Solo: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

What did you think of Solo: A Star Wars Story?

• Total voters
QFT.

Besides, how much can a person like this girl really make doing youtube videos critiquing Star Wars and other movies?

Well... let us break it all down. ;)

Her stats:
-Joined Apr 2, 2009
-22,600,611 total views

Keep this in mind: YouTube stated that you make around $2,000 per 1 million views.

Some of her posts like the one posted on the last page have around 160,000 views and some as much as 500,000 views. So she gets paid around $300-$400 on a lower viewed post and maybe up to $1000 for the higher viewed video. Not too shabby for a few minutes work.

And in total earnings.... remember, YouTube stated that you make around $2,000 per 1 million views, (she has almost 23,000,000 views) so she looks to have made almost $45,000 for her video posts over the past 9 years.

That pretty much breaks down into $5,000 a year. Not a huge intake, but a nice side job outside of the day job.

Well... let us break it all down. ;)

Her stats:
-Joined Apr 2, 2009
-22,600,611 total views

Keep this in mind: YouTube stated that you make around $2,000 per 1 million views.

Some of her posts like the one posted on the last page have around 160,000 views and some as much as 500,000 views. So she gets paid around $300-$400 on a lower viewed post and maybe up to $1000 for the higher viewed video. Not too shabby for a few minutes work.

And in total earnings.... remember, YouTube stated that you make around $2,000 per 1 million views, (she has almost 23,000,000 views) so she looks to have made almost $45,000 for her video posts over the past 9 years.

That pretty much breaks down into $5,000 a year. Not a huge intake, but a nice side job outside of the day job.

chevyford.gif

Any thoughts about Alden vs the actors used in the Young Indy series? Would any of them have done it better? (Disregard the years passed)

I liked Anthony Ingruber in Age of Adeline (great movie anyway), but that Harrison Ford youtube video is really off to me. He sounds drunk or stoned (perhaps this is also how HF sounds when he is in that state so he might be spot on, haha)

Cheers,

Ole

I liked Anthony Ingruber in Age of Adeline (great movie anyway), but that Harrison Ford youtube video is really off to me. He sounds drunk or stoned (perhaps this is also how HF sounds when he is in that state so he might be spot on, haha)

Anthony Ingruber made that youtube video over a decade ago, just weeks after his 18th birthday.

He would've nailed it in Solo.

The Wook

Well, your MCIQ (MovieCastingIQ) seems to be a wee bit lacking as there's zero proof of him carrying an entire movie actually acting and not doing an impression

Besides he looks nothing nor sounds like HF when he was twenty. Check out all the roles HF had before he went big, there's quite a few. HF didn't really turn into "HF" until The Conversation, imho

Drunk AI does remind me of drunk HF in BR though .. hmm

I guess this could be settled instantly if AI did the AE dialogue from SOLO. Time for another youtube video perhaps?

Cheers,

Ole

Edit : Blade Runner, not BL! (Where HF have also done his best since .. I don't know .. The Fugitive?)

Last edited:
Well, your MCIQ (MovieCastingIQ) seems to be a wee bit lacking as there's zero proof of him carrying an entire movie actually acting and not doing an impression.

So what? There was zero proof Aldren Anglerfish could carry an entire movie. And, of course, now we know, he can't. Certainly not as a badass. He exudes about as much danger and toughness as the underclassmen I used to initiate with atomic wedgies and lunch money shakedowns in the halls of Hoover High.

Besides he looks nothing nor sounds like HF when he was twenty. Check out all the roles HF had before he went big, there's quite a few. HF didn't really turn into "HF" until The Conversation, imho

You're blind. And just trolling, if you persist with this hot take. :lol

The Wook

ps~Cool handle.

Sure, Alden Eartwist hasn't really had a movie of his own, but he sure did a lot more in Hail Ceasar! than AI did in AoA, no? And he (AE) had quite a few roles before that

So you were a bully in highschool, what does that personal information bring to this discussion, if I may ask?

I tried to google "Anthony Ingruber badass" but nothing came up. You have something to share with the rest of us?

Not blind, please show me youtube clips of pre The Conversation where AI looks and sounds like HF

And definitely not trolling. I joined this forum after reading it for several years. I want to get into diy stuff, but I really like the movie section, it _used_ to be a rather sane SW discussion site (but post TLJ changed that). I like BOTH your writings AND Bryans (but mostly Inquisitor Peregrinus posts), so I'm here for the INFO and the TALKS. What I have to give is probably not much

But my SWIQ is pretty damn high, you're welcome to battle me anytime :D

Cheers,

Ole

My handle is not cool, but is quite SW'ish. And nobody knows what an alluvial damper is anyway, but it's surely something you have to check before you fly off :cool

Sure, Alden Eartwist hasn't really had a movie of his own, but he sure did a lot more in Hail Ceasar! than AI did in AoA, no? And he (AE) had quite a few roles before that

So you were a bully in highschool, what does that personal information bring to this discussion, if I may ask?

I tried to google "Anthony Ingruber badass" but nothing came up. You have something to share with the rest of us?

Not blind, please show me youtube clips of pre The Conversation where AI looks and sounds like HF

And definitely not trolling. I joined this forum after reading it for several years. I want to get into diy stuff, but I really like the movie section, it _used_ to be a rather sane SW discussion site (but post TLJ changed that). I like BOTH your writings AND Bryans (but mostly Inquisitor Peregrinus posts), so I'm here for the INFO and the TALKS. What I have to give is probably not much

Cheers,

Ole

My handle is not cool, but is quite SW'ish. And nobody knows what an alluvial damper is anyway, but it's surely something you have to check before you fly off :cool

Peregrinus and Solo4114, those guys are MONEY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, that is a quote from HF on AE.

Not blind, please show me youtube clips of pre The Conversation where AI looks and sounds like HF.

No point. You've undoubtedly looked at the ample evidence out there--and yet you cannot see. You really should have your vision checked.

That remains to be seen. But even if I don't admire your SWIQ--and you're off to an inauspicious start--I already admire your confidence in your SWIQ. Because every hardcore Star Wars fan should be confident in his SWIQ. It's generally those who reject the absolute existence of SWIQ, who possess the lowest SWIQs of all. So you've got that going for you, anyway.

The Wook

I reckon Ingruber would have knocked it out of the park. They go to so much trouble to make these new films look and feel like old star wars why not keep going and hire someone who looks and sounds like Harrison Ford? There's artistry in a high quality imitation.

Alden was... fine? adequate? He did ok but he wasn't ready for the role I don't think.

Are we still complaining about Alden Ehrenreich? He was perfectly fine. Have any of you SEEN the movie who are still mad about his casting?

Hey Cayman yeah he was fine. He did a good job. I guess I'm still hoping that Disney might try for great or excellent or outstanding. Like the original actor who played Han Solo had roughly the same or less acting experience as AE when a he filmed a new hope. But who did a better job?

HF bullied AE in high school?

Yes, I actually have looked at everything HF has been in as I _really_ like that actor. So I have seen it. All of it. You point me to the pre The Conversation scenes where AI acts like a young HF. You really need to get your HFIQ checked you know :sick

So "no point" is now "show me early HF" or your AI vs HF is pretty moot

SWIQ was something me and my mates thought up in the early 80's and would battle that endlessly, so this is just deja vu +35 years later ..

I'm sure most of the .. hrmm.. elder members of this forum have the same experience :lol

But really I don't like to haggle like this, I want to LEARN. Tell me something about the OT that I _don't_ know (in another thread I guess)

Cheers,

Ole

What's cringe worthy is the short's audio production.

That's true, as is the self-conscious over enunciation and emphasized drag on the last word of most of the lines. It's not authentic. And before anyone goes off on me, I'm not an Ingruber hater. He just plays better with extreme character voices.

Last edited:
That's true, as is the self-conscious over enunciation and the emphasized drag on the last word of most of the lines. It's not authentic. And before anyone goes off on me, I'm not an Ingruber hater. He just plays better with extreme character voices.

Ford does not have an extreme voice, and AI does him very well. (Not talking about the over-the-top youtube video he made more than a decade ago, soon after he'd turned 18.)

It's criminal we'll never see him as Han.

The Wook

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back