Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Just a thought.
Perhaps some of those dents are from when Luke tossed it away during his confrontation with the Emperor in ROTJ.
I always wince when I hear it clank down on the ground.

It's either gotta be thinner than AnakinStarkillers recent runs in that spot, or a softer aluminum, because I had to smack a corner of mine with a giant hammer several times to get even the slightest dip in the edge.

It's either gotta be thinner than AnakinStarkillers recent runs in that spot, or a softer aluminum, because I had to smack a corner of mine with a giant hammer several times to get even the slightest dip in the edge.

Hard to tell, we also have to consider the fact that the prop has existed for 40 years and was used extensively as a stunt saber for six years and even as a hammer at one point before it debuted as the main saber prop for Luke in ROTJ and then who knows what has happened to it between then and when it resurfaced in 2015.

Start warping those emitters! The rod tip is interesting too, has a little notch out of one side, and appears to have a very small hole in the center. And since the emitter still spins, I guess that gaffer tape is on there super loosely, you can still see its there though.

I put a warp in my emitter in one side, since thats all I could see in original reference, but there are clearly more. It was pretty hard to get the one too, so not sure how do give it that many curves.

It seems that was just a clip, so when the full episode comes out, we may see more of it.

View attachment 697989

it's not so much a hole but a little dent/ding or imperfection from when that rod was cut.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I just saw this clip from Mark Hamill's new show where he's examining the original ROTJ V2 prop!

https://youtu.be/7adP0f6zgR4

That was genuinely, and oddly, moving for me. It was like Arthur being reunited with his Excalibur.

It's either gotta be thinner than AnakinStarkillers recent runs in that spot...

This is my thinking, as well, considering the similar indentations around the emitter face.

Incredible pictures! I san see the gap showing that the nipple is NOT a part of the emitter, but a removable part. I think I want to re-do my weathering too!

Dan did an impeccable job...just wish the first run had accurate rings and we knew about it earlier lol

Incredible pictures! I san see the gap showing that the nipple is NOT a part of the emitter, but a removable part. I think I want to re-do my weathering too!

Dan did an impeccable job...just wish the first run had accurate rings and we knew about it earlier lol

SO Friggin COOL.

They could have said THIS IS ONE OF THE 600 PROPS YOU HAD FOR ROTJ

But if it had to be ONE, it has to be the V2.

Looks like he took the gaffer tape off since celebration. Or is it still there?

Also-- new info for me-- the stunt blades in ANH were coated in movie screen material not Scotchlite.

Before and after he spins the emitter. The nipple and main emitter piece seem to have all rotated together, so I dont think they are independent pieces. You can see the position of the clamp and body are unchanged so it gives a good picture of the rotating bits..

attachment.png

just took some quick screen grabs

hamillhold2%202.png

hamillhold2%20resize.png

hamillhold1%202.png

hamillhold1%20resize.png

anyone else got any clearer pictures? im so addicted to this saber...

when did this video go public?!

Start warping those emitters! The rod tip is interesting too, has a little notch out of one side, and appears to have a very small hole in the center. And since the emitter still spins, I guess that gaffer tape is on there super loosely, you can still see its there though.

I put a warp in my emitter in one side, since thats all I could see in original reference, but there are clearly more. It was pretty hard to get the one too, so not sure how do give it that many curves.

It seems that was just a clip, so when the full episode comes out, we may see more of it.

View attachment 697989
Brings me back to the days of records being left in a hot area causing them to warp. Records, what are records! Lol

Great picture, thanks for sharing and just in time for anikans uni body release . If you don't mind, can you pst this pic in that unibody group thread as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or does the saber look bent. The lower part looks to be hanging down slightly.

These are great shots

well boys, lets start haunting slothfurnace looks like the card is green!

v2%20in%20box%20card.png

- - - Updated - - -

That's the founder of the RPF, Brandon Alinger. Brandon got this maybe a year or two ago?

i know that silly! i was wondering when this video was made, it claims to be published on youtube today. i was just curious if this is a brand new video for all of us, or if its old. this is the first I've ever seen it

- - - Updated - - -

hamillhold4%20d.png

hamillhold7%20c.png

excellent shot of the clamp lever
hamillhold5%20a.png

hamillhold7%202.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the gaffer tape, which appears to not be tightly wrapped if the neck spins as easily as it did. YOu can easily see here when its wrapped tigher, the neck is thinner.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.25.38 PM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back