eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Sorry, total piece of crap. Using anything other than the original production materials is not what the legend line should be about. I would rethink this and start forming. Seeing the glass strands on the inside of the parts makes it look like a 5 year old's art project.

Well, that's one opinion from some anonymous newbie. These have to hold up and be somewhat more durable than the originals and frankly, the originals were obviously cobbled together.

Best Scout bucket you will ever get with the best provenance.

Maybe I am a newbie, but laying claim to using the production molds that were vacuum formed and then making silicone molds to produce fiberglass is not a cast-from-original as it really claims, is it? Be it the best ever made does not remove the label that it is not what it claims to be.

Form them, assemble them, hide the seam and then paint them. That is how the originals were done. That is how the legend line says things will be. This is claim this helmet cannot live up to based on the literature.

This type of helmet that is very accurate to the minute detail when making it is the LoneWolf Scout helmet. It may be not from original molds, but it is indeed made the same way and same materials ILM guys made their helmets for ROTJ. Thus IMO LW is already better than eFX

If the only difference between the two is the weathering I think I will be purchasing the clean one, especially if a premium is being put on the weathered version. I can weather it myself and while helmets that have been weathered in the factory in the past (ie. X-Wing Helmets) are pretty good for a factory job they always leave me wanting something more.

The other criticism I have is the visible fiberglass on the inside of the visor. It doesn't look right and I hope something is done about it. Perhaps the visor could be made of injection moulded plastic or something.

I also wish these would be made with the same materials and methods as the originals but I know that is not going to happen due to QC issues. Because of this I don't think it should be called a Legend as it does not follow the criteria that EFX first established for the Legend line.

Otherwise this is looking to be very nice and has a great provenance having been cast from an original mould.

Any idea when these will be for pre-sale?

Last edited:
I wonder if these will sell as quickly as the Legend Vader? I'm looking forward to this helmet. I also hope that this line continues and that a Boushh helmet is offered before too long.

I
Otherwise this is looking to be very nice and has a great provenance having been cast from an original mould.

But is hasn't been cast from the original mold. It is a second gen casting once they poured silicon onto the forming masters. That is the point where they are trying to fudge the lines.

But is hasn't been cast from the original mold. It is a second gen casting once they poured silicon onto the forming masters. That is the point where they are trying to fudge the lines.

I understand that, my point was that it is still originating from an original source. Lucasfilm is not going to let them cast off the original buck so of course they have to make an intermediate master, that is the only way they can do it.

Then why make it? It seems ridiculous to pay for something that is not what they claim it is. How do you know Lucasfilm will not allow them to form on the molds? It seems that people have had dreams of making the ultimate costume helmets and it is clear as day it did not go the way they promoted the Legend Line. The Stormtrooper was a flat out failure because no one did their home work to ensure it could be made. Wasting time and getting peoples hopes up. Now not using formed materials as the originals did. The Vader helmet has issues since the protection for shipping was not up to par.

It seems all wrong and people are happy to be spoon fed. They need to get some new people in there.

Just my .02 worth

Here's a quick shot of an original helmet so you can see how they were weathered.
Whenever I looked at original helmets in the past, I never really paid much attention to their weathering. But once you start looking you sort of notice it.

original_scout.png

Thanks for the clarification, Gino.

If the only difference between the two helmets offered is nothing more than over-spray it will be interesting to see how they are priced. If there's a significant difference I see many simply purchasing the clean edition and weathering the helmet themselves.

If you really think Lucasfilm would let them form 1000 + helmets off an original mould then you live in a dream world.

Not gonna happen.

They wont form 1000 parts. LOL. Isn't the uber geek edition around 500? I think you are trying to be condescending and coming across as more of a jerk than anything else really.

No, what he says makes perfect sense, but alas, my Sockpuppet radar is going CRAZY right now. The molds are more valuable that 1,000 pieces of anything. These are one of a kind things NOT designed for production. Hey, if you don't want it, don't buy it. You won't get a better scout bucket though.

Your radar can go nuts really for all I care. I was simply stating the obvious, and sorry to say, there are much better products out there than this attempt. But to each their own.

No, what you were stating was your opinion. Because LFL would not allow someone to use their one of a kind molds to make a run of consumer products is your issue here, and it is a lame duck non-starter.

Sorry, total piece of crap. Using anything other than the original production materials is not what the legend line should be about. I would rethink this and start forming. Seeing the glass strands on the inside of the parts makes it look like a 5 year old's art project.

Hello, Matt. Goodbye, Matt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back