Etsy Wonder Woman armor, trustworthy?

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking around for the movie armor for a potential mannequin display, similar to how Warner Bros had the BvS costumes displayed for promotion.
Looking for the most screen accurate and high quality out there and saw this sale posting on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/220207276/custom-make-wonder-woman-armor-cosplay?ref=shop_home_active_4
Below are the only two photos of the sellers alleged product from that listing.

My concern is that the armor looks a little too good to be true, as it really resembles a sneaky behind the scenes photo taken at the actual studio shop - I COULD be way wrong on this, but it raises question to me because we've all seen slimeballs steal photos from other makers and claim them as their own when selling an item (This actually happened to me once)
So my question is does anyone recognize these photos as belonging to anyone they know or can otherwise verify the validity of what's being advertised.
Thank in advance for everyone's input.
4777dd10d43d118fea34ef535bdbea2c.jpg
550df25015898f9fe759327a1a3a3186.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There are very talented people who make the suit out there. I'll post some photos for your from different makers
That'd be appreciated. I'm interested in doing my own finishing work on it if anyone sells an unpainted kit that is fairly accurate.
I really love the design work put into this costume. One of my favorite comic-to-screen interpretations.

Pannaus does exceptional work. I've purchased from him in the past, though I see no indication on his page or etsy store that the WW armor is something he's making more of

It might be something you need to message them about. I just bought stuff from them that wasn't on their etsy page. I just requested it cause i knew they make it. I think they just very recently finished the Wonder Woman as a commission so i'd imagine if you message them for details they'll make it

Ive had only good experiences so far here https://www.jasonevansfx.com/

I've heard of bad things from Jason aka JEFX. There was a huge controvery where he made a Superman costume and it was literally terrible quality and he refused to comment on it.
He sells his WW costume for 1800 when people like Real Illusion Creation make it for 700 and it is twice the quality. IMO he is a crook. I mean he charges more for his Superman than Masked Rider does... That is a joke.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Those look pretty good, but both are EVA foam sets; I'm looking for something more solid to create a mannequin display that I can paint myself to match the screen used armor.

On Jason Evans, JEFX, I have to warn people away from ordering from him, unfortunately.

He was supposed to have my wife's Wonder Woman costume done by the beginning or mid of October (I clarified specifically that he could have it done by then before ordering in the beginning of August, and he told me it would be no problem), and now isn't responding to emails about the status of the order, despite the fact that the event we were buying it for is less than a week away!

So we don 't even really have time to get a decent back up costume for her now unless this miraculously arrives overnight.

On Jason Evans, JEFX, I have to warn people away from ordering from him, unfortunately.

He was supposed to have my wife's Wonder Woman costume done by the beginning or mid of October (I clarified specifically that he could have it done by then before ordering in the beginning of August, and he told me it would be no problem), and now isn't responding to emails about the status of the order, despite the fact that the event we were buying it for is less than a week away!

So we don 't even really have time to get a decent back up costume for her now unless this miraculously arrives overnight.

Sorry to hear about that bud. Could probably message him on Facebook on Instagram. Hes on all the time. Let us know how it goes but yeah I'd advise all to stay away.

Sorry to hear about that bud. Could probably message him on Facebook on Instagram. Hes on all the time. Let us know how it goes but yeah I'd advise all to stay away.

Sent multiple emails, sent an Instagram message, sent a Facebook message, even commented on the photos on Facebook and Instagram now asking for status because he didnt respond.

Time to post photos, no time for customers who he has taken over a grand from.

Sent multiple emails, sent an Instagram message, sent a Facebook message, even commented on the photos on Facebook and Instagram now asking for status because he didnt respond.

Hope you paid via Purchase Type on PayPal so you can dispute.

Did you purchase through Paypal or Etsy? Theres another guy on this forum dealing with the same stuff you are except he got his stuff but it is terrible quality

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back