Xbox One - you are not that important

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was watching my 10 yr. old niece and she wanted to play LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 360 on Xbox One. So it installs and then it wants a 360 profile. I can't just make a new game with the Xbox One profile. So then I have to log in multiple times with a 360 profile! They act like you're getting ready to launch a nuclear missile. It's a freaking game! I don't know why they make every freaking thing so hard on the Xbox (360 and One)!

I was watching my 10 yr. old niece and she wanted to play LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 360 on Xbox One. So it installs and then it wants a 360 profile. I can't just make a new game with the Xbox One profile. So then I have to log in multiple times with a 360 profile! They act like you're getting ready to launch a nuclear missile. It's a freaking game! I don't know why they make every freaking thing so hard on the Xbox (360 and One)!

I never understood why they made it so hard to be backwards compatable. I can understand X1 games not able to play on 360.. Why does X1 make it so hard to play older games?

They always releasing, "Now you can play this or that on the new Xbox", like they just do it from the beginning:angry

The reason is so difficult is they use different types of CPUs. The 360 uses an IBM Power PC variant and the Xbox One uses an AMD x86. The game does not know it's running on an Xbox One.

Nice video talking about the magic of how it works:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't go inserting logic and actual science in this thread! Can't you see this is a battle between a man and an inanimate object? This is very serious! He has to put that Xbox in its place or it will walk all over him for the rest of his life!

That made me laugh out loud.

Yes the struggle is real! :lol

I know how it works, I was referring to having to use a 360 account, then jump through multiple hoops to run it. I don't see a reason that a person with a new name who never played a 360 game ever, to be able to boot the game right up. As far as I could tell, there wasn't a way to do that. Luckily I had one.

My son's xbox one will stop in mid-game and demand that he re-log into his account before continuing.
I didn't realize how screwed up Microsoft was until I saw how well Sony designed the PS4.

Just the other day I was considering getting a One to replace my broken 360. I decided to just fix my 360 again. $20 and less than an hour and it works great again. I'm not ready to move on yet.

I have both an Xbox One and a PS4 and both have pros and cons. I agree Xbox has some hoops to get logged in but I swear every time I turn on my PS4, there is an update. So often its comical.

I have both an Xbox One and a PS4 and both have pros and cons. I agree Xbox has some hoops to get logged in but I swear every time I turn on my PS4, there is an update. So often its comical.

I actually gave up on PlayStation after the PS3 because of this. It’s ridiculous.

I’ve never had any issues with logging in on my XB1. Mine logs in within seconds of turning it on. I have no interest in playing old games onit, though, so maybe if I was trying to do that there would be some headache.

I actually gave up on PlayStation after the PS3 because of this. It’s ridiculous.

I’ve never had any issues with logging in on my XB1. Mine logs in within seconds of turning it on. I have no interest in playing old games onit, though, so maybe if I was trying to do that there would be some headache.

It is extremely rare that I have to log on to my XB1 as well. Just had to a day or two ago, but it's been months since the last time.

There are some possible complications you might be running into.
If it's a digital copy of the game it may require the account that originally purchased it to log in to download it (this is all from memory, some of it could be wrong), your kid might have an account that you didn't rate high enough for that particular game in the parent settings when you first set them up (have had to upgrade my kids before, and give them passes for individual games, situation depending).
Generally speaking though, once you jump the password hurdles once you shouldn't have to do them again very often, if at all.

Upgraded to an Xbox One for Xmas simply because of a lack of good new games for the 360. I still regularly play the best of my old game favourites on the 360, all of them single player because the stories are still good , which I'm afraid (with some notable exceptions) that many of the new games aren't , they tend to be focused much more on multi player modes.
The quality of the visual upgrades is fine , but in nearly every cases the actual mechanics of the game play don't change at all. Games I've really enjoyed are Red Dead Redemption II, Dishonoured II, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Wolfeinstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus , and my personal favourite, Far Cry: Primal mainly because of the tamed Sabretooth and other savage animals. Disappointed in Halo 5 though, still I get to replay the old ones on the 360.

Upgraded to an Xbox One for Xmas simply because of a lack of good new games for the 360. I still regularly play the best of my old game favourites on the 360, all of them single player because the stories are still good , which I'm afraid (with some notable exceptions) that many of the new games aren't , they tend to be focused much more on multi player modes.
The quality of the visual upgrades is fine , but in nearly every cases the actual mechanics of the game play don't change at all. Games I've really enjoyed are Red Dead Redemption II, Dishonoured II, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Wolfeinstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus , and my personal favourite, Far Cry: Primal mainly because of the tamed Sabretooth and other savage animals. Disappointed in Halo 5 though, still I get to replay the old ones on the 360.

I only play single-player games, period. I will never play multi-player at all. I absolutely hate it. The more games that become multi-player primarily, the less games I will buy. And yes, the whole Far Cry series is fantastic. If they could just make Far Cry and single-player Fallout forever, I'd be happy.

I also only play single-player.
Currently enjoying modding the hell out of Skyrim.
Tropical Skyrim?? What??

I played Skyrim on the 360 years ago and lost about eight weeks of my life . If I hadn't been forced to walk the dogs I'd have turned into a good imitation of Gollum I spent that little time in the daylight. It was a good job it was winter time and there was nothing else to do. Even back then I thought it was a master piece of immersive play and I lost myself in its world,I can only guess how much better it would look now an Xbox One. Somethings are just too dangerously seductive to risk a second time!!!!!

I played Skyrim on the 360 years ago and lost about eight weeks of my life . If I hadn't been forced to walk the dogs I'd have turned into a good imitation of Gollum I spent that little time in the daylight. It was a good job it was winter time and there was nothing else to do. Even back then I thought it was a master piece of immersive play and I lost myself in its world,I can only guess how much better it would look now an Xbox One. Somethings are just too dangerously seductive to risk a second time!!!!!

Unfortunately, Elder Scrolls 6 is probably going to suck because Bethesda doesn't learn any lessons. It will probably look a lot more like Fallout 76 than Skyrim. And that means I won't be buying it.

I'm late to the party but I just discovered Elite Dangerous, and while I'm in the very early stages, I can see this game sucking a lot of time, especially if I ever decide to make the trip to Sagitarrius A*...which I know I will.

I'm late to the party but I just discovered Elite Dangerous, and while I'm in the very early stages, I can see this game sucking a lot of time, especially if I ever decide to make the trip to Sagitarrius A*...which I know I will.
How's the learning curve on this? It sounds intimidating but I like the idea of real-time space travel. I want to play it on my Oculus Rift - they say it looks stunning in VR.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back