Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Just yer basic Steampunk Furyfire:

SteampunkFuryfire_01b.jpg

(I need to work on lighting.)

Hello guys I’m new here, here are my first two proyects, it was only paint jobs

15BE2168-1EC8-4CC8-AABB-C4FE46437F56.jpeg

And here’s my new WIP a more ambitious job, it’s inspired by the new order blaster

B8578695-9DB9-4EE2-B8B8-A924EE0D8103.jpeg

I’m still gathering the parts before starting the work. What do you think?

This is a nerf maverick repaint I did a few years ago using a brush on paint that actually develops a genuine forced patina. Bronze and copper areas each reacted differently with the oxidizing agent. Unfortunately, it appears the paint may have been discontinued, as I’ve been unable to find it any longer.

I’m planning to repaint a hammer shot soon, and will have to brush up on painting techniques to create the aged metal appearance so many of you have achieved so wonderfully.

5fa507cc8328f10b5a5f3dc728ee2e60.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is great. I've got a couple of Star Wars blasters that I've been itching to tackle but I've been afraid of messing them up. I bought spares so I think it's time I just jumped in and tried it.

Greetings fellow Nerfinators! Happy new year and all that jazz!

My first project for 2018 is this little fellow - a minimised Longstrike that looks like a face-melting happy-face face-melter.

iOASZXJ.jpg

Similar process to my other blasters: disassembly, sanding, black primer, silver drybrush, masking, rust red and salt, silver base coat, de-salt, liquid mask, yellow coat, de-masking, grip masking, brown coat, light brown drybrush, de-mask, hand brushed detailing, reassembly, grime coat/weathering. Boom. You get the idea...

HRIykI8.jpg

Pretty happy with how this came out - up close, the yellow has left a nice little ridge where the chipping effect came through brilliantly, and overall the colours contrast against one another nicely.

On to the next! Thanks for looking :)

My first project for 2018 is this little fellow - a minimised Longstrike that looks like a face-melting happy-face face-melter.

https://i.imgur.com/iOASZXJ.jpg

Similar process to my other blasters: disassembly, sanding, black primer, silver drybrush, masking, rust red and salt, silver base coat, de-salt, liquid mask, yellow coat, de-masking, grip masking, brown coat, light brown drybrush, de-mask, hand brushed detailing, reassembly, grime coat/weathering. Boom. You get the idea...

https://i.imgur.com/HRIykI8.jpg

Pretty happy with how this came out - up close, the yellow has left a nice little ridge where the chipping effect came through brilliantly, and overall the colours contrast against one another nicely.

You are the master. Great start to '18!

https://i.imgur.com/iOASZXJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HRIykI8.jpg

wtf!!! very amazing!!

and looks like a prop I would have seen in Blade Runner 2049

Wanted to wait until I had a finished nerf prop before my first post in this thread, been lurking for awhile and a fan of a lot of the stuff I see here. But seeing as I found a pretty decent deal I wanted to pass along. Big Lots, not a store I typically shop so I was lucky to stumble upon this, has buy one get one 50% off on kids activity products, which includes nerf and similar blasters.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YZI7nDKl...obucket.com/albums/ee395/Can-obi/343b674b.jpg
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/Can-obi/5647db63.jpg[/QUOTE]

Well I did this nice intro post detailing how I'd lurked this thread for like 18 months, and was inspired by various people's work ect ect but it didn't post for some reason. Anyway wanted to pass along that big lots has buy one get one 50% off on their limited selection of blasters. I picked up two nerf mega hotshock blasters for 10.00 and tax total. The deal is online, but that gun is in store online currently so your luck may vary. They also are one of the few places that still sale the drum style buzz bee sidewinder which is how I found out about the deal. Looking forward to sharing some gun pics soon.

Also since I suck at hardware aka garage terminology, another user posted this some back, my question is, what's the technical term for the metal grate/plate behind the gun? I'm looking for literally this exact stuff but can't seem to source it but also searching incorrect keywords may be a big factor.

Last edited:
Well I did this nice intro post detailing how I'd lurked this thread for like 18 months, and was inspired by various people's work ect ect but it didn't post for some reason. Anyway wanted to pass along that big lots has buy one get one 50% off on their limited selection of blasters. I picked up two nerf mega hotshock blasters for 10.00 and tax total. The deal is online, but that gun is in store online currently so your luck may vary. They also are one of the few places that still sale the drum style buzz bee sidewinder which is how I found out about the deal. Looking forward to sharing some gun pics soon.

Also since I suck at hardware aka garage terminology, another user posted this some back, my question is, what's the technical term for the metal grate/plate behind the gun? I'm looking for literally this exact stuff but can't seem to source it but also searching incorrect keywords may be a big factor.

Hi TyrantProps, welcome to the forum :)

Fisrt posts can take a bit longer to show up, they'll appear instantly soon enough after awhile though (mods just making sure no bots or spammers are trying to get in)

The grate behind the gun is called perforated sheet (mine is aluminium but is also made from other metals) and comes in different thicknesses and hole sizes and is relatively inexpensive.

Hope that helps :)

<edit> Just checked my sources and found some with hex shaped holes as well now.

Last edited:
Hi all, have done a few Nerfs & started my own thread before I found out about this one.
Reworked the finish on this one today so I thought I'd post it here!
It's a nerf retaliator, clad in acrylic.
Anyways, hope you like it!
d9c766245e3d10ca2635e808bc2dcdf2.jpg
4011a87544fed93ed7923ca47c9bd168.jpg
a0e3b16b19a237ec71f2e035f3cc4813.jpg
a3204c14938e36b84bf88f97b5af5e1b.jpg
a0a5e479d4effa8937634b88bb6e51a6.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 week out from Sydney Oz Comic Con I decided to be Deadshot. I barely had enough time to paint a Nerf blaster but no time to weather it. See if you can guess all the pieces ;)
deadshot-rifle-nerf.jpg

Hi all, have done a few Nerfs & started my own thread before I found out about this one.
Reworked the finish on this one today so I thought I'd post it here!
It's a nerf retaliator, clad in acrylic.
Anyways, hope you like it!

At first I thought you meant it was painted with acrylic but, then I realized what you actually meant. That is really well done. It doesn't even look like a nerf gun anymore. Reminds me of the rifle from Oblivion. Very nice.

At first I thought you meant it was painted with acrylic but, then I realized what you actually meant. That is really well done. It doesn't even look like a nerf gun anymore. Reminds me of the rifle from Oblivion. Very nice.
Cheers!
& you're absolutely spot on, I did it with the oblivion rifle in mind.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back