Blade Runner 2049

sooooo, from this trailer, I'm getting the feeling that we're going to have explicit confirmation that Deckard is a replicant, and that he's found the secret to extend life, and it's somehow the birth of a new species, and Blindy McSuicide-Squad is going to try to stop it? I hope that's a misdirect... I still have faith that Villeneuve could pull it off, make it dramatically worthwhile.

They are putting too much out there now. I'm in "eyes closed" mode until it releases and I can see it in it's entirety and in context.

I think Deckard saying "We were being hunted" might be a red herring. But if the Replicants are the protagonists of this film and the humans are the villains having him be a Replicant would make sense.

The most funny thing to me: Harrison Ford says: "I had your job once. I was good at it" ... Come on, Deck, you killed only two women and after they beat you up.
Leon was killed by Rachel and Batty had a "natural death".

You are a lier.

I think Deckard saying "We were being hunted" might be a red herring. But if the Replicants are the protagonists of this film and the humans are the villains having him be a Replicant would make sense.

I am by no means a BR expert (not even a big fan, actually) - but I took the "We were being hunted" line to refer to him and Rachel after the end of the first film. He ran away with a replicant, so both he and Rachel were being hunted - as such, I figured the "we" could refer only to him and Rachel as a fleeing couple (one a replicant, the other maybe not), not "we" in the sense of "me and my fellow replicants".

M

I am by no means a BR expert (not even a big fan, actually) - but I took the "We were being hunted" line to refer to him and Rachel after the end of the first film. He ran away with a replicant, so both he and Rachel were being hunted - as such, I figured the "we" could refer only to him and Rachel as a fleeing couple (one a replicant, the other maybe not), not "we" in the sense of "me and my fellow replicants".

M

Great point, I totally forgot about Rachel!

The most funny thing to me: Harrison Ford says: "I had your job once. I was good at it" ... Come on, Deck, you killed only two women and after they beat you up.

You are a lier.

Well that's just what we saw, he was retired remember? He had a whole career doing it before what we saw.

Well that's just what we saw, he was retired remember? He had a whole career doing it before what we saw.
And he was SO good, they needed him back.

"You could learn from this guy, Gaff, he's a goddammed one-man slaughterhouse, that's what he is..."

You are a lier.

Correct!

While I loooooove Blade Runner, I remember from my first screening thinking "Man... This is the old Blade Runner they wanted back? Deckard is terrible at this!"

Deckard is no longer the man he was when we meet him in the first film. There is a history there involving a nickname of Mr. Nighttime, and replicants called him the boogeyman. He was a replicant retirement machine at one point in his career. Meaning he killed a lot of skin jobs, enough to earn a reputation. Then one day he'd had a "belly full" of killing and stopped. The idea being, I think, is that he was a severely broken man.

This also means we have no idea what generation of replicants he was good at killing. But it was obviously not the Nexus 6, as they took him to school.

Deckard is no longer the man he was when we meet him in the first film. There is a history there involving a nickname of Mr. Nighttime, and replicants called him the boogeyman. He was a replicant retirement machine at one point in his career. Meaning he killed a lot of skin jobs, enough to earn a reputation. Then one day he'd had a "belly full" of killing and stopped. The idea being, I think, is that he was a severely broken man.

This also means we have no idea what generation of replicants he was good at killing. But it was obviously not the Nexus 6, as they took him to school.

And now they are Nexus 8.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-that-can-be-gleaned-from-the-new-blade-runne-1796986630

New text at the begining then:

"Early in the 21st century the Tyrell Corporation advanced Robot evolution into the NEXUS phase a being virtually identical to human known as Replicant.

The New NEXUS 8 Replicant were superior in strengh and agility and inteligence to the NEXUSs 6 that preceded them.

Hundreds of Special Police Squads - BLADE RUNNER UNITS - suddenly got sick and run to their homes to hide under their beds.

This was not called cowardice, it was called retirement".

New pistola:

uaKvo7p.jpg

Ain't got nuthin' on the classic.

Poor Sean, Rachael`s going to be the key to this whole thing and she aint gunna make a cent.:thumbsdown

I`ve gotta feeling Goslings going to own this and Leto`s going to annoy me.

Leto almost always annoys me but I gotta say I'm okay with the clips of him so far. . .

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back