Altered Carbon Props

I've been making these light-up LUMI-SHOK rounds for display next to sci-fi blasters and such. I was pleasantly surprised to see something very similar in episode 10!

7yAroS4.jpg

Just thought I'd share. Pretty cool :cool

Great series BTW! I'd love to see more of this world.

Not really an update on the rifle. have too go back and plug some holes. and Install the new hardware. looks better than the allen bolts. or It should when I get to the point of cleaning up this whole thing.
IMG_20180615_075140.jpg

Wanted to share the files I'm working with just Incase someone may have a use for them. Ben was kind enough to make me a blue print when I ask for one. he actually made it Blue.lol I did not have a way to print it out to full size. so I asked my bestest bud John AKA Cylon Knight If he would lend a hand. the blue had to go. would have taken allot Of Ink. And some of the detail got lost In translation. but Its what Im using and overjoyed you guys helped me In the fist place. Thank you Ben Thank you John.

Not sure If the PDF will post right but here goes..
View attachment PewPew.pdf

Hmmmm couldn't load the blue print for some reason. very high resolution . not sure why it wouldn't load. will look into It...

And just a side note. I totally apologize for the crappy pictures. my camera phone sucks but its all I have at the moment...
View attachment Rifle BP.jpg

Last edited:
I know!!! A 3d printed stack would be absolutely amazing! I think that it would be cool to make a 3d printable model in fusion 360 but I am not sure how I would get that organic honeycomb-ish pattern on the front. Suggestions anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing that kind of pattern in fusion sounds like a nightmare. I made mine with Zbrush.

This is a remix of the one I made if you're interested https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2792232

I knew these little cut outs were going to be a pain. but I didn't think they would want blood. LOL about cut my thumb off on these and Its always the last one that gets you.

Needle and thread .here I come.

IMG_20180623_091142.jpg

Put four stitches In my thumb and moved forward. just my opinion but I don't think we see a true hero of this weapon in the show. except when the death threats are being viewed possibly. looked closer at one pick and to me It looks to be a rubber or foam stunt being bent In a fight scene...

IMG_20180624_130126.jpgIMG_20180624_130223.jpg

For those who are interested in the Altered Carbon glassware, I noticed these.

Norlan Whisky Glass

View attachment 799734

I had been considering getting a pair of Norlan Glasses for a couple of months before Altered Carbon aired. I’m a big whisky fan and collector of glassware, and drinkware - especially stuff seen in movies and TV I love. As soon as I saw that scene, I said, “That’s a Norlan,” and immediately ordered a set. Haha

Hi Ben,

Did you ever get this printed? Also, cheeky I know, would you mind sharing your CAD files? Just an .STL would be amazing.

I printed one of your stack models a while back on my resin printer, the detail is incredible!

Hi, I did but it wasn't perfect so I never shared it. If I get chance I'll see if I can get it to a state that is sharable.

That would be awesome. Happy to progress the model in CAD if you haven’t the time.

Been working on a sort of derivative of one of the other props in the show, a little obscure but I love the lights in the raven hotel lift. Just waiting for some acrylic to arrive for the centeral parts but the rest is printed, will have a Philips Hue Lightstrip in the center. I’ll post it up once I know it all fits together.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back