Solo: A Star Wars Story

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c26af2ea6befb6d8358946de888422e9/tumblr_ouh7t2U4W21qgvqxoo5_r1_400.gif

Also...

To be fair, Leia wasn't Luke's sister until writing sessions for Return of the Jedi. Luke's sister was going to be a new character, but, now that there was only going to be that one more Star Wars movie, and not three more after it (Luke movies -- not even the Prequels that he also wasn't going to make), the job ended up getting foisted onto Leia, being one of only four female characters with lines up to that point -- and of those, one was Beru, who was out for age, squick-factor, and barbecue reasons; and another was Camie, who was cut from the released film, so cna be considered moot (though I kinda like the idea of her turning out to be Luke's sister). So, really, it was Leia or the "stand by, Ion Control" lady.

There’s an early draft of Star Wars from 1975 I think in which Luke and Leia are cousins, they know it, AND they still commence a relationship...

There’s an early draft of Star Wars from 1975 I think in which Luke and Leia are cousins, they know it, AND they still commence a relationship...

Well, yeah. That's only a problem in Catholic or post-Catholic cultures, and then only after the King of France had pressured the Pope to make marrying one's cousin a church taboo to keep the peasants from consolidating family wealth and holdings the way the aristocracy had been doing for ages. Consanguinity is only a problem where there's a family history of genetic problems.

Member when Star Wars was fun. I member.
member_berries_apology.jpg

I can't find the interview, but months ago Stan Lee reacted to some comic character changing and defended fans by saying they weren't upset because they were racist/misogynistic/gender phobic/whatever, it was because they changed their favorite character. For most of the fans, that's it. People get emotionally invested in these characters and get upset when they change them. That's it. I wish people when give other people the benefit of the doubt and chill the hell out before they started throwing accusations or insinuations around. In 2018 the official sport of the U.S. is being offended by another person having an opinion. People need to chill.

Lando Chopper.jpg
I'll never look at scenes involving any droids or even Lobot the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find the interview, but months ago Stan Lee reacted to some comic character changing and defended fans by saying they weren't upset because they were racist/misogynistic/gender phobic/whatever, it was because they changed their favorite character. For most of the fans, that's it. People get emotionally invested in these characters and get upset when they change them. That's it. I wish people when give other people the benefit of the doubt and chill the hell out before they started throwing accusations or insinuations around. In 2018 the official sport of the U.S. is being offended by another person having an opinion. People need to chill.

Forrest.jpg

Jason this is your best post in the past 5 years. :)

I can certainly understand about changing a character, but nothing about Lando is being changed. He's still the same charismatic pilot/gambler/swindler who flew the Falcon into battle at Endor and ran the Bespin Tibanna gas mining outpost until Han brought the Empire to his front door. It's people's assumptions about him that have changed. Just because he hit on Leia and Hera Syndulla doesn't mean he CAN'T love other beings (or devices, for that matter). We assumed he was only into women. We were wrong. Those are probably the hardest three words for anybody to say other than "I love you."

Alright, I'll admit I'm wrong if you can find any production or script notes that say Lando is only hetero.

Also, first off, it's "canon" and second of all that supposed "canon" is no longer canon. And you can scream and cry about it all you want but it's not coming back.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back