Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Soo...

I said I would never let myself get my hopes up for another movie that lives up to the OT....

but THATS where I'm at...

It's going to be different. We know we won't see our OT heros as much as we want.

But man. I really think there is some magic in what this team is trying to do.

Was that a stuntman? Hope his stunt suit was foam or rubber! (Ouch!!!)

That explosion looked incredible! All the pretty colors of a PT explosion... Except this time our brains will auto accept what we see to be "real"!!!

JJ is making a ****ing beautiful film

What was memorable about ANY of the ship designs in the PT?

You can have your opinion, but that doesn't mean the stuff was horribly designed. The Republic Gunship, AcclamatorAssault Ship, Venator Star Destroyer, ARC-170 fighter, V-Wing fighter, etc. All of those were pretty cool IMO. You could throw any (maybe not the gunship) of those into the OT and they would have fit in fine.

What was memorable about ANY of the ship designs in the PT?
If you don't like something that's fine, there's plenty of memorable design going on in the PT - open your eyes and don't let the trend to hate of the prequels cloud that.

...at least they didn't simply bastardize the designs of the OT.

All were week **** poor designs. Fine for a cartoon... Nothing more.

You can have your opinion, but that doesn't mean the stuff was horribly designed. The Republic Gunship, AcclamatorAssault Ship, Venator Star Destroyer, ARC-170 fighter, V-Wing fighter, etc. All of those were pretty cool IMO. You could throw any (maybe not the gunship) of those into the OT and they would have fit in fine.

LOL :facepalm Typical Prequel basher.

The simple fact is when these movies came out you were probably salivating over every little thing just like all the other fanboys here.... it wasn't until it was decided they weren't "cool" that many jumped on that bandwagon. Because - ya know - Star Wars has to be elitist.

No the FACT is George Lucas is a **** director. His story's/vision without extreme rewriting are crap.
Not a fact - pure conjecture. If you don't like, don't watch it...

I find it funny, that you took my simple video from TPM just making the analogy that the PT also used practical effects turned into you bashing the designs of the PT and then Lucas. I'm not sure how or why they spurred that kinda of response from you... but, it's seems a bit much over the point that was made.

Last edited:
I find it funny, that you took my simple video from TPM just making the analogy that the PT also used practical effects turned into you bashing the designs of the PT and then Lucas. I'm not sure how or why they spurred that kinda of response from you... but, it's seems a bit much over the point that was made.

If you don't like something that's fine, there's plenty of memorable design going on in the PT - open your eyes and don't let the trend to hate of the prequels cloud that.

...at least they didn't simply bastardize the designs of the OT.

A lot of them did, yeah. Big time.

My fan theory is that GL knew full well that he was going to make the PT horrible. Everyone always gives him flak for seeming disinterested and lazy in the BTS footage, but what if he just really didn't care? What if it was all a plot to advance both digital and physical effects to the point to where he could make his REAL vision? The movie he REALLY conceived 40 years ago?

That vision? The Force Awakens.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back