Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

anybody know how to mod the ribs on the v3s as ive heard they are too "pronounced" as opposed to originals

Real next to V3's

IMG_2967.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2970.JPGIMG_2971.JPG

What's your price for the lighter blue version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The set in the photo have been sold. $120USD if you want me to make you a new set.

- - - Updated - - -

anybody know how to mod the ribs on the v3s as ive heard they are too "pronounced" as opposed to originals

Ribs are fine. The difference between the real and reps is the cuff is more rounded and the tongue is longer in the reps. The reps also lean back a bit more. They are closer than any other version we have had.

Perhaps you're thinking about the older version, the V2. Its' 'ribs' were too pronounced, but at the time they came out (2012, I think) they were the best we could get at the time, and many of us made some modifications to them. There were a bunch of other inaccuracies we couldn't do much about, but then the V3's came out and most of us got them, as they were much closer to the real ones.
(as you saw in JediFyfe's pictures - lots of people mistake the V3's for the real ones)
Here's an example of the V2's.
me wearing my V2s with extended tongue (3).JPG

Ooo tell me more
I want a useable version. The most screen accurate bags have been made from large diameter card board tube and as a result, have been fragile. I want a tough bag you can actually use. So mine will be plastic.

It has been an expensive exercise but I think I am now well past the PNR on this so am just plodding along. At least I am making progress now.

After speaking with industrial designers, I am going back to thermoforming as there is too much variance in resin and casting. The body of this bag in the photo was done with thermoforming. The lids are cast and I will see how I end up making these.

The master parts that I had made out of aluminium now become forming tools, so are being used. You can't beat aluminium for this as they disapait heat better than most other mediums used for tooling.
d21eee8c47971d0f8dce7290c81aaf0c.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I want a useable version. The most screen accurate bags have been made from large diameter card board tube and as a result, have been fragile. I want a tough bag you can actually use. So mine will be plastic.

It has been an expensive exercise but I think I am now well past the PNR on this so am just plodding along. At least I am making progress now.

After speaking with industrial designers, I am going back to thermoforming as there is too much variance in resin and casting. The body of this bag in the photo was done with thermoforming. The lids are cast and I will see how I end up making these.

The master parts that I had made out of aluminium now become forming tools, so are being used. You can't beat aluminium for this as they disapait heat better than most other mediums used for tooling. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/d21eee8c47971d0f8dce7290c81aaf0c.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Yea, needs to be lightweight too

Ribs are fine. The difference between the real and reps is the cuff is more rounded and the tongue is longer in the reps. The reps also lean back a bit more. They are closer than any other version we have had.

I’d have to disagree dude. Personally, for me the biggest giveaway is the ribs of the V3 material, they’re far more pronounced than those of the RD. That along with the shape of the toe box & the angle at which it meets the front lip of the sole. The ‘lean’ of the V3 would never be noticed on foot.

To the unsuspecting the difference would probably never be spotted, but to someone who knows the RD’s inside & out the differences are huge. That’s not to say that the V3 isn’t still awesome, it’s just a shame that they highly overpriced considering the shoddy manufacturing.

Last edited:
So I know that you are all professionals in this matter. I plan on getting some V3.1s. I don't care for the original Air Mags box since I have a rotating display they will go on. It seems like Porfessor Sneakers is the best buy for me then at $350? Likewise I do want a case for travel though. Should I get the Air Mags Plutonium case or when will this footwear bag come out?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back