Battle starship

HI!

Started to restore.

Unfortunately, the LED I got this time was a bad one.
It(s dim and some of the lights are dead.
I've just ordered another one.

Anyway, let's do what I can do so far,

It's ready to wiring.

By the way, my mother ring me up this morning and told me some story.

That was so funny story and I thought I should tell you.

A guy bought a little pet python. The python was so gentle and silent. And it was always making itself a coil and sleeping in the corner of the master's bed every night.
The master loved the python very much and the python was getting bigger everyday.

One morning, the master woke up and found his python lying straight up beside him.
No winding, just straight up. Looks like a letter "II" on the bed.
He was so surprised because he had never seen his python sleeping that way. And he was so afraid of that because he thought the python got sick or maybe swallowed a stick or rod or something like that. Soon, he get out and went to see a veterinarian and told the doctor what he saw. As soon as the doctor heard about it, doctor said 'Stay away from that python right away!!'

And my mother said ' Guess, why'.
I couldn't answer that.

She said, the python was measuring its master's height whether it's long enough to swallow him.

I really laughed out loud at the phone.

She said it's a true story.

Thanks for looking.

Katsu

Glad to see you're still at it. I was afraid you might have condemned your poor starship to the trash compactor out of frustration!

Your Mother has a good sense of humor.

Nice to see you back on it Katsu-San I was also worried you had given up

- - - Updated - - -

HI!

Started to restore.

Unfortunately, the LED I got this time was a bad one.
It(s dim and some of the lights are dead.
I've just ordered another one.

Anyway, let's do what I can do so far,

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170614_093716_zpsfwetb34h.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/PANO_20170614_094043_zps6yftjk0f.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/PANO_20170614_094412_zpsc9devlof.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170614_094625_zps05rozdxg.jpg

It's ready to wiring.

By the way, my mother ring me up this morning and told me some story.

That was so funny story and I thought I should tell you.

A guy bought a little pet python. The python was so gentle and silent. And it was always making itself a coil and sleeping in the corner of the master's bed every night.
The master loved the python very much and the python was getting bigger everyday.

One morning, the master woke up and found his python lying straight up beside him.
No winding, just straight up. Looks like a letter "II" on the bed.
He was so surprised because he had never seen his python sleeping that way. And he was so afraid of that because he thought the python got sick or maybe swallowed a stick or rod or something like that. Soon, he get out and went to see a veterinarian and told the doctor what he saw. As soon as the doctor heard about it, doctor said 'Stay away from that python right away!!'

And my mother said ' Guess, why'.
I couldn't answer that.

She said, the python was measuring its master's height whether it's long enough to swallow him.

I really laughed out loud at the phone.

She said it's a true story.

Thanks for looking.

Katsu
very nice workshop

Glad to see you're still at it. I was afraid you might have condemned your poor starship to the trash compactor out of frustration!

Your Mother has a good sense of humor.

Thanks!

Nice to see you back on it Katsu-San I was also worried you had given up

- - - Updated - - -

very nice workshop

I gave it a try for panoramic photo.
I hope you can get that 360 degrees view

Thank you very much, Dem-bones-san and Bengrim09-san.
I was not gonna give it up anyway but took a little longer to get motivated.
At first, I reorganized my work shack and clean it up.
That was a good idea to make a fresh start.

The stripping off was going on alright.
It was going with no trouble. It's better than I thought.
Still I have to repair some damaged parts caused by the stripping, but it wont take long to be repaired.
I will get a new LEDs today and if it's OK, I will start re-wiring and mending.
I will make it slow and steady anyway.

There are many housekeeping things are waiting for the treatment.
I have to prevent our garden turns into jungle.

katsu

At first, I express my heartfelt condolences to the sailors on USS Fitzgerald who died in the accident happened at the sea near by Japanese coast this time. We knew this ship is on a very vital duty to defend the peace of Japanese homeland in this critical situation surround us.
And also, this ship was one of the ships came to help us at the earthquake disaster on March 11 2011 for Operation Tomodachi.
I think there may be many people here in this RPF who joined the US armed forces.
I would like you to know that, we really appreciate those officers and soldiers who carrying out their duty of their profession to keep the peace of far east the place far away from their home.

Now, I'm struggling but progressing.

That annoying wire work will be finished soon.
Even this is the third time to do this, I want to express it graciously. I am trying to think this is not a step-back. I'm trying to think still I'm progressing.

K.Fujihira

Last edited:
Just remember how much you will get paid when done.......oh what, you aren't getting paid.
We all know by the end, you will figure it all out and it'll be beautiful.

Thank you for the kind words about the Fitzgerald.

I'm certain the model will look fantastic when finished, and the results will be well worth the effort you put into it.

Fantastic! Thank you for persevering and delighting us all with more progress. Loving the engine pod side details.

I realize my encouragement is somewhat self defeating since it means this is less and less likely to be put in a trash box with my shipping address on it... :p

Fantastic! Thank you for persevering and delighting us all with more progress. Loving the engine pod side details.

I realize my encouragement is somewhat self defeating since it means this is less and less likely to be put in a trash box with my shipping address on it... :p

Thank you very much. sir, I owe all of you so much.
And don't give up yet.
If anything goes wrong again, I will definitely send a box right up to you with a couple of Bento box.

katsu

Katsu-San , Beautiful work sir . That photo #4 in post #390 , reminds me of the SDF 1 ( Macross ) . I love that anime series . Would like to know , where do you get inspiration from for your brilliant builds ? . P.s . Those ' rings ' look spot on .:thumbsup
Cheers Ged
:)

Katsu-San , Beautiful work sir . That photo #4 in post #390 , reminds me of the SDF 1 ( Macross ) . I love that anime series . Would like to know , where do you get inspiration from for your brilliant builds ? . P.s . Those ' rings ' look spot on .:thumbsup
Cheers Ged
:)

Thank you very much for you rkind comment, Ged-san.

Oh, Macross, that the one anime with a long long history.
I was 26 when I saw at the first time.:)
I remember I played the video game on MSX console back in 1983.

One day I came back from my work, my mother was sticking up on it.
Finally she cleared the last stage.
She was younger than as I am now.

Curiously but I often get the inspiration from just an cloud, mountain or just a shadow of light or something.

The space ship I built for several years ago was inspired by the huge rock with a wind hole in the land of Australia.

20170116224527968.jpg

The ship I am building now is inspired by the fish in the deep bottom of the sea.

Last edited:
Katsu-San Your build is looking fantastic, the lights really set it off, the rings you have fitted look a bit wide and take your eye away from the inner details, maybe something thinner perhaps and set at a 45 degree angle from front to back, or a fine mesh curved the same way as your rings and still see through at the ships details

I love hearing about the sources of your inspiration. Opens up the world in new ways for me.

...and I really hope there is not another wrong turn. I want to see this in all its final glory and detail. :cool

Katsu-San Your build is looking fantastic, the lights really set it off, the rings you have fitted look a bit wide and take your eye away from the inner details, maybe something thinner perhaps and set at a 45 degree angle from front to back, or a fine mesh curved the same way as your rings and still see through at the ships details

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.
As you said, that's a little too wide and plane.
I'll try several pattern for this.

Wow! I love the piping detail along the side. Looks functional rather than randomly planted on

Thank you very much, blakeha-san.

It's looking great! It's interesting to hear the inspirations behind some of the designs.

Thanks for the comment, Bones-san

I love hearing about the sources of your inspiration. Opens up the world in new ways for me.

...and I really hope there is not another wrong turn. I want to see this in all its final glory and detail. :cool

Thank you Hagoth-san,

Looks beautiful. And I like the rings quite a bit.

Thank you Tom-san.
I think those grids or something like frames in front of the detail thing sometimes add a depth to the view to the detail itself.

Although, still there are some stuff that I have to squeeze my brain for designing, both front and rear end of this engineering section will soon be over.
Then I move on to the design of nose end. I'm thinking that I might to put a large control room.

After that I will then do the sealing of the light leaking and do total detailing for all over. It may take a long time but please stay with me on this.

Now, my wife asked me to help her shop at Costco near by.
It is sad to be eroded by abominable Western mass consumption culture. However I like that large hot dogs and cluster of pizza. That's a pity.:p

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back