Star Wars Studio Scale RUMORS.

Thats a full time job in itself. But hey you never know.

Al

Yeah, that's what I figured. :(

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a good book on shooting scale miniatures? I'm checking out the old industry mags, now, but I wonder if anyone's put together a primer, or perhaps something more advanced? Doesn't hurt to dive into homework, even if I can't actually start getting hands-on just yet.

~J. D.

Last edited:
If you can find a copy look up American Cinematographer for Star Wars. They talk a lot about the camera work.

Yeah, that's what I figured. :(

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a good book on shooting scale miniatures? I'm checking out the old industry mags, now, but I wonder if anyone's put together a primer, or perhaps something more advanced? Doesn't hurt to dive into homework, even if I can't actually start getting hands-on just yet.

~J. D.

--------------

A full scale Falcon (exterior set, I assume) at Pinewood?

Ahh . . . but the question is . . . are we getting the 32-incher or the 5-footer?

And is it scaled to match the original 1:1 scale Falcon exteriors?
Or did they try to reconcile the incongruence between the original exteriors, interiors, and ILM models? That would force the exterior set to get A LOT bigger than what we grew up watching in the OT. The difference would be visible to even a casual fan.

Oh, the joy of trying to reconcile the continuities & physics problems in old sci-fi movies!

------------

Honestly, I'm not sure that Disney would be dumb enough to mess up yet ANOTHER star wars franchise. They do a lot of good stuff along with the bad IMO, and I am rather fond of JJ Abrams after these new star trek movies. I'm cautiously optomistic

I'm curious about which OT ship designs might end up making an appearance in VII. The Millennium Falcon, for sure. Possibly Slave I, if they decide to bring Fett back. I'd imagine the Star Destroyers will make an appearance, if only to distinguish them from the *new* Star Destroyers, or whatever analog the Imperial Remnant/New Republic is fielding. Actually, I kind of like that idea, seeing the old Impstar-I or Impstar Deuce Star Destroyers pitted against newer, more advanced ships. Probably updated Mon Cal Star Cruisers...design lineage stuff. Maybe Luke'll still have his old T-65 X-Wing (though I doubt it).

I'm expecting a plausible mixture of entirely new, original designs and old designs that look their age.

~J. D.

I'm curious about which OT ship designs might end up making an appearance in VII. The Millennium Falcon, for sure. Possibly Slave I, if they decide to bring Fett back. I'd imagine the Star Destroyers will make an appearance, if only to distinguish them from the *new* Star Destroyers, or whatever analog the Imperial Remnant/New Republic is fielding. Actually, I kind of like that idea, seeing the old Impstar-I or Impstar Deuce Star Destroyers pitted against newer, more advanced ships. Probably updated Mon Cal Star Cruisers...design lineage stuff. Maybe Luke'll still have his old T-65 X-Wing (though I doubt it).

I'm expecting a plausible mixture of entirely new, original designs and old designs that look their age.

~J. D.

The Falcon, the X-wing, and the Star Destroyer. I can't imagine they would complete ep#7 without showing all three of these even if they have to stick them into background cameos.

My two cents on the handling of the new movies:

IMO Disney won't botch this. At least not right away. Not purposely. Not by filling the movies with infuriating sellout mistakes that are obvious to 50 out of 50 people off the street and pissing everyone off.

Yes there is plenty of cheddar to be made with mediocre SW products & shows. But the main series of movies has to be the "tentpole" work that isn't a load of crap in a burning paper bag. Disney can think with their wallet and still come to the conclusion that it's in their best financial interests to make these new 3 movies the best they can make them. These new movies will never be the OT but I am confident that they won't be carelessly trainwrecked just to make a few extra dollars in the first couple years.

~J. D.

The Falcon, the X-wing, and the Star Destroyer. I can't imagine they would complete ep#7 without showing all three of these even if they have to stick them into background cameos.

IMO Disney won't botch this. At least not right away. Not purposely. Not with infuriating sellout mistakes that are obvious to 50 out of 50 people off the street and pissing everyone off.

Yes there is plenty of cheddar to be made with mediocre SW products & shows. But the main series of movies has to be the "tentpole" work that isn't a load of crap in a burning paper bag. Disney can think with their wallet and still come to the conclusion that it's in their best financial interests to make these new 3 movies the best they can make them. These new movies will never be the OT but I am confident that they won't be carelessly trainwrecked just to make a few extra dollars in the first couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

~J. D.

IMO Disney won't botch this. At least not right away. Not purposely. Not with infuriating sellout mistakes that are obvious to 50 out of 50 people off the street and pissing everyone off.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back