Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

HI wondersquid,
Love your blaster by the way. How accurate do you think you got the lower rail ?, as I'm in and out of a couple of ideas at this time.

I made the support from three pieces. Two flat plates either side, then a piece of pipe with an ID which fits the stainless tube OD perfectly. I cut and ground the pipe to fit around the mechanism then welded the three parts together whilst clamped to the gun with the barrel in place. then I ground down the welds to make a more rounded connection.
There's a load of finishing to do on the edges and more holes to drill and tap, but I found the fit was super tight as the weld drew the parts together just the right amount.

The next thing I'm planning to do is make the front support which will be welded to the barrel ring, which is loose at the moment, but will be secured by three grub screws so I can hopefully get perfect alignment once assembled. Then adding the little bent spigots to the rear of the top support and filing off the sharks tooth shape, which im 99% convinced is what they have done on the prop in the image.
That's the plan anyhow :) im sure something will go off track as soon as more images are available.

What are the dimensions of the new barrel? Length and diameter would be helpful.

I just found this thread and I love that gun. I'm pretty new to the forum, but I think this will be my next project. Looks great.

OK, as promised here are a couple of images of mine so far.
View attachment 681910View attachment 681911View attachment 681912View attachment 681913View attachment 681914Still a lot of work to go, but I now have a working action. just the lower barrel support to go and a lot of cleaning up.

According to Star Wars Rogue One Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia (or Ultimate Sticker Encyclopedia: Star Wars: Rogue One), the blaster's called the "A180 pistol" (http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-...-fun-of-stickers-with-deep-insight-first-look):

rogue-one-sticker-spread.jpg

It'll also be showing up in Star Wars Battlefront's Rogue One: Scarif expansion (http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/1-year-anniversary):

rendition1.jpg

Here's the trailer for the Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition, which has a brief bit of footage showing the A180:

Last edited by a moderator:

I will do a complete break down of the parts and dimensions once it is together and working, just in case I come across issues which may stear someone else in a wrong direction. I would hate for anyone to destroy their gun by following my mistakes. I've not made any just yet, but you never know.
I made a lower support rail for this one, it fits nice now, I just need to add some more thickness and detail to it with some small metal panels as it seems a little thin when its on there, and a decent clean up and polish before some paintint. Ive also cut a groove into the ring which will be welded onto the lower rail for strength, hopefully it will hold up under firing. Ive tested the action with co2 and it works great even without any fixation to the body as it fits so tight.
rogue gun small.jpg

Damn it... I was determined not to find myself infatuated with another prop this year, I really need to save some of those precious few pennies I have, but damn I'm a sucker for a Luger. Might have to fork out a little to make myself one of these. I'll consider the project, "Pending on Quality of Rogue One".

For the underbarrel rail, would JB Weld be sufficient to attach it to to lower barrel? There's not much surface area made more difficult by the fact it can't be attached to the frame to allow proper action. Wondering how I'm going to secure it without the ability to weld it.

HI there
ive just attached my lower rail with a screw through the front of the trigger guard into the back of the support. Don't go near it with a welder it wont work.
side 3.jpgthis is a shot without the barrel shroud in place
side 1.jpgthis is the barrel shroud without the top support showing the extra material I have removed from the side of the receiver to make the swoosh shape seen in the best image so far with jyn sitting showing the gun. I screwed up the circles around the shroud a bit as my pipe cutter was wandering a little on the stainless pipe. no machinery except a pillar drill makes it a bit hit and miss sometimes .

side 4.jpghere it is assembled again, I couldn't resist a bit of black paint, even though I need to do more welding to some of the metal add ons.
This assembly is to test the movement before I drill the final holes and add detailing. I haven't removed the front barrel assembly inside the shroud as I was thinking of making it a working airsoft at some point. when it is assembled I found that to center up the inner luger barrel the shroud needed to be slightly nose down, ie slightly out of line with the slide. I think this may be the case on the real gun as it looks a bit "bent" in some shots ive seen. we shall see soon :)
small slide.jpgseems to be ok, and it is solid now the lower rail is in place. so solid I think I should test fire it with some CO2.
ok im done for the day. it didn't explode or jam in any way, securing the whole thing with some small screws next should make this one tough blaster

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks amazing. I was hoping to make no changes to the Luger underneath so I could strip the parts off and have the base Luger underneath. Did you etch the rings on the chrome barrel? Don't remember seeing them before.

No, nothing so extravagant. I used a pipecutter and tried to carefully cut into the surface. it went a bit wrong though, so I will be making another barrel shroud at some point. also got a few holes to drill which will be tricky with the hard stainless tube.
I just hung it up on my wall display. its looking better now.
20161124_174958.jpg

ok so im a tiny bit late to this, but im gonna input anyway. The base gun used in the movie prop definitely looks to be an airsoft replica of the gun, ether the KWC, which I own, or the WE, which are both practically the same gun. My guess is the WE, as it is Green Gas powered, so doesn't feature the tightening nut on the bottom of the magazine, but we've yet to see good shots of that angle.
The grips on these are very rounded, and the knurling on the toggle grips is very light. Real P08s have real machined knurling rather than cast.
Not to mention that real P08s cost a lot more and are kind of rare so to keep production value down it makes sense to use the relatively cheap airsoft version.

ok so im a tiny bit late to this, but im gonna input anyway. The base gun used in the movie prop definitely looks to be an airsoft replica of the gun, ether the KWC, which I own, or the WE, which are both practically the same gun. My guess is the WE, as it is Green Gas powered, so doesn't feature the tightening nut on the bottom of the magazine, but we've yet to see good shots of that angle.
The grips on these are very rounded, and the knurling on the toggle grips is very light. Real P08s have real machined knurling rather than cast.
Not to mention that real P08s cost a lot more and are kind of rare so to keep production value down it makes sense to use the relatively cheap airsoft version.

It is built on a Navy / 6" airsoft P08, so unless KWC makes that version, it has to be WE's.

I am duplicating a post I made on the Jyn Erso thread as I thought some might miss it there.

Here is a new photo which is interesting because it provides some information about how Jyn's holster is attached to the gun belt. There is also good detail on her sidearm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1251828518189583&set=pcb.1143081655759849&type=3&theater

That link's not working for me. Were you trying to post this picture (source)?:

Felicity-Jones-Gareth-Edwards-Rogue-One.jpg

Anyone play the Rogue One DLC for Battlefront? Played today with the single intention of unlocking the pistol. There's some extra greebs on the left side that we haven't seen yet and it's modular, allowing for a rifle, sniper and heavy weapon variant.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back