Got my HM frames today. The lenticular portraits fit perfectly, no trimming required.

image.jpg

Hi guys - I finally got my hands on the Stretching Gallery portraits and was wondering if anyone has been able to find frames that are a close match to the ones in the actual HM. I'm assuming that with the size and format, I'm looking at a custom job? Also, for those who have a set, have you matted yours, or are you just mounting and framing to retain the look of the originals?

Hi guys - I finally got my hands on the Stretching Gallery portraits and was wondering if anyone has been able to find frames that are a close match to the ones in the actual HM. I'm assuming that with the size and format, I'm looking at a custom job? Also, for those who have a set, have you matted yours, or are you just mounting and framing to retain the look of the originals?

what size prints did you get and where did you get them? I am considering buying some also. canvas, or what kind offprint? thanks!

Well, I as able to take a set that I had found online and do some Photoshop work on them to remove watermarking. They aren't quite the resolution I was hoping for, but they are 25" tall native, so I should be able to get good prints from them. I'm probably going to get them printed at a custom poster printer called posterbrain.com - they have some really good prices, especially for something like the portraits, which are obviously a bizarre size for prints. I haven't found anywhere to do them on canvas at this time, but maybe in the future I'll upgrade.

if you want to email me the files, I use what used to be called Genuine Fractals to resize stuff with GREAT results. if you want to drop box the files to me, I can resize them as large as you want. j_king@mac.com

Also, here is a screen shot of what I assume is the same image you have from deviant Art, resized to 300 dpi and upscaled to 36"x96" tall (original size in the Haunted Mansion). looks pretty good!

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.36.26 PM.png

Yeah, mine are 72dpi - assuming the plotter Posterbrain is using is a good one, I should be able to get a good print from them. I don't need a 96" image, as I just don't have the wallspace for something that tall, but it would be nice to have the option, anyway. I appreciate the offer of resizing - I'll shoot you an email later on and we will see what kind of quality we can get out of these.

Yeah, mine are 72dpi - assuming the plotter Posterbrain is using is a good one, I should be able to get a good print from them. I don't need a 96" image, as I just don't have the wallspace for something that tall, but it would be nice to have the option, anyway. I appreciate the offer of resizing - I'll shoot you an email later on and we will see what kind of quality we can get out of these.

cool, just let me know the exact size you want the total image (including white border) and I can get a good resize for you. I print some BIG files pretty regularly (I'm a professionals photographer). ALSO... canvasondemand can do any size you want and they are doing 35% off a mounted canvas this weekend for labor day. you could do half size (18x48") for only about $100 mounted on canvas. I also know a little trick to getting an even bigger discount from canvas on demand :) shoot me an email

I think these are pretty close
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-3-4-in-x-3-in-x-8-ft-MDF-Fluted-Door-Casing-Set-4300/203818350

With Halloween coming up is anyone doing a run on Hat Box Ghost or Graveyard Caretaker heads or busts? I saw some on eBay are they from anyone on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back