Battle starship

It is such a pleasure to watch the progress of this project. Very inspiring.

You mentioned thinking about beefing up the middle section with landing pods or something. Are you open to additional suggestions? Not sure they will match the feeling and profile you are looking for, but like I said you have inspired me with this design. :)

Simply stunning . Please keep sharing/posting , and a belated ' HAPPY NEW YEAR ' to you and yours . Than you yummi -San .

Thank you very mucn for the kind comment gedmac66-san. And A Happy New Year to you too!

It is such a pleasure to watch the progress of this project. Very inspiring.

You mentioned thinking about beefing up the middle section with landing pods or something. Are you open to additional suggestions? Not sure they will match the feeling and profile you are looking for, but like I said you have inspired me with this design. :)

Thansfor the kind advice.Yes, I'm always open for any kind of suggestions or advices. and that's why I keep posting to this thread.It's really fun for me to exchange or hear any idea from you.
About the mid section, I'm also not sure what it looks like if I add something.
I think I'm going to build some mock-up with some scrap metal and see how it is.

How do youthink about adding some retractable landing gear like big cargo aircraft?

First let me emphasize that I think the ship looks great as it is. Sometimes a “weak” section can create additional points of interest.

To my eye (from the last three pictures) the front of the ship is to the left and the rear engine housings are to the right at the ends of the twin booms. The round ports mark the mid-section. It has occurred to me that we may have yet to see the end of the ship and the engines are yet to be attached further back with the twin booms comprising the entire middle section.

Either way I think large angular landing gear pods would look very cool. If the round ports are the middle section then center the pods slightly forward of that point. If the twin booms are the entire mid-section then center the pods slightly behind the ports. C-17 style pods but angular and more like semi-integrated belly tanks come to mind.

Also, to balance out the mass of the pods underneath (regardless of their position) I’m thinking you could add some kind of low profile sensor pod/observation deck (highest point on the ship) type shape above and behind the round ports. An AWACS type dish idea but angular and oblong to match the style of the ship.

Regardless of if these thoughts inspire anything I’m sure whatever you do will turn out fantastic as always. I look forward to what your creative genius produces.

Thanks for the quick and well considered idea.
That was the new point of view of for me that you saying "Sometimes a “weak” section can create additional points of interest"
I thought it was very convicible view for the designing.

If I may add that landing gear pods, it will be relatively long twin housing with no nose gear houseing. See the second or third pic from the last, As yo see I designed the round port - it is supposed to be a paralell docking port for the sister ship - placed in a right middle of the entire length of the ship. And where the large square shape air tonnel is the engeneering section. How about the canoe pods placed right after the neck and laying beneath the port and reaching up to a few inches before the engeneering section?

May be I shoud put some mock-up and post the pics here in a couple of days.

Oh, one more thing.
It is an interesting coincident maybe. About the round antenna like AWACS you said. because If you see the pic of the early stage of this thread #72, you may find the large round hole in the middle of the hull. I was gonna put a large round or cylinderical structure in there. You may even find some domes and disks I made for that purpose in the corner of some pics on #81.

Again thank you very much.

I did wiring for the inner lighting and overall patrs fitting.
And made a couple of small detail parts.
Pics show no obvious progress but anyway.

Wiring for the lighting completed.
P_20170123_164125_zpsyglyrmmb.jpg

Oh I forgot to take out the inner mirror behind the ring.
P_20170123_164030_zpsilb6gop9.jpg

P_20170123_163957_zpspa6doldq.jpg

Made a couple of small bay.

P_20170123_101556_zpsaq91w7tn.jpg

P_20170123_101608_zpshe7towpc.jpg

P_20170123_105715_zpstycqltyd.jpg

Using some etching parts in my junk box.

P_20170123_105754_zpsoypkeoco.jpg

and fitted here.

P_20170123_173358_zpssausselh.jpg

P_20170123_173349_zpscznpjw9s.jpg

P_20170123_173409_zps0d2xvubg.jpg

P_20170123_173424_zpsu4pfbl6t.jpg

So far this is it.

You may see the leaking of the inside lighting here and there. It looks pretty so far but I may seal them soon.
P_20170123_164216_zpsfbh5rggv.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful work on the bay. The attention you show to the smallest details is really impressive, and one of the things that makes your models such a joy to look at.

That's sooo beautiful .
Yuumi-San , how/where do you find the patience/inspiration to achieve such detailed work ?
In fact, I made this part twice because I made a wrong measurement at the first time.:facepalm
Then I said to myself, " Take a deep breath and make it again. Second time should be better than the first one".:D

Beautiful work on the bay. The attention you show to the smallest details is really impressive, and one of the things that makes your models such a joy to look at.

Thank you very much Tom-san.

Your words always be a strong incentive to build.

katsu

Absolutely stunning work here. Love those bays, and the ports, and windows. Incredible detail and panel scribing.

Somehow I missed your response to the thoughts this build has inspired. Please do post some mock up pictures of the landing pods and AWACs pod. I think your idea of placement is very similar to what I was trying to describe. Sounds like you will have the center of the landing pods slightly forward of the center docking port and the tower slightly aft. I think it will give a subtle impression of speed if that is a feeling you want to portray. I like it.

I can't tell you how many ideas this build inspires for me. :D

Katsu-san,
just keeps on going and going. You are a machine. :)
You just keep on amazing me. Just don't know what else to say.
I love receiving the e-mails when there is a new post in this beautiful topic..

Jim

Absolutely stunning work here. Love those bays, and the ports, and windows. Incredible detail and panel scribing.

Somehow I missed your response to the thoughts this build has inspired. Please do post some mock up pictures of the landing pods and AWACs pod. I think your idea of placement is very similar to what I was trying to describe. Sounds like you will have the center of the landing pods slightly forward of the center docking port and the tower slightly aft. I think it will give a subtle impression of speed if that is a feeling you want to portray. I like it.

I can't tell you how many ideas this build inspires for me. :D

Thanks for the pleasant commen, Hagoth-san
I drew a scketch of possible arrangemet for the landing gear pods.
I will post it when I get home.

Modeling Mad Scientist !

Looks great ! :thumbsup

Thank you, Pcoz-san.

Katsu-san,
just keeps on going and going. You are a machine. :)
You just keep on amazing me. Just don't know what else to say.
I love receiving the e-mails when there is a new post in this beautiful topic..

Jim

Thank you very much, Jim-san.

What would make this even better--since it is metal--have it atop a tesla coil and film lightning sparks coming off it.

Thanks for the comment, publiusr-san.
:lolIt would make my less hair look voluminous.

Thank you very much my friends.
This part of the build is still making me wonder how will it be.
As other parts like nose end and aft end as well.
When I'm taking a hot tub of bath or just before I slept down, many images come and gone in my head.
Maybe some good idea will be poped up sometime later.
I'm waiting for that moment just like I did all the time.

katsu

Hi,
This small compartment would be the end of the long pier between the twin hull. The both sides of the hull would be bridged with an appropriate length (maybe about 1/3 - 1/2 of twin hull) of ceiling made of rahmen or truss or honeycom or just a series of simple beam structure. I will build a few small ships like 3 to 5 inches to docking in this bay.

Uhhh.. Just a thought and subject to change... as always.

katsu

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back