleased they are now putting EFX under some pressure to resolve this mess.

As far as the "Limited" is concerned, it’s an okay and reasonably accurate replica. However the visor gap, pivot 'bungs', flaring and soft nose demonstrate just why it’s an 'average' helmet at best.

Cheers

Jez

Why can’t they just paint the blaster in a water soluble orange paint? Then it’s up to us if we want to wash it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today, same top gap and wow, the stand is woeful. Sticking a $10 paper towel holder in the box would have been better. There is plenty of clearance when raising the visor
So I’m not sure why the gap couldnt have been smaller. When viewed from certain angles it is a beautiful looking helmet so will look good on a display shelf, especially as the only people wearing this will be kids........... it’s really small!

091ECEB6-0C4D-4481-AE66-ED1C495F5B19.jpeg900BECA2-1EF3-4BD6-8FE2-2FE6B6964E94.jpeg07ABE692-3948-4645-A20F-BF9A3926C66F.jpeg

Mine arrived today, same top gap and wow, the stand is woeful. Sticking a $10 paper towel holder in the box would have been better. There is plenty of clearance when raising the visor
So I’m not sure why the gap couldnt have been smaller. When viewed from certain angles it is a beautiful looking helmet so will look good on a display shelf, especially as the only people wearing this will be kids........... it’s really small!

View attachment 807153View attachment 807154View attachment 807155

Thanks for the photos. This shows pretty definitive that the excuse Gino made earlier about the gap has no hold on reality.
The faceplate is miles from scraping the paint.

Thanks for the photos. This shows pretty definitive that the excuse Gino made earlier about the gap has no hold on reality.

Like I said before...the size of the gap has nothing to do with the material.The visor could be sharp like a razorknife...if its installed right,it will never scratch the helmets top.
This gap is only the result of poor construction..nothing more.

Agreed - and as Kroenen77 said, it’s just poor construction.

It’s garbage and I’m cancelling my pre-order on this. After four years it’s just not good enough. I know I’ll lose my deposit but I just can’t justify nearly $1000 inc shipping and customs for something so woefully inaccurate.

ive still got my Legend pre-order. Like a fool I paid 100% upfront for that one -I suppose I’ll have to wait at least another year for that

Just disgusted with EFX. Four years, then this!

Cheers

Jez

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed - and as Kroenen77 said, it’s just poor construction.

It’s garbage and I’m cancelling my pre-order on this. After four years it’s just not good enough. I know I’ll lose my deposit but I just can’t justify nearly $1000 inc shipping and customs for something so woefully inaccurate.

ive still got my Legend pre-order. Like a fool I paid 100% upfront for that one -I suppose I’ll have to wait at least another year for that

Just disgusted with EFX. Four years, then this!

Cheers

Jez

That is messed up that you will lose your deposit after all the garbage eFX has pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is messed up that you will lose your deposit after all the garbage eFX has pulled.

No worries, I’d rather lose the deposit than throw good money after bad.

My annoyance is that they tried to claim that the delays were down to them trying to produce a quality product. That’s clearly BS and for anyone to try and suggest these are merely "minor" issues tells you a lot about the kind of people they are.

Sub-par collectible that could’ve been delivered in this state >3 years ago. Poor form.

Cheers

Jez

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back