Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

Nice, thanks for the list!

They look to be out of the lens holder and sound boards.

To clarify, are you going to offer these yourself here as resin casts, or you've made the designs and we should order them through shapeways? Is there a 3rd option to self print?

I'm very interested and would love to see what the one you get ends up looking like.

Thanks I am having trouble finding the right soundboard as its currently out of stock. I might have to opt for another one.

In any case any board should work.

by the way, i have been asked why I made the saber sub 11 inch, I mostly based my design size considering this image
Star-Wars-THe-Force-AwakensKylo-Ren-thumb.jpg

if i take a large size hand since Adam Driver is not Prowse sized I asume his hand grip would be around 4 inches so it equates to this:

KRSaber22.jpg

I might be mistaken but in that image it does not look like its a large hilt to me.

"THE FORCE AWAKENS - THE DARK SIDE" by "LORDBLAKO" is a good one, assuming that wasn't the one you were looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you or anyone else watching this thread have experience using the Neopixel LED strips? I'm curious which microcontroller/sound board combo people have had luck with.

Neopixels can be controlled with arduino boards... trinkets or trinket pro too. However u sould need a sound card etc...

Thanks I am having trouble finding the right soundboard as its currently out of stock. I might have to opt for another one.

by the way, i have been asked why I made the saber sub 11 inch, I mostly based my design size considering this image
http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-c...Star-Wars-THe-Force-AwakensKylo-Ren-thumb.jpg

if i take a large size hand since Adam Driver is not Prowse sized I asume his hand grip would be around 4 inches so it equates to this:

http://skullgarrison.com/gus/designs/KRSaber22.jpg

I might be mistaken but in that image it does not look like its a large hilt to me.

Judging from his build I would say he has a size 11 glove. These tall, lanky guys generally hand large hands (I know, I'm one of those guys). This would put a size 11 at 4.3inch across the palm. But this is just my thoughts.

Also something to keep in mind, the 3D prop might be 1 of many versions of the saber. We know it was likely a stunt version as it seems to be cast and molded due to the seam lines.

I love that you're making this with the innards to easily fit the saber parts from TCSS, with screwing plates, built in lens shelf and so on, it really ups the value of the item.

@dday His models are downloadable through Shapeways :thumbsup[/QUOTE} Ahhh, I see it now! Thanks.

guabe;

When I look under your shop, the main body and top plug do not show up under your light saber category.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-c...Star-Wars-THe-Force-AwakensKylo-Ren-thumb.jpg

http://skullgarrison.com/gus/designs/KRSaber22.jpg

That's funny I did the same thing yesterday, but in cm (French unit of measurement).

cm :

and Inch conversion (this morning):

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back