Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Before and after he spins the emitter. The nipple and main emitter piece seem to have all rotated together, so I dont think they are independent pieces. You can see the position of the clamp and body are unchanged so it gives a good picture of the rotating bits..

View attachment 698025

the WHOLE top moves together. Those parts aren't separate, or rather... cannot be separated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also seeing it move around and be turned, not seeing ANY gold on the windvane.

There's no GOLD, but it's not just black

- - - Updated - - -

dunno... im not much of a tape fan. though i still believe its electrical tape that was used and not gaffers but thats just my personal ignorance lol

Nope... it's gaffer tape. 100%

...Also an excellent point, maybe the nipple is one piece and that initial hole didn't work out so they drilled two more at the top. And then again, that doesn't explain the hole on the shared stunt but perhaps that was done later due to a difference in how the blades were mounted for ROTJ...

I would presume, if it is indeed another retention screw in the emitter step on the V2, it serves the same function as the one on the Shared Stunt albeit in another position.

I just quickly and sloppily put this together just to get an idea of the how these chunky monkeys may have been or currently are. Question marks denote whether or not they actually serve the purpose or if they are there to begin with.

SSV2.jpg

I would presume, if it is indeed another retention screw in the emitter step on the V2, it serves the same function as the one on the Shared Stunt albeit in another position.

I just quickly and sloppily put this together just to get an idea of the how these chunky monkeys may have been or currently are. Question marks denote whether or not they actually serve the purpose or if they are there to begin with.

View attachment 698081
onecorrection

the second screw on the V2 shouldnt reach all the way to the rod! only to the nipple itself...otherwise the nipple screws would be a bit pointless

I think the shared stunt one serves two functions.

As for the Anakin Starkiller and accuracy, I would say the solos hold is more accurate, nearly perfect from the neck up aside from missing the screw holes and nipple ring cut. But dimensions-wise, it's very close. The Grenade: the Anaking SK is closer but could use slightly deeper cuts, and the booster through pommel is near perfect. So a marriage of the two would be the closest to the real thing. Also Roy's lever is closest.

The mystery chunk isn't just square, and there's more to it than you can see in pics and the video. Crazy.

onecorrection

the second screw on the V2 shouldnt reach all the way to the rod! only to the nipple itself...otherwise the nipple screws would be a bit pointless

I think the shared stunt one serves two functions.

To the former: from what I gathered, the nipple screws were meant for the dueling rod sleeve to fasten to the nipple. Don't know why that was the decided upon method to do it but that's what I took into account. Considering what it is now, yes, it is a bit redundant.

To the latter: I think so too but can't be sure..

To the former: from what I gathered, the nipple screws were meant for the dueling rod sleeve to fasten to the nipple. Don't know why that was the decided upon method to do it but that's what I took into account. Considering what it is now, yes, it is a bit redundant.

To the latter: I think so too but can't be sure..

goodthinking!

brandon also mentioned the tip of the rod has a ring groove like the pommel on Dan's saber. for those set screws, so they had to be longer than the ones we used in the v2 run!

I'm actually now pretty proud of how close I got on the stencils after finally seeing some decently clear shots.
Sure there are some places that aren't so close, that could be made much more accurate with some light scratching but all in all it's very close.
Yea i was looking at my saber compared to this and there are some slight differences but you defenatly did an amazing job.now that you can see the differences is tgere any chance of a v2 ?even though you were really close with v1 I would defenatly be in for a few sets of updated decals.this is by far my favorite saber and I want it to be as screen accurate as it can be.

We'll see. I'll wait for the full episode to be posted and see what can be altered. In the mean time, a razor blade and a tiny paint brush would come in handy for any spot treatment.

I can't wait for this run. Thanks for offering the interest run of your stencils again. Looks like the 30 has been reached and once the unibody is finished there should be more.

As I understand it, the person who owns this original v2 prop is also one of the founders of this forum. Is that correct?

One day, long after we're all dead, maybe someone will spend 5 or 10 minutes taking some quality photographs of this prop - and put those photos up somewhere for more than 5 people to see them. I'm having FedEx hold a letter for delivery to my son and UPS for my daughter for the year 2066 to have them look into it.

Brandon is a prop nerd-- he wants to keep his as unique as possible, Given what he paid for it, I don't blame him.

Those aren't the words I'd use to describe him. :) Then again, I don't know him personally, so I avoid saying much about it at all.

I think it would be interesting to put SH's and AS's replicas next to the real deal - I feel there would be a lot of surprises. I have the SH replica, and I don't think it's especially accurate compared to AS's 2nd run, but a great effort based on the reference material at the time.

Going back a little bit in the thread, here's a potential little exercise... How many layers (winds) of gaffer's tape do people think are currently on the neck of the saber?

Last edited:
Not to derail, but I don't love the SH. I can always spot it cause of that elongated pommel. But they are servicing many fans.

Gaffers tape-- I'm not sure. After a few decades the adhesive would have broken down I think. It looks like it's on there, but not doing it's job since the thing spins.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back