ichnob

So during my daily check for The Custom Saber Shop for in-stock items from my wish list, I saw that their new offerings today included some new hilt kits. Looks like with the popularity of the Graflex 2.0, the line is being expanded even further, which can be great for people looking to build sabers on a budget, and hopefully being a step above some of the budget saber companies I've seen being complained about on the boards in the past. Granted, all the photos are renders right now, but if it's anything close to the Graflex 2.0 quality, I think we're all in for a treat.

MPP 2.0 Saber Kit -- Same price as the Graflex 2.0 they offer. Also includes grips for ANH or ESB versions. Unlike the Graflex 2.0, this is only compatible with 1" blades.
MPP6.jpg

OWK Saber Kit -- Slightly more expensive than the Graflex 2.0 because of more parts it includes. Can configure to TPM or AOTC with the swappable pommel. Also includes 7/8" and 1" blade emitter flanges.
K12d.jpg

K4 Saber Kit -- Slightly more expensive than the Graflext 2.0. Only comes with parts for Obi-Wan's ANH saber. But similar to the OWK Saber Kit above, it also has the option for holding a 7/8" or 1" blade.
MKIII4.jpg

DV6 Saber Kit -- A doctoring up of the Graflex 2.0, making it slightly more expensive. Only comes in the ANH configuration. Metal parts are chromed, and the remaining parts are anodized black.
V62.jpg

As with all these hilt only kits, there's a disclaimer.
This is NOT a complete working saber and does not include blade, LED, sound module, speaker, etc..

Last edited:
Hopefully they fit. I know that the Graflex 2.0 isn't a direct 1:1 replica of a 3-cell, but many of the accessories/spare parts out there are compatible.

I would be interested in certain parts but I don't have a need for any whole kit anymore. *sigh* I've got too many incomplete projects.

Yeah, there was a clamoring for the OWK saber hilts a while back. And Korbanth did hint at an MPP 2.0 in the Graflext 2.0 threads during winter.

I had seen renders of these a few months back but Korbanth made it apparent that they weren't going to be doing any RPF preorders; only the FX sabers forum. I was having trouble registering so I just gave up. I'm super glad that TCSS is in on this!

MPP 2.0 might mean shrouds, end caps, clamps, and bulb release for those of us with Heilands to convert.

I worry that many of these parts will have extra details for an fx saber rather than a static. Bulb release and clamps aside, I wouldn't want the extra holes in the shroud and end cap.

Deliver us, Roman.:angel

Interested to see what crystal reveal chassis Darth Ryo can come up with for the MPP and K4. Man, just when you think your prop collection is complete they come up with more gotta'-haves... :)

Last edited:
I worry that many of these parts will have extra details for an fx saber rather than a static. Bulb release and clamps aside, I wouldn't want the extra holes in the shroud and end cap.

Deliver us, Roman.:angel

I've had my eye on Roman's MK1 FX saber for a long time now. While the K4 is cheaper, I can't just change my mind after taking so long to decide on which Obi-Wan saber I want. But yeah, these are definitely meant for people with specific budgets in mind. For sure there's going to be extra swappable parts and speaker holes just like the Graflex 2.0. Still, allows someone like me who's new to saber crafting a not ridiculously difficult or expensive doorway into the hobby. Currently have a Graflext 2.0 in my possession, with Roman's Graflex replica pre-ordered and saving up for an MK1.

I would love to get my hands on that OWK TPM. No matter what they say about the movie, his lightsaber (and Qui-Gon's) are still some of my favorites.

I would love to get my hands on that OWK TPM. No matter what they say about the movie, his lightsaber (and Qui-Gon's) are still some of my favorites.
I have the TPM OWK from Korbanth's last run on my desk at work, definitely one of my favorite designs.
P1180857.jpg

These looks great, and it'll be nice to see builds beyond the Graflex 2.0 kits after they're released.

The bundle price for a set of four sabers is very attractive.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPP-20-DV6-K4-OWK-Bundle-PRE-ORDER-P1176.aspx

I think that qualify for these sabers especially OWK is quite good, especially if it is an improvement on the 2014 run by korbanth. Sure they are built in China but the quality of machining was acceptably good to pretty good on fhe 2014 Obi TPM. Not going to get Acerocket quality except from Acerocket, be it China or USA.

So who's planning to get what? I remember reading about the excitement for the MPP 2.0s during the build up for Graflex 2.0, but both Obi Wan saber kits were a welcome surprise. Might make it tough for some to pick one over the other.

Or you could simply get all of them through the bundle that master jinn linked.

If four members who wanted different sabers could band together and save 100 bucks instead of buying them individually. Genius? Or insanity!

Now your thinking! I'd be down but I think I'll be going for all 4.
Only thing that holds me back is the wording that when the 4 pack is bought that they will not ship till all are complete. I'd hate to see that one gets complete early and one maybe goes a little late and I have to wait till that final one is done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back