Boba Fett Helmet Help

BruGaleen

OK, this is the Fett helmet I built a few years ago. It's just the helmet, no visor, no lining. I need to know the cheapest way to make this wearable. I don't have much money, so that's the route I have to take. This is just a personal project, I'm not going for 501st acceptance or anything. I hope the image tag shows up. I'm not very good at this, LOL. Thanks for reading. :)

For basic wearability, a simple ring of foam along the inside above the top of the visor will keep it from bobble heading when you wear it. Maybe a couple small bits of foam on the cheeks to cushion it.

Foam camping mat, the blue stuff about 8mm thick - say 5/16" - is handy because you can build it up in strips till you get the right support and feel.

if you want something a little more robust/adjustable than the foam, you can pick up a cheap hard hat from a home improvement store, and use the supports that go inside of it (they generally are still separate from the hard hat. just hot glue those bad boys in, and you have an adjustable helmet.

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj490/BruGaleen/IMAG0016_zpsa9ef06bc.jpg

OK, this is the Fett helmet I built a few years ago. It's just the helmet, no visor, no lining. I need to know the cheapest way to make this wearable. I don't have much money, so that's the route I have to take. This is just a personal project, I'm not going for 501st acceptance or anything. I hope the image tag shows up. I'm not very good at this, LOL. Thanks for reading. :)

I recently painted my Don Post Boba Fett helmet (my avatar picture), and I purchased off Amazon some motorcycle foam lining that I glued inside to keep the helmet snug.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back