TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Looks like I won't be buying those ultra low head hex screws. They only deal with companies listed in section 14 of the German Civil Code or some such crap!!!

Looks like I won't be buying those ultra low head hex screws. They only deal with companies listed in section 14 of the German Civil Code or some such crap!!!

You know the prop guys do this just to mess with us, right.

"Hey Bob, do you have anymore of those screws that aren't sold anywhere in the world??? I want to put them on this here graflex to make nerds cry" :lol

I have an account with this company, so I can order from them. But they are ridiculously expensive! Almost $2 a piece!!
I'm looking at an alternative manufacturer.

Roy

Yep, even the grips are different with the ones seen in the Fathead poster being very square and symmetrical as for the Disney ones, the middle fin is more broad from below like Gino's and Roy's grips, and the Hex Screw/Rivet dilemma.

I love that the Hex Screw/Rivet is a
Dilemma! Only on the RPF. Lol.

I don't have a stint blade, but is the glass eye that holds it in. I was thinking maybe that's why the knurling might be missing from the Wired Graflex. Maybe it list the knurls tightening it down.

Trying to find a higher res version of the new Empire magazine cover. Might reveal some details

TFAGraflex.jpg

That lightsaber effect for the cover is horrendous..but still, a detail worth noting
TFAGraflex.jpg

It's the D-ring, I'm gonna stand behind that. . When these people see him carrying a lightsaber vertically the D-ring hangs. So these designers and editors sometimes use reference pics but don't know what they're looking at so they do their touch up and editing and this is the crappy result we get. Anyway.. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it :lol

Looks like I'll be changing half the parts on my saber after the film comes out. That's what I get for jumping the gun. The next time I get a chance, I'll be checking an industrial hardware company by me, called Fastenal. As the name implies, they have a large selection of fasteners and other things. I like the idea of allen head bolts better than rivets anyway, they look cleaner and are less permanent.

It's the D-ring, I'm gonna stand behind that. . When these people see him carrying a lightsaber vertically the D-ring hangs. So these designers and editors sometimes use reference pics but don't know what they're looking at so they do their touch up and editing and this is the crappy result we get. Anyway.. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it :lol

Works for me :thumbsup

This place is packed!!! :popcorn

Is that Space Mountain with some Star Wars "spice" added to it?

You should have seen it on Monday last week. The Han and Chewie meet and greets were up to a 2 hour wait. By Wednesday, they were down to about 20 minutes. Edit: Derp. It's Thanksgiving week, so it's actually probably worse now, haha.

Yeah. I'm used to Disney World's Space Mountain, so it was pretty different for me. The Disneyland one is just better as a ride in general, but then when they add X Wings and Star Destroyers to it, it's amazing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back