Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Again how is anything Rose did ANY indication of her being a racist stereotype?

Did she use chopsticks and speak in broken English? Those are racial stereotypes.

As for her casting, so the hell what? Anyone could have played that role. It's not like Rose was a previously established character who was recast between films. I think you're anger is being misdirected at Tran, and should be focused on Rian Johnson writing a forgettable character.

Celebrity or not, Tran does not deserve to be attacked online by racist comments. Criticize the story or the character, not the person.

No one is twisting what you say, we are simply disagreeing with you, that's not the same as being a troll.

Last edited:
Again how is anything Rose did ANY indication of her being a racist stereotype?

Did she use chopsticks and speak in broken English? Those are racial stereotypes.

As for her casting, so the hell what? Anyone could have played that role. I think you're anger is being misdirected at Tran, and should be focused on Rian Johnson writing a forgettable character.

Celebrity or not, Tran does not deserve to be attacked online by racist comments. Criticize the story or the character, not the person.

No one is twisting what you say, we are simply disagreeing with you, that's not the same as being a troll.

Hmmm, there are several pages where I go into great detail explaining this, and your post clearly shows that you haven't read *any* of it.

So, you conclude *I* am not being *civil* without actually having read what I posted.

Not very *civil* of you. ;)

Now go ahead, claim you read e v e r y t h i n g I wrote, I'm pretty sure you will claim it still isn't sufficient or you still aren't convinced.

But then again, you had already made up your mind without having read any of it.

You see, it isn't the true fans who are the problem, and thank you for the verification.

That's my point. His anger is misdirected at Tran as being responsible for portraying an Asian stereotype but that even if she did (and she didn't) that would be Rian Johnson's fault and not hers.

Plus the overall point is that it does NOT excuse people saying racist things to her on social media because they have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind.

I hated The Last Jedi, and barely remember Rose Tico as a character, but to claim she is a stereotypical Asian is absurd.

Who did?.... If you want to be a celebrity it's your ass. SORRY Put yourself out there and people are going to crap on you! Happens all the time, and not just to an Asian female!

If you want to be a celebrity it's your ass. SORRY Put yourself out there and people are going to crap on you! Happens all the time, and not just to an Asian female!

That's exactly right. Ohhhh, but when it's a conservative female who's getting the most vicious, vile, vitriolic crap thrown at her, the Progs suddenly fall silent, delightfully reticent, as they watch their enemy fend for herself.

Their selective outrage is disgusting.

You guys should listen to DARKSIDE72, he knows the score.

The Wook

Last edited:
Again if JPH wants to blame someone for Rose not being a good character and was perhaps over-hyped by Johnson and the cast, crew then fine, dump on them for over-hyping her when she was poorly written.

People can say and think whatever they want, sure. Will Tran read any of this? No. But I DO have a problem with people being racist ******** and I think they should be called out on it. I wouldn't go so far as to say that people who are silent are complicit but I personally feel very strongly about people being overtly racist and ignorant. Do they have the right to say awful things? Sure, but just because the law protects them (as it should because either all speech is free or none of it is) doesn't mean that there won't be consequences for their words. Meaning they will be called out and challenged on their backwards views.

I don't see how being a celebrity is any different from being a human being, no matter what their political views are. I was taught to try and treat people with respect. It doesn't mean I have to like them and it doesn't mean I have to agree with their views, but you respect life and you respect people.

Racist remarks SHOULD be called out for what they are.

It's easier to be a critic than it is to be an artist.

How is calling out racism a bad thing if someone is overtly using derogatory language to disparage someone for having different skin color, or culture?

It's so OBVIOUSLY wrong because we all have a conscience inside of us regardless of whether people want to listen to it or not. Also if we don't say something then we could very well be teaching young people that this kind of behavior is acceptable, which it's not. I'm talking about overt racism here. I can't believe I have to explain this. This should be apparent if you have even half a brain.

Has it perhaps gone too far and have people who aren't actually racist being labeled as such, yes, but that is another topic all together and one that doesn't really belong on a prop forum.

How is calling out racism a bad thing if someone is overtly using derogatory language to disparage someone for having different skin color, or culture?

It's not a bad thing, it should be called out. But to stay aggrieved, and let it drive you off of SM, that is giving them exactly what they want--they feed off of it. Kirk and Kang called out the hate entity for what it was, but then laughed in its face and told it to scram. That's what Rose should've done. Instead, she empowered the jerks, by crying and quitting SM.

It was foolish of her. Unless, of course, it's what she wanted. To play the victim, attracting sympathy and perhaps work out of it.

The Wook

You mean Kelly.

I doubt that's why she quit SM. She probably got sick of trying to defend herself. I know I get pretty sick and tired of having to repeat myself at my work day in and day out. I can imagine that she just doesn't want to have to waste her time with people that want to be ********. Plus how she chooses to deal with it is her choice to make.

Now go ahead, claim you read e v e r y t h i n g I wrote, I'm pretty sure you will claim it still isn't sufficient or you still aren't convinced.

But then again, you had already made up your mind without having read any of it.

You see, it isn't the true fans who are the problem, and thank you for the verification.

The way a " prediction" works is, I tell you what's gonna happen before you actually do it.

The people who have no issue with Rose, and worse yet, the scumbags who support and defend the miserable character are the problem. You see nothing wrong with the character. That"s on you! There are legit reasons people are upset.

Psab, you clearly, once again, did NOT read anything I posted. But you will throw around baseless slurs to get attention.

I do not have to cater to people who throw out insults. I owe you nothing! Besides, you already made up your mind, and the answers you *claim* to seek are (still) just a few lazy mouse clicks away.

Try your third grade manipulation tactics on another playground.

And remember, I predicted you would do this. ;)

Who did?.... If you want to be a celebrity it's your ass. SORRY Put yourself out there and people are going to crap on you! Happens all the time, and not just to an Asian female!

EZZZZACTLY!!!

She sold herself on gender and race...and then she stunk.

I didn't care for her character and hated the movie. Vehemently hated the movie. So we are actually in agreement there, though you appear to be quick to insult others just for the sake of being contrarian, which by definition is a troll. You seem to be missing my point entirely which is not much of a surprise so I won't bother trying to reason with you.

I actually DID read every single post you made regarding this issue and my responses have not been baseless but an attempt at reasonable discussion which is something you clearly seem to be incapable of. I don't need the validation of a stranger on a forum to give my life meaning the way you seem to so before you go accusing others of "third grade manipulation tactics" perhaps you should examine yourself first and ask yourself what exactly you are getting out of it.

I never once insulted you, only questioned your premise. I don't owe you a damn thing either, but I suspect that you feel the world owes you something and that my friend is a problem that I most certainly cannot help you with. Just remember, you may be loud, but it doesn't mean you're right.

Moderators I think it may be time you stepped in to lock this thread. It's clear it's been infected.

I wasn't referring to you Wook. Besides weren't YOU the one who said that Tran should stand up to her bullies, but when I do it I should ignore them?

Plus I don't take too lightly when people openly insult me. So there's that.

I wasn't referring to you Wook. Besides weren't YOU the one who said that Tran should stand up to her bullies, but when I do it I should ignore them?

Plus I don't take too lightly when people openly insult me. So there's that.

I knew you weren't referring to me. But I object to your request that Mods lock a thread just because you've labeled it "infected". That's selfish.

And no, you and she are reacting similarly. You both cried foul, and then she shut down her SM, and you requested that this thread be shut down.

I don't know if you're a Prog, but she is, and I do know this: Progs can't stand free speech, they want an echo chamber to constantly reinforce their own fragile beliefs, and when challenged, they reflexively cry out for CENSORSHIP.

The Wook

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back