ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thanks, I was wondering when the next update would post. Several products still say Q2 2016, but the update hasn't changed for months now:
"Awaiting final packaging and product safety testing for clearance."

Must be some intense testing going on for it to take several months. :cry

Looking back, Anovos had a pretty cruel April Fools joke this year:
https://twitter.com/ANOVOS/status/716023139256246272

From today's update:
*Darth Vader™ Helmet Accessory: [/B]Quality control concerns with first shipment resulted in delay of delivery. New shipment with packing corrections on the way. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if Anovos will ship the Tie Pilot helmet with the same faceplate as the Stormtrooper kit? I didn't mind too much on the stormtrooper kit that they cut corners on the faceplate at 350$ .. but the Tie Pilot helmet is by itself 299$ and I don't appreciate the fact that they modified the faceplate to help the demolding process (see teeth corners and other stuff).

All logic says they will use the same mold .. if they do, I will cancel that pre-order and get it from somewhere else .. or not at all. I just cancelled my snow trooper costume since I was tired of all the delays ..

Last edited:
ANOVOS has the high-end Star Wars costume license, not replica prop license. You'll note that the new PropShop stuff specifically states that their items are not meant for costume usage. Hopefully there will be new photography for TIE and AT-AT soon since they are closer to shipping.

just to note, I thought the rumors were about Efx not anovos

Corrected .. my bad :)

- - - Updated - - -

ANOVOS has the high-end Star Wars costume license, not replica prop license. You'll note that the new PropShop stuff specifically states that their items are not meant for costume usage. Hopefully there will be new photography for TIE and AT-AT soon since they are closer to shipping.

I hope they will .. I need to see that faceplate before it actually ship .. I hate the way they flatten the teeth on the tk helmet .. it really looks horrible .. (but in general, I still like my kit at the price! :))

Corrected .. my bad :)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they will .. I need to see that faceplate before it actually ship .. I hate the way they flatten the teeth on the tk helmet .. it really looks horrible .. (but in general, I still like my kit at the price! :))

at-at and tie say sold out on their website, shame as I wanted them but I have enough stuff on order without actually seeing much ><

I ordered a stormtrooper kit about two months ago on April 21. This was while the website had it listed as "in stock" and taking only 7-14 days to process.

Guess what, it still hasn't arrived and they aren't responding to my emails. Only the soft parts have arrived after I sent the first email.

This is really upsetting as I have other things on preorder with them. The quality seems great for what it is, yet customer service is clearly lacking. I'm supposed to go back to Turkey soon too, so while I was planning on bringing the armor back with me from the US, I guess that's not happening.

Very few of the ANOVOS Star Wars items are "in stock" since they come in from manufacturer and ship out in waves----they are mostly pre-order. I've seen people posting that kits are shipping again so it probably won't be long now. Did you open a ticket with customer support? http://support.anovos.com/

Very few of the ANOVOS Star Wars items are "in stock" since they come in from manufacturer and ship out in waves----they are mostly pre-order. I've seen people posting that kits are shipping again so it probably won't be long now. Did you open a ticket with customer support? http://support.anovos.com/

Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware of this ticket thing. I'll send it a little later. All I've done so far was send a couple emails.

Well, the thing that bothers me is I ordered the kit precisely when it was advertised as "in stock" when they had that 300 kits or so left over. It even specifically had 7-14 days listed for processing time for the stormtrooper kit, but it's been two months now and no reply. I'll try the ticket, and hopefully it can come before I leave the US (no big deal, just I wouldn't be able to see it again until I come back to the US).

Jakku Rey slid back to Q4... I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed to find ourselves shifting gears for Halloween yet again due to another delay.

Of all the Star wars items on offer how many have actually shipped

Not sure. I believe the First Order Trooper helmet and one of the armor kits.

The only other Star Wars item by Anovos that is out (although not offered as a pre-order or on the website) os the Imperial replica belt buckle offered exclusively at the Disney Parks.

Not sure. I believe the First Order Trooper helmet and one of the armor kits.

The only other Star Wars item by Anovos that is out (although not offered as a pre-order or on the website) os the Imperial replica belt buckle offered exclusively at the Disney Parks.

And that's my point 2 out of 37 lines is simply not good enough with some stating packaging testing for over a year

Well, still didn't get a reply..... but... got a shipping notice for the stormtrooper kit.:) Looks like they processed it the day I sent the email, and it shipped yesterday. No idea what the 2 month holdup was though.

Well, still didn't get a reply..... but... got a shipping notice for the stormtrooper kit.:) Looks like they processed it the day I sent the email, and it shipped yesterday. No idea what the 2 month holdup was though.
Exeact same deal with me , also ordered on april 21. And got shipment notice this morning ( actually two weeks after i cancelled but obviously that didnt take )
im having it shipped to florida as im on vacation here now , but before i left Norway i got so stressed out about the lack of communication and shipping notice that i actually bought another from a guy in Germany here on the junkyard .
So i guess i have two then
Considering putting one of them up for sale in tve junkyard myself , as i will be able to do both US and european shipping relatively cheap depending on witch one i sell

This might be a stupid question , but im kinda fresh here so dont bite my head of :)
Thing is im now suddenly getting two stormtrooper kits from anovos at the same time , so for the possibly stupid part :
Could a stormtrooper kit from anovos be modified into a shadowtrooper costume ? Are there differences to these other than the color ( i think maybe the lens color of the helmet ? )

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question , but im kinda fresh here so dont bite my head of :)
Thing is im now suddenly getting two stormtrooper kits from anovos at the same time , so for the possibly stupid part :
Could a stormtrooper kit from anovos be modified into a shadowtrooper costume ? Are there differences to these other than the color ( i think maybe the lens color of the helmet ? )

Shadow troopers are storm troopers in black.

So the white anovos kits can be made into shadow troopers with paint.

Obviously it could be done. They are using the same molds to make the Stormtrooper and Shadowtrooper.

You would need to paint the whole thing. I don't know how durable that would be. Some people paint their Stormtrooper suit made by other manufacturers, so it's not that unusual to paint the whole suit.

It would probably be best to ask on whitearmor.net. There are lots of very experienced Stormtrooper builders there.

It would be much easier to buy a Shadowtrooper kit and sell the extra Stormtrooper kit. The cost may not be much different after buying the paint for the whole suit and anything else needed to convert the helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back