Star Wars exhibit Props, Models, Costumes - Lots of Pics

Hi, everyone! I'm reviving this old thread to let you know that I have gone back through this thread and re-uploaded all of these photos in their original hi-res size. At some point during the last 7 years, the photos I had originally uploaded had somehow disappeared.

But, you can now go back through this thread and view all of the pics again, in hi-res. Enjoy!

EDIT: I apologize if the landscape/portrait orientation of some of the photos is wrong. That's just the way some of them uploaded.

Last edited:
Re: I'm going to a Star Wars exhibit - anyone need reference photos of anything?

This a ROTJ Screen used/touring mix....Not from ANH. Not even close to ANH.

I'm definitely not a SW costume expert by any means. All I had for reference were the labels that were displayed with the items. This costume was labeled as a costume from ANH, so that's why I wrote that.

Re: I'm going to a Star Wars exhibit - anyone need reference photos of anything?

I'm definitely not a SW costume expert by any means. All I had for reference were the labels that were displayed with the items. This costume was labeled as a costume from ANH, so that's why I wrote that.

Its sad that Lucasfilm can not get their own crap right....The Vader has nothing to do with ANH and on top of that its not entirely screen used.

The original ANH vader is a lot different compared to ROTJ and as far as I know its non existent, parts reused or destroyed no one knows.

Altho I will say thank you for the up close pictures of the cape...That is a screen used ROTJ cape and I have been doing a lot of research on it.

Thanks Rymo these are fantastic :)

So glad when someone takes the time to fix threads, especially when they are detailed, wide ranging and clearly taken as this.

Decent ref from guys like you is the oxygen that keeps the RPF alive.

Bravo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just having another look over these the Falcon pics are just outstanding.

I only just noticed the pit droid set dressing isn't made from pit droid parts at all. Its chopped up bits from a battle droid.

Amazing :)

Just having another look over these the Falcon pics are just outstanding.

I only just noticed the pit droid set dressing isn't made from pit droid parts at all. Its chopped up bits from a battle droid.

Amazing :)

Thanks. I was just looking back at those Falcon photos as well, and I noticed some funny little details that the ILM model makers included. Most notably, the Champion brand logo decal on the front. :lol

DSC_5237decal.JPG

Last edited:
Can I just bump this thread for drool value?? Look at the buttons on the Landspeeder! You really can see the Moiré pattern, very very cool!! <3

The ANH five foot Falcon and the ESB 32" stunt Falcon both have names on them, but they're way easier to see on the 32 incher!

The ANH five foot Falcon and the ESB 32" stunt Falcon both have names on them, but they're way easier to see on the 32 incher!

Thanks for the info! Those names are quite subtle. I'm not surprised I overlooked them!

Wow, great thread. Can't believe I didn't notice it before. Thanks for uploading this treasure of reference material!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back