The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

Thanks Banner, I never thought about adding registration marks, it seems obvious now ! Gonna look into that software, might save me some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Took a closer look at our printing pallets at work the other day. The biggest "standard" ones we use are on our automatic presses. They're 16" x 22". That entire surface isn't all usable print area, though. The effective printing area is more like 14" x 18". So if you're planing on breaking the design down, I'd probably try to stay inside those guidelines.

does anybody here know which paint has a leather texture when dried? i PM tigerstonfx but havent gotten a reply. oh and indisguisedesigns is the name of the person on etsy who sells raised print dawn of justice fabric.

Hi guys, just wanted to update you on the group effort to recreate the fabric. Teragon, Brucebatman, and I have been working together to make the most screen accurate batman suit available. As you have seen, Teragon has been working on a screen accurate pattern that will allow us to screen print in 2 levels. Brucebatman is working on identifying the screen accurate dye as he has a piece of real batman fabric. One I have that info, I will purchase the fabric and bring it to a dying company in Los Angeles to have them dye it accurately. We have also identified a highly reputable screen printing company that has experience in producing movie used costumes. We are working on producing sample/test pieces to show you guys.

Very soon we will be introducing a group buy. There are start up costs, so the more people that want the fabric, the cheaper it is, since we can split the start up amongst ourselves. More details and prices will come in the next 1-3 weeks

@silkscreener

If you could make your boot sole fit the UD replica DOJ Batman boots, that would be the best. I feel like UD Replica's boot is better than Nincostumes, but the sole is not accurate. I want to get the UD replica boot and just put your sole on it.

Hiya Caunyd,

This is not likely to happen as it doesn't make sense, it would be very hard to do and would likely come apart. It's better the boot is made from scratch. I'm about about half way through modeling the boot as you can see it is not finished. :)

Hi all, I have been following this thread silently and love what you are all doing please count me in on this

I have recently purchased some screen used fabric and as soon as it arrives I will let you guys know and help out where I can

L HULK

glad to hear it. Let us know when you get your fabric. I'm in the process of buying the fabric and dying it the accurate color, so your fabric might be helpful in getting the right material and color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely as soon as I have it i will get some pictures on here for you all

keep up the good works guys!

I wouldn't mind seeing how you dye your fabric. I have some coming in too but it's not the correct color.

You have screen used or production origin fabric but it's not the correct color?

Hi guys, just wanted to update you on the group effort to recreate the fabric. Teragon, Brucebatman, and I have been working together to make the most screen accurate batman suit available. As you have seen, Teragon has been working on a screen accurate pattern that will allow us to screen print in 2 levels. Brucebatman is working on identifying the screen accurate dye as he has a piece of real batman fabric. One I have that info, I will purchase the fabric and bring it to a dying company in Los Angeles to have them dye it accurately. We have also identified a highly reputable screen printing company that has experience in producing movie used costumes. We are working on producing sample/test pieces to show you guys.

[h=3]RF011904364BE[/h]

Very soon we will be introducing a group buy. There are start up costs, so the more people that want the fabric, the cheaper it is, since we can split the start up amongst ourselves. More details and prices will come in the next 1-3 weeks

Are you guys planning on doing any complete bodysuits and not just the fabric?

The full body suit, but not sewed. Will come in 10 pieces if everything sticks to the plan. We're really aiming for accuracy here, so we've tried to match the all real seams. Some of them will have to be faked (with a small gap to pinch and sew), some are real and where you (or your seamstress of choice) will have to sew the pieces together. Like caunyd said, we'll introduce a group buy in a little while, probably as a ltd run, with a lot more info on it. Still got a lot of work to do !

I'm following this thread with great interest as well. I would definitely like to purchase one when everything is completed. Keep up the great work and make the best Bat suit ever.

new cowl arrived today :) :) :) thumbnail_IMG_20160422_110344.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20160422_110258.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20160422_110456.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20160422_110214.jpg

batman and the joker in one day lol thumbnail_IMG_20160422_110344.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20160422_163111_619.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20160422_155111_745.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20160422_155111_745.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

We're waiting on screen-used fabric, so that I can take it to a specialized sales and dying company to identify the fabric and color. So if any of you have screen used fabric, and are willing to send us just a small piece, that would help out a lot. You can PM me or Teragon. Thanks!

Where does one but screen fabric? I'd like to have some myself

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back