Celebrity jerks?

I agree a tremendous actor who imo has never got his due OR big break.

Last I heard he has retired his cousin iirc is a member of this Board

Wayne Alexander. Look at his various roles in B5 (especially Lorien), then watch "Spaced Invaders" WITHOUT looking up to find his role there. You won't believe who he is when you see his name in the end titles.

BTW, I forgot to mention someone else who only shows a little of his talent at a time: Wayne Alexander. Look at his various roles in B5 (especially Lorien), then watch "Spaced Invaders" WITHOUT looking up to find his role there. You won't believe who he is when you see his name in the end titles.

I haven't seen that since I was in 8th grade (1991)! I'm going to guess that guy the aliens controlled (I think?)

My buddy met mark hammill at the Tony awards the other night. I haven't heard the details yet but they looked pretty enthused in the pics

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh I can totally understand that. This was her first and only convention so her people may not have been aware of what the norm is. Either way you'll get people upset because it was a really quick photo op or they'll be upset because the line took forever. Was certainly worth it to me. Here is a photo of us.
View attachment 734263

What a great story!! She was due to do Sydney Supanova but she cancelled and I was bummed as I was heading over there to meet her. Your story and her niceness about it al is very encouraging and wonderful. Hope to meet her some day myself :)

I got to meet a few new celebs last weekend at Wizard World in Sacramento. Val Kilmer was there, as well as Kate Beckinsale and Jon Heder. Kate Beckinsale has been my celebrity crush forever so that was a surreal experience. I've met a lot of celebrities at these conventions and hers was the first time I felt like I was in the presence of a movie star. She was a force! Even prettier in person than I expected, and quite a lovely personality.

Val Kilmer's booth was curtained off. He looked to be in poor physical health, and seemed to be out of it. His agent had to tell him where to sign on the autographs. Still, was cool meeting the definitive version of Doc Holliday (At least to me).

Jon Heder was the most interactive of the bunch. He was having a great time talking to his fans and said his friends always give him **** about making Napoleon Dynamite 2. He was a really cool guy and did a bunch of quotes from the movie, including "GOSH!" haha. I snapped a pic with him and Kate. Also met Michael Rooker for the second time as well as Sean Gunn (whom was the most quiet of all of them).

Here are the pics I took. I'm sure my smile conveys my happiness at meeting my celebrity crush lol.

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0904.jpeg

@Rusty85
I met Michael Rooker and Sean Gunn also.

Gunn was great. He would say hi to fans just walking around where a lot of celebrities will bee-line to their booths or whatnot. And when I was at his table (In Star-Lord gear) he chatted me up about Guardians, personalized my autograph, and I got a selfie with him. And for some reason before I left he whipped out his own phone and took a selfie with me.

Rooker was laughing and chatting it up with the group before me, and then just signed my pic and quickly walked away.

Last edited:
I got to meet a few new celebs last weekend at Wizard World in Sacramento. Val Kilmer was there, as well as Kate Beckinsale and Jon Heder. Kate Beckinsale has been my celebrity crush forever so that was a surreal experience. I've met a lot of celebrities at these conventions and hers was the first time I felt like I was in the presence of a movie star. She was a force! Even prettier in person than I expected, and quite a lovely personality.

Wow I don't think she ever ages.

Val Kilmer's booth was curtained off. He looked to be in poor physical health, and seemed to be out of it. His agent had to tell him where to sign on the autographs. Still, was cool meeting the definitive version of Doc Holliday (At least to me).

Jon Heder was the most interactive of the bunch. He was having a great time talking to his fans and said his friends always give him **** about making Napoleon Dynamite 2. He was a really cool guy and did a bunch of quotes from the movie, including "GOSH!" haha. I snapped a pic with him and Kate. Also met Michael Rooker for the second time as well as Sean Gunn (whom was the most quiet of all of them).

Here are the pics I took. I'm sure my smile conveys my happiness at meeting my celebrity crush lol.

You absolutely lucky man!!! Kate's a crush of mine too for the longest time! Still hoping I get to see her someday. Also, indeed she doesn't seem to age at all!!

I'll be at Montreal Comiccon this weekend dressed as Lloyd Dobbler from Say Anything. I've got a photo op with Cusack.

My guess is that he won't be pleased with me holding the boombox. Oh well...

I'll be at Montreal Comiccon this weekend dressed as Lloyd Dobbler from Say Anything. I've got a photo op with Cusack.

My guess is that he won't be pleased with me holding the boombox. Oh well...

Haven't heard any stories about meeting Cusack at a con, but very interested to see how he comes off. He has a notorious reputation for being a ****** nozzle at Cubs games.

What? Can't say ******? Okay, feminine hygiene product nozzle.

Had a chance to meet Eliza Dushku at Awesome con a few weeks ago. She was SUPER nice. Posed for pictures, talked with everyone she could. Made me like her even more.

Had a chance to meet Eliza Dushku at Awesome con a few weeks ago. She was SUPER nice. Posed for pictures, talked with everyone she could. Made me like her even more.

Were you there Saturday or Sunday? I thought overall the Con was better run this year vs. the disaster that was last year's Capaldi/Coleman photo op. I got through the Stan Lee photo op really well.

I doubt I'll make the trip next year, with the con being on Easter weekend.

Were you there Saturday or Sunday? I thought overall the Con was better run this year vs. the disaster that was last year's Capaldi/Coleman photo op. I got through the Stan Lee photo op really well.

I doubt I'll make the trip next year, with the con being on Easter weekend.

I went all three days. I live in Arlington so it's only a few minutes cab ride for me. It seems to get a lot better each year, but they still suffer from the same main problem: that a DC con is a whole lot more popular than they think it's going to be. They are improving...year before last I think it was that they didn't mail badges so getting in involved standing in a line that went around the outside of the building. But even this year there was a huge line for non VIPs to get in on Saturday, and the food lines were insane. They just need to realize that lots of people are going to go to this con and plan accordingly.

I went all three days. I live in Arlington so it's only a few minutes cab ride for me. It seems to get a lot better each year, but they still suffer from the same main problem: that a DC con is a whole lot more popular than they think it's going to be. They are improving...year before last I think it was that they didn't mail badges so getting in involved standing in a line that went around the outside of the building. But even this year there was a huge line for non VIPs to get in on Saturday, and the food lines were insane. They just need to realize that lots of people are going to go to this con and plan accordingly.

Spot on. I went Friday and Saturday. I was pretty early, and even with the bag check (which was a joke- I just unzipped, the guard didn't even look) I got in really quick. The food lines were insane, and the food is still pretty sad. I ventured out for food. I wasted money on an Awesome Con mug, which I only got refilled once due to lines. Lesson learned. They should have had refill only lines. I was happy to get a Stan Lee autograph and photo op, but he seemed really tired.

Just curious, why did'nt you take the Metro.

Is it as bad as my friends tell me now? :lol

Normally I would. I like the metro, and there's a station walking distance from my apartment.

I didn't Friday because I was alone and wearing a star fleet uniform and felt self conscious. Sunday we didn't because I was with a friend and we dressed as Han and Leia and both felt self conscious.

Saturday I wasn't in costume, I was just feeling lazy.

Oh ok, I've heard all the horror storys about no AC in the cars and how it is breaking down now.

Back in the 80's and 90's in the D.C. Area I used to take metro and walk around all parts of the city near the hotels at the Cons i was working and it would amaze me how most people would react to certain costumes.

Tos Battlestar Galactica people would smile and come up, "I loved that show" and ask about why I was wearing it and where did I get it, LOTS of Pics.

Star Trek TOS was the same Pics and always shouts of "beam me up Scotty" or "Kirk to Enterprise"

Next Gen, people would'nt even notice, even at the Air and Space when the Trek exhibit was going on, always got a kick out of that! :lol

Normally I would. I like the metro, and there's a station walking distance from my apartment.

I didn't Friday because I was alone and wearing a star fleet uniform and felt self conscious. Sunday we didn't because I was with a friend and we dressed as Han and Leia and both felt self conscious.

Saturday I wasn't in costume, I was just feeling lazy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back