Bandai release schedule

Who cares... in reality the falcon mandidbles should be parallel to carry cargo. Lol
I suspect the YT-1300 mandibles actually would move to open and then move together to 'clamp' onto the compatible cargo containers. This I base on the 1) large 'engines' at the outer juncture with the saucer sections and 2) how else could something slide in and out in the gap unless it would allow for some adjustment?

If the Ghost can have a docking 'socket' for the Phantom shuttle, then certainly the YT-1300 light freighter could accomodate a container in its 'jaw socket'. ;^D

Regards, Robert

And perhaps the centre gunwells was originally an elevator shaft used to get equipment to the top or bottom of the falcon...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Just another option depending on the whether one's travels might present a need for self defense. Think of a Spanish galleon, carrying valuable cargo and armed to the teeth.

Regarding cargo loading, internal cargo could come through the what is apparently pressure doors inside the jaws, either while 'docked' on a compatible loading dock (as in space) or using a lift and handling crane which seem to be visible in the jaws:
cargo handling features in jaw.jpg

So, I have no problem with the Falcon being a modified "light freighter".

Regards, Robert

My theory of why the Falcon's mandibles toe in is purely based on aesthetics. If they were parallel the round shape of the hall would give the optical illusion that the mandibles were slightly angled outward from a birds eye view based on perspective. I think that ILM purposely pointed them slightly inward to counter that. Case in point the FM always appears to almost look like they angle outward to me, especially with the jaw box not tapering also.

Gulp! Are we off topic or what! A good riddle, love do you (we)? Hmmm! This is what we do while awaiting new Bandai news...
"All too easy."
"Its a trap!"
;^D

Regards, Robert

Maybe the solution to the problem is much easier: Just imagine, one of ILM's model builders just did not glue one of the mandibles in the right place by accident and thought, well, there is no time to correct this, so in order to keep the symmetry, let's attach the other one slightly toed in, too..! ;)

Guys...guys....FineMolds ***ked up the 1/72 & 1/144,....it has never been an issue before or since....& here we are binging up the old 'perhaps FM were right & show me evidence that there should be a toe-in'

Can we move on from this old FineMolds issue,...this is the Bandai thread

J

In some schematics, the large flat panel between the rear landing feet comes down as a cargo lift and there's a large hold in the rear half. Other sources definitely describe her mandibles as being something to lock with and push larger containers. Also, who's not to say that the large area that Han used as a lounge wasn't also cargo space at some point? It was very close to the loading ramp.

you could vac form a clear canopy!?

I hope I can get these locally!

At this scale it's really not worth the effort for me, especially since there is not cockpit or detail. I have the DeAgostini diecast model of the Jedi Starfighter, but it's the Hyperspace Ring that makes this a must have for me!

Now that just need to give us the ETA-2 versions :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool,....some nice pics of the Jango Slave 1.....I have the 1/72 FM kit.....but I don't really have many reference images for the paintwork....

J
i have the FM falcon, which I'm happy with keeping (I don't have room for another super expensive falcon kit), but I really hope that bandai tackles the 1/72 Slave 1

Guys...guys....FineMolds ***ked up the 1/72 & 1/144,....it has never been an issue before or since....& here we are binging up the old 'perhaps FM were right & show me evidence that there should be a toe-in'

Can we move on from this old FineMolds issue,...this is the Bandai thread

J

I never interpreted anyone's comments as saying maybe FM was right. Where did you get that from?

I never interpreted anyone's comments as saying maybe FM was right. Where did you get that from?

Well,...granted nobody has actually defended FM....things have moved on a lot since way back then,.....but,...here we are again digging up evidence of whether the toe-in was intentional or not & by how much

J

Well,...granted nobody has actually defended FM....things have moved on a lot since way back then,.....but,...here we are again digging up evidence of whether the toe-in was intentional or not & by how much

J
Fake news...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back