The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have no scenes together.

The boy with the broom is from the planet Finn & Rose visit. The broom scene is very moving and... I won't say anything beyond that.

Do they cover why Finn left his training and left the first order? Does Finn learn more about the Force?

- - - Updated - - -

Where’s MisterFrosty now? Did he just disappear after all that trash talk? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Leia use the force?

I think what will tie these movie ultimately together will have to be 9 and Maybe Anakins return because it started with Anakin and its fitting he have a big return and it should be the Former Chosen One to help bring balance with a new force Power cause Anakin had talent since he was a boy.

Well that would be Grand finale.. end it with Mary Sue and Gary Stu.

just wanted to check if I was imagining it, but did that boy force grabbed the broom at the end of the movie? (when he first came out of the stables and the broom was leaning against the wall)

Its probably a hint at maybe the boy will end up being Reys Apprentice or they will cross paths.

That moment (and the reveal on Rey's completely ordinary heritage) to me suggested they were saying that there are maybe lots of people out there who are 'strong with the force' - and it's not some dynastical power held by the few.

Cheers

Jez

That moment (and the reveal on Rey's completely ordinary heritage) to me suggested they were saying that there are maybe lots of people out there who are 'strong with the force' - and it's not some dynastical power held by the few.

Cheers

Jez
I thought that was kind of the point of the prequels.

I do not understand that they hate the old movies to the point of wanting to kill all the old characters without reasons.
The good do not need to fight because their enemies are killing each other. As usual, it's the big mess.
And I was expecting a new big villain worthy of the name, all that remains is emo kylo ren.
The scenario is irrelevant, as with most recent movies.

There were once thousands of Jedi many different races. So the idea there are force children is not a surprise. Jedi of old must of had things to sense them like professor x

The movie (to me) was AMAZING, so much better than TFA. For one thing, yes there is humor, but for me it didn't feel forced (other than perhaps porgs "sad-eye" reaction to Chewie.

When you understand WHY Ben did what he did, then you see why he would carry such hate toward the Skywalkers and his mother and father for sending him to Luke. Adam Driver also managed to convey so much emotion and portray conflict, without ever saying it.

Warning: Spoilers Ahead

Lukes green saber makes appearances twice, both times to show Luke as a younger man, at the new Jedi Training Ground, in a conflict with Ben.
Anakins blue saber is to a certain extent made into a relic Kylo wants desperately for its history, and also it's used to kill Snoke.

Luke is seen both in his robes from last time, but as he projects himself to Crait, he is wearing the black outfit from RotJ. His appearance is also noticably different from what you see when he's training Rey. His fear of Rey is also from when he tells her to reach out with her feelings, and she immediately is shown the "negative" nexus of the planet, as opposed to the temple she's at. Since he sees this and automatically goes to his former experience with Ben, he refuses to train her as he's afraid of creating the next Sith apprentice.

There is obvious romantic tensions throughout the movie, most noticeably between Finn and other characters including Poe, Rose and Rey. He isn't shown as having emotions in return to any except Rey, who he sees again for the first time since Starkiller, and clings to her in a hug.

Finn also manages to smash part of Phasmas helmet, so you actually get to see Gwendolines face (partly) which I loved.

After projecting to Crait to allow the resistance to escape while Ren is focused on him, Luke is shown as seeing two setting suns as he looks out over the ocean, and with Leia and Rey both feeling it, he vanishes, leaving his robe behind, to become one with the force. It's shown as a moment of hope and reassurance for the rebels though, not as a "damn, we lost our Legend" moment. I can understand why Mark would feel cheated, considering the series is so focused on Luke, but remember, there are at least two other "skywalkers" in Leia and Kylo, so the throughline of the history of the Skywalkers is far from dead.

Rey is told by Kylo, incidentally, that her parents we nobodies, but she's also shown to an extent being linked to some other force-user via the miracle of cross-cutting.

The movie (to me) was AMAZING, so much better than TFA. For one thing, yes there is humor, but for me it didn't feel forced (other than perhaps porgs "sad-eye" reaction to Chewie.

When you understand WHY Ben did what he did, then you see why he would carry such hate toward the Skywalkers and his mother and father for sending him to Luke. Adam Driver also managed to convey so much emotion and portray conflict, without ever saying it.

Warning: Spoilers Ahead

Lukes green saber makes appearances twice, both times to show Luke as a younger man, at the new Jedi Training Ground, in a conflict with Ben.
Anakins blue saber is to a certain extent made into a relic Kylo wants desperately for its history, and also it's used to kill Snoke.

Luke is seen both in his robes from last time, but as he projects himself to Crait, he is wearing the black outfit from RotJ. His appearance is also noticably different from what you see when he's training Rey. His fear of Rey is also from when he tells her to reach out with her feelings, and she immediately is shown the "negative" nexus of the planet, as opposed to the temple she's at. Since he sees this and automatically goes to his former experience with Ben, he refuses to train her as he's afraid of creating the next Sith apprentice.

There is obvious romantic tensions throughout the movie, most noticeably between Finn and other characters including Poe, Rose and Rey. He isn't shown as having emotions in return to any except Rey, who he sees again for the first time since Starkiller, and clings to her in a hug.

Finn also manages to smash part of Phasmas helmet, so you actually get to see Gwendolines face (partly) which I loved.

After projecting to Crait to allow the resistance to escape while Ren is focused on him, Luke is shown as seeing two setting suns as he looks out over the ocean, and with Leia and Rey both feeling it, he vanishes, leaving his robe behind, to become one with the force. It's shown as a moment of hope and reassurance for the rebels though, not as a "damn, we lost our Legend" moment. I can understand why Mark would feel cheated, considering the series is so focused on Luke, but remember, there are at least two other "skywalkers" in Leia and Kylo, so the throughline of the history of the Skywalkers is far from dead.

Rey is told by Kylo, incidentally, that her parents we nobodies, but she's also shown to an extent being linked to some other force-user via the miracle of cross-cutting.

We have a post release thread here you should post your review to:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284901

I'm certain that someone here could have made a better Yoda puppet than the one that appeared in the film. https://www.instagram.com/p/BcqJl0EHB-v/

I was thinking the exact same thing. ;)

yoda3.jpg

:lol....and how long ago was that Product announced? :lol

Talk about a a long time ago in a galaxy far far away?!

Luke is seen both in his robes from last time, but as he projects himself to Crait, he is wearing the black outfit from RotJ. His appearance is also noticably different from what you see when he's training Rey. His fear of Rey is also from when he tells her to reach out with her feelings, and she immediately is shown the "negative" nexus of the planet, as opposed to the temple she's at. Since he sees this and automatically goes to his former experience with Ben

nice summary. Luke's costume on Crait is similar to but a bit different from the ROTJ ones. For example, Luke's wearing a collarless white shirt that resembles Han solo's underneath his Jedi tabi.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Williams' "Last Jedi" music score. Is it any good?
I hope it's better than TFA, that score was just background, along with the dead sounding sound design. Before anyone says "The music is supposed to be background!" - No, no it isn't. Star Wars scores are a character all their own.

I hope I enjoy the score too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back